You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Squarebasher54

Thankyou WG once again.

23 comments in this topic

Players
214 posts
13,707 battles

Don’t blame WG if you are unable to keep up with new releases. By now it should be well known that newly released ships tend to get nerfed rather than buffed.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles

Stuff gets nerfed and buffed all the time in games of this genre, be it ships, planes, robots, tanks, whatever. New ships tend to overperform on release so people would bother grinding for them. Honestly if you're grinding something because it's overperforming, you're doing it wrong, by the time you get it, it will probably be balanced out. Just grind whatever you enjoy. I'm sure WG collects tons of data and they use said data to balance/tune ships all the time, they shouldn't care about what players think/feel is strong/weak, I hope they don't.

• Cool 2

[CHEFT]
Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
54 minutes ago, Squarebasher54 said:

And from what I understand it is getting nerfed because WG allowed CVs in clan battles WTF has that to do with random battles, where I play most of my games.

Venezia is/was overperforming in random battles - thats why it gets nerfed. People think, it gets nerfed because of CBs. Venezia basicly outdamaged sametier BBs, while having the best survivability ontop of it. And it doesnt even have HE, which makes the damage more useful than from other Cruisers. I think it had like 35-40% more damage than Mino - a ship which also has no HE. The avg damage already dropped now after the first nerfs.

Also this:

50 minutes ago, ObiWankov said:

Don’t blame WG if you are unable to keep up with new releases. By now it should be well known that newly released ships tend to get nerfed rather than buffed.

Maybe you can go for Goliath? Certainly a ship/line which might get buffed so people will grind it. Id definetely argue, that French CAs got buffed because noone played them. Then they overbuffed them because WG is speshuul. Could aswell happen to RN CAs...

Players
8,021 posts
1 hour ago, ObiWankov said:

Indeed. For this very reason WeeGee provides us with the opportunity to buy :cap_money:many many doubloons to convert your Free XP you can then use to unlock all new lines up to tier 10 instantly. :cap_cool:

Doubloons buy privilege! :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[JRM]
Players
8,614 posts

Some ships (T10) are released OP so people pay their way to them, then when sufficient time has passed and "data collecting" is "over" to deem them OP they get put into line and another thing takes their place...

• Cool 6

[STEEL]
Players
786 posts

I see no reason why fantasy ships with fantasy stats should not be changed with the same arbitrariness by which they were created in the first place.

• Cool 1

Players
279 posts
3,165 battles
Il y a 1 heure, Squarebasher54 a dit :

So I get the to the Henri 2 weeks before it got hit by one of the biggest nerfs bats ever, very annoying

And now it is happening again with the Venezia, I have just unlocked the Venezia and it is getting nerfed, not as badly as the Henri maybe from what I have heard but still a nerf. And from what I understand it is getting nerfed because WG allowed CVs in clan battles WTF has that to do with random battles, where I play most of my games.

I am not a player who rushes up a line to get the next best thing, I take my own time and I am more than a little fed  up with this BS.

How do the rest of you feel?

Yeap it's boring see all the ships you play or wanna play getting nerferd sadly (like my CVs). You have the dev blog for the incoming patchs, it's very importante to saw what will happen in the game for not been suprised. 

https://blog.worldofwarships.com

[CHEFT]
Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
7 minutes ago, Az_Akagi said:

Yeap it's boring see all the ships you play or wanna play getting nerferd sadly

Only for people who dont care about balance...

One of the nerfs which was totaly uncalled for tho, was Hindenburg nerf... And the result was, a better Hindenburg than before after they realized what they did :cap_fainting:

Henri IV and Venezia nerfs were totaly acceptable, and necessary for game balance.

• Bad 1

[K_R_T]
Alpha Tester
1,054 posts

Well, WG has over 10 years experience in not bein able to balance stuff and then sledgehammer them.....and then overbuff them......and then nerf them again.

In this game they are still struggling with CVs since alpha days.....and soon u will have another class they can't balance.

So enjoy, and play them while they are fresh. It won't get any better.

• Cool 2

[TES6L]
Players
263 posts
12,770 battles
5 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Only for people who dont care about balance...

One of the nerfs which was totaly uncalled for tho, was Hindenburg nerf... And the result was, a better Hindenburg than before after they realized what they did :cap_fainting:

Henri IV and Venezia nerfs were totaly acceptable, and necessary for game balance.

Yep,Hindi is now best T10 cruiser.

Players
214 posts
13,707 battles
50 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Indeed. For this very reason WeeGee provides us with the opportunity to buy :cap_money:many many doubloons to convert your Free XP you can then use to unlock all new lines up to tier 10 instantly. :cap_cool:

Doubloons buy privilege! :Smile_trollface:

That is going to get expensive real quick no? May I suggest Clan Battles with flags and camouflage as an alternative?

Made 500k FXP in the 2 days of CB we played :cap_rambo:

unknown.png?width=1463&height=811

• Cool 1

Players
10,760 posts
12,275 battles
1 minute ago, ObiWankov said:

That is going to get expensive real quick no? May I suggest Clan Battles with flags and camouflage as an alternative?

inb4 WG castrates CB rewards for "excessive efficiency":cap_cool:

• Cool 1

Players
214 posts
13,707 battles
5 minutes ago, Panocek said:

inb4 WG castrates CB rewards for "excessive efficiency":cap_cool:

It's not a secret by any means and has been done for a very long time. However only recently you are able to mount almost unlimited amount of flags, so it's even more extreme.

Won't take long till it gets nerfed, but then the last incentive to play CB has left the building.

Players
279 posts
3,165 battles
Il y a 1 heure, Squarebasher54 a dit :

So I get the to the Henri 2 weeks before it got hit by one of the biggest nerfs bats ever, very annoying

And now it is happening again with the Venezia, I have just unlocked the Venezia and it is getting nerfed, not as badly as the Henri maybe from what I have heard but still a nerf. And from what I understand it is getting nerfed because WG allowed CVs in clan battles WTF has that to do with random battles, where I play most of my games.

I am not a player who rushes up a line to get the next best thing, I take my own time and I am more than a little fed  up with this BS.

How do the rest of you feel?

Yeap it's boring see all the ships you play or wanna play getting nerferd sadly (like my CVs). You have the dev blog for the incoming patchs, it's very importante to saw what will happen in the game for not been suprised. 

https://blog.worldofwarships.com

Players
2,948 posts
34,758 battles
2 hours ago, ObiWankov said:

Sure but without special flags that fxp  wouldn’t be more than 10k or much less than the amount shown in ss. Hence, what is important is to have Asian lantern was it? that camo plus the special flags and if one doesn’t, well too bad for him. Do you recall how many of those special flags can be obtained thru cbs?

• Cool 1

[LEAKS]
[LEAKS]
Players
237 posts
12,925 battles

All this worry about buffing and nerfing is to do with a fixation about winning.  Sometimes there's pleasure to be taken in playing an inferior ship, fighting well and struggling to survive, and taking satisfaction if you do.  I know this is an arcade game but what simulation in it that mimics real battle is the knowledge that you don't always have the best hand but still have to play your cards and see out the game.  Expecting the most powerful ship and winning with it is a somewhat immature approach to life and it sadly underscores much that is wrong with the way that this game is played by a high proportion of its players.  I would prefer it if there was no balancing whatsoever and the battles were always fought with randomly matched fleets so that one side or the other might well have an advantage and this advantage would randomly change from battle to battle for everyone.  We would no longer have to have sad posts about how bad the matchmaking was as it would nearly always be bad some ships would always be more powerful than others but that would be because that was the way they actually were and not because their performance was massaged to keep everyone happy.  FXP could be awarded for survival and these would be adjusted to benefit lesser ships at the expense of greater ones. Radical view and not likely to receive much support I guess.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles
4 hours ago, Vardog said:

I think it's silly to expect ships never to be balanced around just because YOU decided to play them. Get over yourself this isn't about you.

Know you spoke like a true cv player

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,975 posts
13,870 battles
4 hours ago, ObiWankov said:

Goliath sitting in the dark alone

• Funny 1

[OHRIP]
Players
1,198 posts
9,930 battles
1 hour ago, Tatsfield said:

All this worry about buffing and nerfing is to do with a fixation about winning.  Sometimes there's pleasure to be taken in playing an inferior ship, fighting well and struggling to survive, and taking satisfaction if you do.  I know this is an arcade game but what simulation in it that mimics real battle is the knowledge that you don't always have the best hand but still have to play your cards and see out the game.  Expecting the most powerful ship and winning with it is a somewhat immature approach to life and it sadly underscores much that is wrong with the way that this game is played by a high proportion of its players.  I would prefer it if there was no balancing whatsoever and the battles were always fought with randomly matched fleets so that one side or the other might well have an advantage and this advantage would randomly change from battle to battle for everyone.  We would no longer have to have sad posts about how bad the matchmaking was as it would nearly always be bad some ships would always be more powerful than others but that would be because that was the way they actually were and not because their performance was massaged to keep everyone happy.  FXP could be awarded for survival and these would be adjusted to benefit lesser ships at the expense of greater ones. Radical view and not likely to receive much support I guess.

Unfortunately most quests, directives and campaigns require you to win: collect Free XP, BaseXP, flooding damage ... etc. in victorious battles.

• Bad 1