Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Brickdust_Express

help required from you young seadogs

12 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
25 posts
3,292 battles

Been playing for a few weeks now but it a very slow learning  curve for a old silver surfing seadog like me.

The other day I found something about containers  whilst in port (at the moment I admit I,m a aim and fire man till I learn more of the do,s and don,ts of the game) and I then clicked on it and it said I had about 100 containers which I duly opened and everything from Premium days (15 I think) to signals etc appeared.

My first question is can somebody give me a step by step guide to access the opened container screen from the port screen, as I do not seem to able to find my way back to that screen.

Secondly what benefits are these container items to me (I presume they are beneficial.) 

Thirdly, are there time limits on there usage. and how do I enable the usage whilst in that screen.

Fourthly can some body explain what the premium days are for and how, what, why, and when etc do I do with these.

I have tried to find the information I require by browsing, but no luck.

If you have the patience to help me out, thank you very much

All help gratefully received.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[AAO]
Players
1,546 posts
20,647 battles
On 7/23/2020 at 4:44 PM, Brickdust_Express said:

My first question is can somebody give me a step by step guide to access the opened container screen from the port screen, as I do not seem to able to find my way back to that screen.

You can find the containers-screen here:

shot-20_07.23_17_03.28-0812.thumb.jpg.9bd7717048ca3fdc81018d0ed3f673d0.jpg

Assuming you have reached account/access-level 5, which is likely since otherwise you wouldn't be able to get those containers in the first place.

If your question was about getting back to the screen that showed you everything in the containers you already opened you're out of luck.

You can't access that information after closing the client (you can check everything you've gotten going through the notifications, but those expire when you log out and won't be displayed afterwards.)

an example for the notifications here:

shot-20_07.23_17_09.56-0030.jpg.78ac9814e18e70fd2f4d5fd5d224c55d.jpg

 

On 7/23/2020 at 4:44 PM, Brickdust_Express said:

Secondly what benefits are these container items to me (I presume they are beneficial.)  

You can get additional credits, free exp, signal flags (always useful) and coal from normal containers.

Those are useful to research and buy ships and modules (including free-exp special ships like the Nelson and Alaska).

Signal flags can increase your exp,free exp, commander exp and credit income and improve your ships combat performance.
Coal is used to buy premium and special ships from the armory.

 

On 7/23/2020 at 4:44 PM, Brickdust_Express said:

Thirdly, are there time limits on there usage. and how do I enable the usage whilst in that screen. 

You can get up to 3 containers per day for earning exp in battles, whose type you can determine to contain more credits, more signal flags, more coal or less items with a higher chance to get a super-container which can contain premium days, doubloons, coal, large amounts of signal flags or camouflages or steel. Add to that any containers you get as rewards from missions.

Simply click "collect container", pick your type and then either open it or not. If earn enough exp to get a container but don't collect it it will be chosen at random from among the available types and added to your container storage.

 

On 7/23/2020 at 4:44 PM, Brickdust_Express said:

Fourthly can some body explain what the premium days are for and how, what, why, and when etc do I do with these.

As long as your account is premium (i.e. you have premium time left over) you can pick 3 instead of 2 campaign missions at once and your credit- and any kind of exp-income from battle gain a 50%(65%) bonus compared to non-premium income (with or without economic signal flags and camouflages mounted).

 

For future reference, this game has a wiki where most information can be found:

e.g. on containers: https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Container

and the economic impact of premium time: https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Economy#Premium_Account

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
5,452 posts
13,458 battles
52 minutes ago, Brickdust_Express said:

All help gratefully received.

@rnat has covered most stuff off splendidly. A couple of additional things to think about, perhaps:

  • For the standard daily containers (the ones you get for earning xp), the most useful is generally felt to be 'more resources' as that guarantees you at least 400 coal, which is useful for almost everyone.
  • Join a clan: if they have a reasonably developed base, it'll grant you some useful economic bonuses; this includes a bonus to coal earned from containers.
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
25 posts
3,292 battles

Thank you to you both, I am going to try and slowly work through all the info you have provided and hopefully understand it.

Must say awesome help and very quick too. If I get stuck or confused I will come back to the forum, thank you again.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
59 posts
480 battles

Very helpfull community sofar.

I like it.

 

 

About those boxes:

Specially the ones which give you coal can be very helpfull in the longish run (you can buy ships with coal)

Not sure if they are as profitable as the premium ships you can buy in the premium shop. But extra XP for the ship and captain is always nice.

 

To check which ships are available (and their price), you need to go to the armoury. If you look at the first screenshot by rnat (post below your opening post).

Right underneath the "Premium shop" button is the "Armoury" button.

If you click that, you will see a menu on the left with a category "ships".

Mind you, there are also some ships listed for steel instead of coal. You can get steel by playing clan battles and in some special events.

 

 

Have a nice cruise!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
5,452 posts
13,458 battles
10 hours ago, Space_Vato said:

Not sure if they are as profitable as the premium ships you can buy in the premium shop.

If they're 'full' premiums, they are; if they're semi-premium 'event ships', then they aren't.

 

Have a look at the following graphic (stolen from Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/d8m7ud/a_guide_on_premium_ship_credit_income_edited_for/

 

 

image.thumb.png.844fcb458071d9c1a75163090e6180db.png

 

I think they lump the premiums and semi-premiums together; essentially, if it's T10 it's an event ship, and the rest are full premiums (I think).

 

If you want to understand this a bit further, have a look at the Operating Cost bit of the wiki: https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Economy#Operating_Cost

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
139 posts
4,455 battles
On 7/23/2020 at 4:44 PM, Brickdust_Express said:

Been playing for a few weeks now but it a very slow learning  curve for a old silver surfing seadog like me.

The other day I found something about containers  whilst in port (at the moment I admit I,m a aim and fire man till I learn more of the do,s and don,ts of the game) and I then clicked on it and it said I had about 100 containers which I duly opened and everything from Premium days (15 I think) to signals etc appeared.

My first question is can somebody give me a step by step guide to access the opened container screen from the port screen, as I do not seem to able to find my way back to that screen.

Secondly what benefits are these container items to me (I presume they are beneficial.) 

Thirdly, are there time limits on there usage. and how do I enable the usage whilst in that screen.

Fourthly can some body explain what the premium days are for and how, what, why, and when etc do I do with these.

I have tried to find the information I require by browsing, but no luck.

If you have the patience to help me out, thank you very much

All help gratefully received.

I do think they made the port too cluttered now and they should tone it back down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
139 posts
4,455 battles
On 7/24/2020 at 6:29 PM, Verblonde said:

If they're 'full' premiums, they are; if they're semi-premium 'event ships', then they aren't.

 

Have a look at the following graphic (stolen from Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/d8m7ud/a_guide_on_premium_ship_credit_income_edited_for/

 

 

image.thumb.png.844fcb458071d9c1a75163090e6180db.png

 

I think they lump the premiums and semi-premiums together; essentially, if it's T10 it's an event ship, and the rest are full premiums (I think).

 

If you want to understand this a bit further, have a look at the Operating Cost bit of the wiki: https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Economy#Operating_Cost

In which software was this diagram made ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
5,452 posts
13,458 battles
6 hours ago, Nebuched said:

In which software was this diagram made ?

I'm afraid I don't know - perhaps the OP on Reddit might be able to help?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
139 posts
4,455 battles
On 8/3/2020 at 6:05 PM, Brickdust_Express said:

Cheers again for the further help, all gratefully received.

Joining a clan gives you quite some bonuses to nearly everything-some clans have lenient requirements, like not participating in clan wars every week. If youre interested, pm me and I'll point you to such a clan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×