You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Captain_82

Personal statement regarding players with toxic behaviour :(

48 comments in this topic

[_KAP_]
Players
188 posts
21,571 battles

So after recent events, a personal statement has to be made. :cap_old:

I got spampinged/punished/reported several times over the last couple of days for contributing to my teams victory.

All the mentioned rounds resulted in a win - so please don`t suspect anything about poor play on my part which resulted in a defeat.

Still, some 55% dudes were thinking they could push me around; telling me what to do.

I even got deliberately torped by the latest guy.

He approached me and then sent a torp volley into my broadside. Unprovoked that is. *clap* *clap*

Even told me how to play that particular BB in a private message.

Who do you think you are?

Action equals consequences.

And as I said, I took action upon your teamdamage.

Does it even occur to you / the mentioned players that a BB-guy sitting in a central position on the map has a plan after all?

That the BB-guy would possess skill meaning that he would not be the average BB-player ?? Even when his stats suggest otherwise?

Stats are depicting past player performance, not necessarily recent one.

Ever heard of the term "Map control"?

All I (yes me) saw in those rounds, was pure toxicity that was unleashed upon me.
Maybe even more so, because I kept my chat disabled for most of the time - not receiving the salt that most likely targeted me.

At some point I did receive the salt because I enabled the chat briefly:

deinstall the game, noob, useless BB ... all standard.

Taken together (see above) hardly "standard" anymore.

Let me be very clear

Im done with your arrogant and punitive behaviour towards me! :cap_viking:

You think being spampinged is fine? Really?

I am not your average 500-random-games-potato !

I played well over 9k random battles. A lot more in other modes.

Everyone makes mistakes (that includes me). They are just not that often as with average players ...

With that being said I sincerely hope that some guys will remember this when they see me / or similar dudes in their team. And that they will think afterwards, preventing them from being toxic!

Kind regards,
Captain_82

WoWs_Amalfi unsportsmanlike conduct.png

Edited by Captain_82
added screenshot
  • Cool 6
  • Boring 5
  • Bad 3

[_I_]
Players
484 posts
17,725 battles
23 minutes ago, Captain_82 said:

With that being said I sincerely hope that some guys will remember this when they see me / or similar dudes in their team. And that they will think afterwards, preventing them from being toxic!

We are all against you, you just don't know it yet! It's a conspiracy specifically against you. :cap_horn:

But after reading this statement how bad we are, we will reconsider...

• Funny 1

[PISH]
Players
369 posts
3,065 battles

I am kinda curious how you explained your plan. Since I've been getting karma and new friends all day by properly stating my intentions in chat.

• Cool 1

[TFP_]
2,490 posts
13,072 battles

Yes, there are players that deliberately abuse the existing system. There are (many) toxic players. Used up all my daily reports in ranked already, but except for the ones that really abuse the system and deal team dmg on purpose there is nothing you can do but report it (if it is threatening directly to the support) and play on or take a break. That is my strategic. But I would report this player to the support. This looks like deliberate team dmg and I think it wasn't his first attempt. So if he's a repeat offender support might give him a appropriate warning. 

Writing in english with a german webbrowser looks awful.. everything is marked as a typing error xD

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,379 posts

Why do you even read such comments ?

You could not talk back and do as they do : report them for abusive behaviour in chat. Likely they get an automated chat ban ( and well justified in this case ) on ( toxic, insultive ) key words.

I sometimes get comments from such full of themselves players too. But then the amusing thing is they can't see my stats, so they asume they must be bad. But they really don't know. I like that. Enemies should not have information on you.

A large ego is something Sun Tzu indentified as a weakness, and giving valid information away is too. "when you are strong appear weak. When you are weak, appear strong. When you are close appear far away. When you are far away, appear close...all warfare is based on deception"

Some unicums know all of that....

• Cool 1

Players
318 posts
10,736 battles

its an online multiplayer game, idk what u expect XD . Anything and everything that goes pew pew, with all chat system that is a team game has toxicity

[WONLY]
Players
420 posts
14,591 battles
10 minutes ago, VeryHonarbrah said:

its an online multiplayer game, idk what u expect XD . Anything and everything that goes pew pew, with all chat system that is a team game has toxicity

This, if you can't handle some salt and "toxic" behaviour, just stop playing online pvp games. 

• Cool 3

[TFP_]
2,490 posts
13,072 battles
Vor 12 Minuten, Marble_Eyes sagte:

This, if you can't handle some salt and "toxic" behaviour, just stop playing online pvp games. 

Yes and no. Yes you should be able to tolerate certain things but from what I've seen there are more than a handful of statements and insults you do not have to accept  or be able to handle. 

• Cool 2

[BHSFL]
Players
3,379 posts

You know of the "garbage truck" theory ?

You are in a good mood. Then someone comes along with a truck full of garbage which tries to dump that gabage on you for no reason at all.  When you let him you too will move around with garbage. Trying to unload on yet another. In the end a lot of peoples day is ruined by the chain reaction of it.

The theory is that you should not let that happen. Instantly forget what such guys do or say. Be as you were before that guy and on with your own program of the day. Don't TAKE the garbage. Let it's owner have all of it.

Does it work ? Dunno....i often think of it but i still have some ego left that receives the garbage anyway. And angers me.....having my account not public helps. Players rediculing what they do not know cannot ruin my mood.

• Cool 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,770 posts
19,435 battles
1 hour ago, Captain_82 said:

I am not your average 500-random-games-potato !

I played well over 9k random battles. A lot more in other modes.

Everyone makes mistakes (that includes me). They are just not that often as with average players ...

You know, the sad part about this is that you seem to genuinely believe this. Never has it occurred to you that maybe, just maybe, you are actually the issue? And that a large number of battles played doesn't actually make you good at the game?

If you seriously believe stats aren't representative of your current performance, well, that is why charts and recent performance in stats exist, no? One can see your progression and unfortunately you don't seem to be improving, so frankly you're not nearly as good as you think you are. I'd like to go into specifics but that is against the forum rules.

• Cool 8

[MORIA]
Players
7,286 posts
35,956 battles

Yeah I had such Friesland today that didn't want to push and then got way back to BBs and started to shell them for no reason. The guy has 36k battles on random so he's not new here. Idk why some people want to reload they're frustration in that way. 

[MORIA]
Players
7,286 posts
35,956 battles
3 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

You know, the sad part about this is that you seem to genuinely believe this. Never has it occurred to you that maybe, just maybe, you are actually the issue? And that a large number of battles played doesn't actually make you good at the game?

If you seriously believe stats aren't representative of your current performance, well, that is why charts and recent performance in stats exist, no? One can see your progression and unfortunately you don't seem to be improving, so frankly you're not nearly as good as you think you are. I'd like to go into specifics but that is against the forum rules.

But he's doing well recently so I don't think it's because of him. It's because of ranked season imho. 

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,770 posts
19,435 battles
4 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

But he's doing well recently so I don't think it's because of him. It's because of ranked season imho. 

Check how many matches he played in a single ship as well as his WR compared to his avg dmg and KPM, then cross check the latter two with his average stats. It should give you a pretty clear picture of what is actually responsible for his high WR.

[MORIA]
Players
7,286 posts
35,956 battles
3 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Check how many matches he played in a single ship as well as his WR compared to his avg dmg and KPM, then cross check the latter two with his average stats. It should give you a pretty clear picture of what is actually responsible for his high WR.

I'll PM you to show you the guy that was having a toxic play in my team. But I'll tell one thing - I wish I had players in my team like OP. Unlike those 100- 200 PR

• Cool 1

[LUZ1]
Players
571 posts
11,209 battles

Unfortunately WoWs players are a lot like the general population: 10% stupid jerks, 40% not so nice, but can live with, 40% rather OK company and 10% really nice people. I don't expect this to be different or change.

Everyone has to choose which category they wish to fit in. For lack of talent, I aim to be in the rather OK group. 

[LEEUW]
Players
2,244 posts
10,003 battles

I love it when people rage at me. Words can't hurt me.

Hmm yes more please, your anger fuels me. 

4995q5.jpg.84496927a2474c918eb2ac34a9127f66.jpg

• Funny 1

[HEROS]
Beta Tester
145 posts
10,241 battles

Most times those friendly fire occur when team is already down to the point everyone blaming those who survived as pushing force for losing. And most times they are right. Full hp BB at the end of game makes everyone angry. Actually stats that you dismiss show clearly what kind of player you are. Wr, average dmg amd survive % tell us all, no way aroud it. Experience is not something that define your skill. You can leave monkey in a room with science book for 20 years, wont make him an scholar.

[U69]
[U69]
Players
175 posts
6 hours ago, SkipperCH said:

Writing in english with a german webbrowser looks awful.. everything is marked as a typing error xD

On the other hand, we do not have typing errors anymore in German, because some people made the (correct) discovery that our kids are so stupid that we must allow them to write in any possible way that enable you to guess the words... :Smile_trollface:

[LEEUW]
Players
26 posts
2,338 battles

@Captain_82

Ignore the haters, if you give them this kind of attention and they read this thread they will probably just laugh about it. Because apparently their behavior affected you enough to make a thread about it. 

If I made a thread each time someone raged at me I'd probably be forum banned for spamming. 

Just ignore and focus on your own play. Show them who is boss with your actions, not with your words. 

This guy kept pinging me the entire match because I didn't do as he pleased. I could have let it distract me. But I chose to focus on my own performance. Made a snarky remark at him right before the match ended. He wasn't happy about it haha. 

IMG_20200724_082525.thumb.jpg.2157e98061c6423333ee775c70aa7c05.jpgScreenshot_20200724_082655.thumb.jpg.d4de293c4e7e14facf519c6260c66ed7.jpg

• Cool 2

Players
214 posts
12,181 battles

If you aren't in at least "good" or "very good" level in a BB according to wows-numbers.com you will most likely get called "useless" ext and you are a liability to your team.

Low level BB players have to be carried by others all the time. 4 out of 5 BB players never get to the upper half in scoreboard. 

Sad part is that a lot of players think they are good when in fact its quite the opposite. 

• Cool 1

[TIDES]
[TIDES]
Players
118 posts
4,536 battles

I find making a note of their names and messaging them after the game is good fun.

Especially when you then take to messaging them *every* day to ask how they are?  Are they getting enough sleep? Is everything OK at home?  Do they need someone to talk to?

Revenge is a dish best served repeatedly.

• Cool 1

Players
457 posts
1,477 battles

Just do what I do;

assume that the rest of your team is composed of 12 year old boys who have just discovered the dictionary has 'bad words' in it.......

:cap_popcorn:

• Cool 2

[HEROS]
Beta Tester
145 posts
10,241 battles
9 minutes ago, Molly_Delaney said:

Just do what I do;

assume that the rest of your team is composed of 12 year old boys who have just discovered the dictionary has 'bad words' in it.......

:cap_popcorn:

Thats quite schizophrenic :-)

[PISH]
Players
369 posts
3,065 battles

If we are not gonna get the details of the chat can we have a replay of the battle? I'm anxious to learn map control from a good BB player.

Players
179 posts
2,756 battles

WG has the tools to turn the  ingame chat into a ban system they just need to ADD KEYWORDS anyone who type them words WG get send notification / date time of the player in chat then chat system has the power to kick from game hit them with a ban