Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
waxx25

Season 17 the age of BB

52 comments in this topic

[-AP-]
Players
1,296 posts
11,488 battles

I hate to say it but I have joined the dark side and am playing BB this season. DD is ok I guess but you only need to get RNG'd once to ruing your match. Cruisers same thing, I enjoy the Baltimore for its strong AA and radar but as I assumed I get RNG'd every other battle by a citadel through my stern and yay the match is done for me and even with full AA fit I can't use terrain to hide behind because then I just get dropped anyway.

Thank you WG, it has been some time since I played my Tirpitz. Your broken CV mechanics make BB play fun and engaging, I love sailing in straight lines with no strategy and shooting cruisers and DD's. Same BS "watering down of ships" as they did in tanks...

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1

Players
8,119 posts
8,931 battles

Presence of CV means picking DD is a gamble. I hate great games in Kiev, usually when there was no CV. I also had two games getting matched vs Enterprise and you can guess how fun that was. CV as a class meanwhile to many people is just unappealing, so many won't play those even if they are the strongest option. Heck, I myself stopped playing CV after a few games for how boring it got. And if you only got BB and cruisers as options, BB is just a more solid, less painful option.

But hey, they are a dying class I heard.

Players
392 posts
3,934 battles
1 minute ago, Bunny_Lover_Kallen said:

BB is just a more solid, less painful option.

If you have Massachusetts, then you're pretty much care-free.

[SHAFT]
Players
9,610 posts
8,867 battles
2 minutes ago, Bunny_Lover_Kallen said:

so many won't play those even if they are the strongest option. Heck, I myself stopped playing CV after a few games for how boring it got.

Maybe they should just make them even more OP, everyone who dont want to play them can leave the game, all others become CV mains, then we add bots to every tier = profit.

Then make Wows 2.0 without CVs and Subs, all those left can go there and we are all happy :cap_like:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 9

Beta Tester
3,159 posts
3,608 battles
3 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Then make Wows 2.0 without CVs and Subs, all those left can go there and we are all happy :cap_like:

• Funny 1

Players
1,449 posts
6,803 battles
3 hours ago, steveraptor said:

I was care-free in my Massachusetts, till I bumped into other well played Massachusettses, and carrier focus at rank 10. I play cruisers since. I feel happy again.

[KOKOS]
Players
446 posts
6,465 battles

Let planes contest caps, and then we can finally get rid of DDs for good.

Make them drop a little life boat or something, that would be great!

I am feeling not quite useless enough in my Cossack, and something should be done about that. I am sure I can count on the devs for that.

Damn, I just love carriers in competitive modes. Big fan!

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4

[BHSFL]
Players
3,516 posts

Players in DD have been saying for quite some time they rank out easiest and fastest. I decided to try it too an play DD a lot and find out if that goes for me too. Progressing indeed has been easier then usual using other ship types.

And other then that : cruisers seem to be far more dangerous/always present to DD then any air threat in my experience. Even if that is caused by yet inexperienced DD skills it still makes CV less dangerous then Cruisers that are always there.

Playing in Cruisers and BB i was not destroyed by any CV. That fell to Cruisers and more often BB too. Which is logically not strange as these are the most common/numeric enemies.

Weekend Tester
1,065 posts
7,695 battles

Played a BB 3 times id say... Been called a Full HP sniper Odin. After the match my feelings were so hurt I became a Cruiser main.

[JRM]
Players
6,384 posts
24,310 battles

@OP As if thats not every Ranked season so far

[SPURD]
Players
323 posts
3,476 battles

"Mommy, how did we lose?"

"Well, battleship and edge of map loved each other very much..."

• Funny 5

[TLLP]
Players
18 posts
601 battles
5 hours ago, steveraptor said:

The Enterprise sunk mine inside 5 minutes by spamming torps at it from all sides. it can take a lot of torp hits but not all at once. 

[1701]
Players
108 posts
13,128 battles
3 hours ago, genosse said:

I am feeling not quite useless enough in my Cossack, and something should be done about that. I am sure I can count on the devs for that.

Do not worry. Subs Wil fix that :cap_like:

[-AP-]
Players
1,296 posts
11,488 battles
4 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

Players in DD have been saying for quite some time they rank out easiest and fastest. I decided to try it too an play DD a lot and find out if that goes for me too. Progressing indeed has been easier then usual using other ship types.

And other then that : cruisers seem to be far more dangerous/always present to DD then any air threat in my experience. Even if that is caused by yet inexperienced DD skills it still makes CV less dangerous then Cruisers that are always there.

Playing in Cruisers and BB i was not destroyed by any CV. That fell to Cruisers and more often BB too. Which is logically not strange as these are the most common/numeric enemies.

Let me clarify, I enjoyed playing cruisers and DD's BUT battleships are the most consistent. When you get bad rng in your destroyer or cruiser you die, your team loses, and you get like 3rd or 4th place. A BB makes it easy to survive and get 1st thus keeping your star......stupid how it works but it is what it is.

Yesterday it was like clockwork, 2 wins 1 loss for ~20 battles. In the dd when I died early I was never 1st place. In my BB I lost 0 stars.

Players
84 posts
12,421 battles
5 hours ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

All real men play BB's. :Smile_glasses:

Brb mum's making me a sandwich!  :Smile_Default:

All real men with little nut sacks play BB

Real men with big balls play DD :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[I-J-N]
Players
4,225 posts
10 minutes ago, Viper_Tech_ said:

All real men with little nut sacks play BB

Real men with big balls play DD :Smile_trollface:

:Smile_unsure:

[OCTO]
Players
57 posts
4,290 battles
5 hours ago, genosse said:

My thought exactly.  I mean who doesn't like an Enterprise player blapping players with a 10% higher win rate off the map unopposed?  He takes on so much risk in the battle.  

[BRITS]
Beta Tester
336 posts
6,674 battles

Remember WG wants to launch that Roma with "smoke" and sap. It will enter a cap and smoke cap it. So no dds required.:cap_haloween:

• Funny 2

[BHSFL]
Players
3,516 posts
On 7/24/2020 at 7:30 PM, waxx25 said:

Let me clarify, I enjoyed playing cruisers and DD's BUT battleships are the most consistent. When you get bad rng in your destroyer or cruiser you die, your team loses, and you get like 3rd or 4th place. A BB makes it easy to survive and get 1st thus keeping your star......stupid how it works but it is what it is.

Yesterday it was like clockwork, 2 wins 1 loss for ~20 battles. In the dd when I died early I was never 1st place. In my BB I lost 0 stars.

I think pogressing  has to do with players perform best in the class they are most proficient with.

And what happens if you get in a match with 3 DD and a CV and the enemy DD and CV prove a lot more skilled ? You can't fight any of them in a BB......invisible and out of reach........You will feel like a helpless pinata then......:Smile_teethhappy:

But you are right BB make up the bulk of all ranked MM queue. Chances on such unfavorable MM are small.

• Cool 2

[I-J-N]
Players
4,225 posts
45 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

I think pogressing  has to do with players perform best in the class they are most proficient with.

And what happens if you get in a match with 3 DD and a CV and the enemy DD and CV prove a lot more skilled ? You can't fight any of them in a BB......invisible and out of reach........You will feel like a helpless pinata then......:Smile_teethhappy:

But you are right BB make up the bulk of all ranked MM queue. Chances on such unfavorable MM are small.

There are the class limitations, indeed. If one class dominates the MM, that class will also dominate the battle, whatever the class. But if the MM is balanced, they will need to coordinate their tactics properly in order to win the battle. If you got a good team, that can happen. If the red team has a good team, let's just say you ain't gonna win that one.

• Cool 1

Players
1,449 posts
6,803 battles

I watched Sir Pingalot's stream, Tier 5-1 was dominated by DDs this weekend.

[UNICS]
Players
4,502 posts
15,942 battles
27 minutes ago, Ocsimano18 said:

I watched Sir Pingalot's stream, Tier 5-1 was dominated by DDs this weekend.

That's a bit interesting. Few cvs around or did they do well regardless?

Sign in to follow this