Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Gebbly

The lowest tier ship you still have fun in?

51 comments in this topic

[FMJ]
Players
56 posts
1,349 battles

Due to various reasons I have had to create a fresh account and start collecting ships over again. I am focusing on playing as many lower tier ships as possible and keeping below tier 7 for the time being as it is easier to get and upgrade the ships to try out. I am curious what really low tier ships people still find fun. That doesnt just mean the most powerful but which ship you have the most fun playing for whatever reason, you like fast ships, challenging ships etc.

Personally the lowest tier ship I immediately knew I wanted to get in this new account was the Kuma. The first Japanese cruiser with torpedoes. The guns are reasonable and the little surprise torpedoes are a blast to chuck at a Battleship coming around a corner.

As I recall even the lowest tier US Destroyers were a blast. I think I'll have a play with the tier 2 Sampson next. I like getting into and out of scrapes fast and I enjoy faster loading guns rather than slower but more powerful guns. <pew><pew><pew>

What is the lowest tier ship you still have fun in?

• Cool 1

[PUPSI]
Players
730 posts
2,435 battles

Shenyang, all the way.

St Louis/Charleston

Phoenix

Clemson

Mainly Shenyang though.

• Cool 2

[GJE]
Players
195 posts
3,225 battles

Tenryu is first Japanese cruiser with torps. 

I had a mad fun in Romulus lately 😁, but all DDs really are entertaining on lower tiers, and Japanese cruisers of course - except Chikuma... 

• Cool 1

[FMJ]
Players
56 posts
1,349 battles
1 minute ago, dommo77 said:

Tenryu is first Japanese cruiser with torps. 

I had a mad fun in Romulus lately 😁, but all DDs really are entertaining on lower tiers, and Japanese cruisers of course - except Chikuma... 

Sorry, yes your quite right. I actually meant the Tenryu (The Kuma is a blast and one of my favourite ships so always the first ship I think of). But getting to the Tenryu and having access to my first new ship with torpedoes was great fun. So at the moment the lowest tier ship thats great fun for me at the moment is the Tenryu.

Players
94 posts
1,903 battles

Smith, tier 2 premium destroyer 0.80€ in the shop. Reload main battery very fast and torps too. And plus, if you have twich and amazon account joined with wows account, you get an USA captain with 10 point (and more things) with twich prime. I think today or tomorrow is the last day for this prime gift.

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester
1,060 posts
7,583 battles
55 minutes ago, HARBINGER_OF_SKULLS said:

Hermelin, Hashidate, Orlan...

Tier 1 is dead ever since the removal of AP.

On the other hand... Lets see...

Mikasa, V-25, Konigsberg, Genova, Abruzzi, Konig Albert, Gaede, Furutaka, Nasau, Myogi, Kongo, Fuso, Nagato, Gneisenau, Hosho and Ryujo.

Never played but looks fun: St. Louis, Farragut, Mahan, Izmail, Sinop, Nelson.

[SURFA]
Players
34 posts
3,597 battles

Black swan.   Sometimes like to take out for the sheer fun of just all cruiser and gun fight.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[U69]
[U69]
Players
164 posts

Hermelin, for sure - only ship with which I got 7 kills in a random game. :Smile_smile:

• Funny 3

[R3B3L]
Players
868 posts
28,978 battles

T2 Tachibana, Emden, Mikasa

T3 Tenryiu, Wakatake, Katori, Vampire

Off-topic, but:

- too bad Black Swan is T1, otherwise i would play this legend of the Battle of the Atlantic often.

- pity that Gryf is not a T2/T3 premium cruiser or so

[BHSFL]
Players
3,366 posts
13,049 battles

T6 is lowest played for me despite T5 is often enough for task completing rewards but they also often complete them slower. ( if damage related )

Sold all my < T5 because of uselessness ( not aquiring task rewards  ) and think WG wastes game potential here a lot.

[FMJ]
Players
56 posts
1,349 battles

I think uselessness is subjective. Yes if your driving goal is rewards thats a problem and I agree it would be great if there were tasks and missions for all tiers. However, for me the tasks and rewards are of a secondary concern and my main goal is having fun in a battle so for me the lowest tiers are far from useless.

• Cool 1

Players
1,956 posts
6,559 battles

Derpski the T3 Ru DD - 10 torps every 20 seconds - only 4km range so gotta get close - 171 battles averaging 50k damage

Clemson the T4 USN DD - I think it's possibly the most "overpowered when compared to the other ships at it's tier" tech tree ship in-game - 99 battles averaging 65k damage

Players
264 posts
4,969 battles

I like CVs and now and then I do well in them, but tier 4 CVs should be removed, I think. So many fun ships don't get a chance, because of Miss Hosho (and gang).

On the other hand, shame on the Clemson et al seal clubbers. I love raining fiery death on them (either from a CV or from a French cruiser. I find Douguay-Trouins (sp) hugely overpowered and fun).

[L4GG]
Players
3,023 posts
10,497 battles

Kuma.

Tachibana Lima

But Kuma, i love it.

[TFP_]
2,456 posts
13,036 battles

St. Louis her premium variant (don't know the name right now)

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,716 posts
5,270 battles
4 minutes ago, SkipperCH said:

St. Louis her premium variant (don't know the name right now)

Charleston. Personally the St Louis bored me to tears, but each to their own.

Players
397 posts
24,586 battles
Vor 3 Stunden, Gebbly sagte:

Personally the lowest tier ship I immediately knew I wanted to get in this new account was the Kuma. The first Japanese cruiser with torpedoes. The guns are reasonable and the little surprise torpedoes are a blast to chuck at a Battleship coming around a corner.

The first Japanese Cruiser with Torps is the Tier 3 Tenryu.

The Ship is like a Bigger Destroyer with a Citadell.

Kuma was Fun and so was every Ship that followed her.

[BHSFL]
Players
3,366 posts
13,049 battles
1 hour ago, Gebbly said:

I think uselessness is subjective. Yes if your driving goal is rewards thats a problem and I agree it would be great if there were tasks and missions for all tiers. However, for me the tasks and rewards are of a secondary concern and my main goal is having fun in a battle so for me the lowest tiers are far from useless.

Advancing over the full with of the tech tree = all classes of all nations put such a strain on play time that one will not have time to play anything that does not have extra rewards.

Sign in to follow this