You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Caridon

BB players just stop.

94 comments in this topic

[CPA]
Players
25 posts
3,824 battles

I have now played 3 times in a row when BB players on my side. 
complain, report me  and shoot at me because i as a DD dont "scout" into the range of enemy radarships.

This is BB's that drive around close to the absolute back end of the map.    way to far back to do anything usefull.

This has got to stop. Face facts a DD cannot today go anywhere near good scouting in the face of CV's and mulltiple radarcruisers.

The game is broken for DD's  above tier 5-6

• Cool 12
  • Funny 8
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 4
  • Angry 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,746 posts
5,290 battles

I'd report you myself to be honest. Do. your. *EDITED*. JOB.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 7
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 15
  • Angry 1

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
933 posts
3 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Highly unlikely you two will ever meet since u don't play randoms.

Throwing lip at a person while yourself only plays against bots. Gratz.

A well constructed post from you to something that is a problem in randoms.

• Cool 16

Players
866 posts
8,891 battles
5 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Yeah because sailing straight into radar range getting lit up and dying is so much better for the team lmao.

89 battles in randoms 4919 in CO OP.........:Smile_facepalm: Maybe if you played randoms more than you played against bots you would have an actual idea of what the OP is talking about.
  • Cool 10
  • Funny 1

[LUZ1]
Players
573 posts
11,241 battles
8 minutes ago, lafeel said:

I do my edited job as DD. Far too many BaBBies do not and just shout from the back while they farm damage from safety. Take a look at the man in the mirror.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[LEAKS]
Players
206 posts
9,141 battles

And if consequently DDs don't scout, it's broken for everyone else who is depending on them to carry out one of their vital roles.

[CATS]
Players
26,203 posts
14,119 battles
13 minutes ago, Caridon said:

Not really...

• Boring 2
  • Bad 2

[NWP]
Players
1,337 posts
9,904 battles

I will not say OP is way off here, but I ll give him a tip from another DD player.

Go spot the radar ship. There is very little stealth radaring going on. You can spot from safety. Use F3 and get that radar killed, or, dislodge it with your torps, force it to move in the open so it gets killed.

I do agree that "DD go do that or this or the other" is irritating, especially coming from island huggers and border humping boats but...

Cheers, hope I helped you

@Caridon

• Cool 23
  • Funny 1

Players
866 posts
8,891 battles
1 minute ago, Saltface said:

I will not say OP is way off here, but I ll give him a tip from another DD player.

Go spot the radar ship. There is very little stealth radaring going on. You can spot from safety. Use F3 and get that radar killed, or, dislodge it with your torps, force it to move in the open so it gets killed.

I do agree that "DD go do that or this or the other" is irritating, especially coming from island huggers and border humping boats but...

@Caridon

Well said +1

Players
470 posts
8,455 battles

for heaven's sake how does something stop when  it doesn't move in the first place

• Funny 7

[-LA-]
Players
663 posts
4,795 battles
14 minutes ago, SirAmra said:

Highly unlikely you two will ever meet since u don't play randoms.

Throwing lip at a person while yourself only plays against bots. Gratz.

A well constructed post from you to something that is a problem in randoms.

i think he was joking 

• Funny 1

Players
8,114 posts
8,919 battles
3 minutes ago, Saltface said:

@Caridon

In face of the actual increase in stealth radars, I'll add to that advice, when up against stealth radar ships, just be careful at the start till you know where they are. Most will reveal their position soon enough, given their main contribution is doing damage, not just being a stealth radar bot. And something like Petro will not play highly around that radar anyway. Playing around such radars thus comes from stuff like not giving away position, not staying around when they have nothing to shoot at and will notice you being around or baiting radar to then make them miserable when they waste it.

• Cool 3

Players
567 posts

I've started playing DD's more just lately and find I'm enjoying them again, admittedly I'm picky about which one's I take out, and I do manage to scout but one slip can leave you wrecked pretty early, I can't say I've had any abuse and I don't profess to be a good   player at all

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
1,337 posts
9,904 battles

@Bunny_Lover_Kallen

Baiting radar (and dodging the hell out of there) is an art. LOL 

I do it (lol) but I wouldn't suggest it as a first step.

but I agree, radar takes a bit of extra care to deal with and you can still do your job.

• Cool 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,429 posts
42 minutes ago, Caridon said:

I have now played 3 times in a row when BB players on my side. 
complain, report me  and shoot at me because i as a DD dont "scout" into the range of enemy radarships.

This is BB's that drive around close to the absolute back end of the map.    way to far back to do anything usefull.

This has got to stop. Face facts a DD cannot today go anywhere near good scouting in the face of CV's and mulltiple radarcruisers.

-Try keeping ~ 12 km distance to where foreward cruisers usually are. Cruisers you can detect will come under allied fire and likely be driven off.

-If you go nearer don't go too far from 12 km and move with such a course you dont have to perform a whole turn to escape with only stern facing incoming fire, waving your butt to evade it while speeding away

-Use islands to block incoming fire on you ( being radared is not bad if no one can fire on you )

-When there are no options face the incoming fire with your bow or stern....you wont bounce HE but the salvo('s) may miss your small surface.

And above all : dont rush to caps ! ( there are radar/long range hydro carrying DD too.....) If you contest caps you must have made sure you will not be instantly destroyed.

I begin to see whay so many DD rush caps : it is learned in <T7 without most anti-DD mechanics  and from then on players think there is no other way whithout having learend how to deal with anti-DD mechanics that are suddenly there.

Weekend Tester
1,062 posts
7,648 battles

It is an instinctual course of action for a BB player to complain/insult/report/shoot Friendly DD players if there are no: Big damage Numbers on the screen, targets present in his shooting range, possible ways to win the game.

The only course of action remaining from the DD players at that moment is to place in the Top 3 (preferably 1st) on the team scores, at least 8 positions higher then the complaining BB player. 

If executed correctly the salty BB players ego will be so devastated and shattered that he will not even find the courage to message you after the game.

Bonus points for having 10% better win rate then the BB player.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 8

[NWP]
Players
1,337 posts
9,904 battles
6 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Try keeping ~ 12 km distance to where foreward cruisers usually are.

Why should he stay 12 Km away from a Salem or a DM (among many others)?

7 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

If you go nearer don't go too far from 12 km and move with such a course you dont have to perform a whole turn to escape with only stern facing incoming fire, waving your butt to evade it while speeding away

This is an oversimplified guide to sink your DD. You have to plan your escape taking consideration of ALL the ships that can shoot you, not only the radar ship that will spot you. Actually that ship might be behind a rock and wont be shooting at you. Radar Baiting is far more complicated than just popping in radar range and leaving.

• Cool 3

[BHSFL]
Players
3,429 posts
5 minutes ago, Saltface said:

Why should he stay 12 Km away from a Salem or a DM (among many others)?

Because at that level you don't know the difference yet.

This is an oversimplified guide to sink your DD.

Can't turn a painters apprentice into a Michelangelo with just a guide. It needs to be simple, once basic things are understood you can expand like you do.

A lot of professors cant teach because they are unable to "lower" themselves to what a student can understand....

• Boring 1

[NWP]
Players
1,337 posts
9,904 battles
1 minute ago, Beastofwar said:

Because at that level you don't know the difference yet.

How do you judge the OP's level? Are you assuming something I don't know?

How would you characterize someone that does not play the class often, when he plays the class he performs under par, and, that someone has the audacity to say to a far better player that ......"at that level that you are ....." and give bad advise.  LOL Please get real. 

And why give bad advice to a DD player? Because to stay far away from a Salem or any other short range radar ship is bad play. You should be closer and keeping the damn Salem spotted. You are so ignorant about DD play that you cant understand that the Salem has less concealment than 12 Km. 

So, in all fairness, you demonstrably don't know how to play the class but you think you have the right to judge the level of better players than you and give bad advise because "at that level" they have to be stupid and follow wrong advise?

@Caridon mate please check the source of any advise you get on the forum. You might get some crap like this one here.

Facts are the following (in contrast to brain farts)

Salem, DM and a few more radar ships (usually US) have short range long duration radar.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Surveillance_Radar_Data

lets talk about Salem but you will get the drift.

about 10.5 concealment 8.5 radar. Stay at 9 - 9+ You are faster so you can follow or kite. Watch where you are going so you don't get between two and you cant escape. 

keep it spotted and marked till it sinks. It has an amazing heal so don't let go until its sunk.

watch out because the duration can be nasty. You don't want to stay under fire long if you get in range.

Hope this was helpful to you

• Cool 4

[RO-RN]
Players
863 posts
10,591 battles

Of course it is when T8 is full of stealth radar ships:tallin,chapayev,baltimore, edinburgh. All of them should receive theyre radar range nerfed, right below theyre minimum concealment. 

[BHSFL]
Players
3,429 posts
11 minutes ago, Saltface said:

How do you judge the OP's level? Are you assuming something I don't know?

How would you characterize someone that does not play the class often, when he plays the class he performs under par, and, that someone has the audacity to say to a far better player that ......"at that level that you are ....." and give bad advise.  LOL Please get real. 

And why give bad advice to a DD player? Because to stay far away from a Salem or any other short range radar ship is bad play. You should be closer and keeping the damn Salem spotted. You are so ignorant about DD play that you cant understand that the Salem has less concealment than 12 Km. 

So, in all fairness, you demonstrably don't know how to play the class but you think you have the right to judge the level of better players than you and give bad advise because "at that level" they have to be stupid and follow wrong advise?

@Caridon mate please check the source of any advise you get on the forum. You might get some crap like this one here.

Facts are the following (in contrast to brain farts)

Salem, DM and a few more radar ships (usually US) have short range long duration radar.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Surveillance_Radar_Data

lets talk about Salem but you will get the drift.

about 10.5 concealment 8.5 radar. Stay at 9 - 9+ You are faster so you can follow or kite. Watch where you are going so you don't get between two and you cant escape. 

keep it spotted and marked till it sinks. It has an amazing heal so don't let go until its sunk.

watch out because the duration can be nasty. You don't want to stay under fire long if you get in range.

Hope this was helpful to you

Have new players run into radar and long range Hydro carrying DD in and around caps then. It will surely add to their survival. :Smile_smile:

[CPA]
Players
25 posts
3,824 battles
2 minutes ago, Saltface said:

@Caridon

unfortunately it does not help normaly because the radarships spend the first 10+ minutes hiding behond islands near caps.
(and yes i know that.  look at my stats https://wows-numbers.com/player/504472502,Caridon/ i am not a noob :) )

My point is that the game is broken for a whole section of ships.  they cannot do their stated purpose in these tiers.