You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
Quexcy_de_Eerste

CV Nederland / Pan-Europa (page 1), extra DD techtree (page 1) european submarine tree (page 2)

48 comments in this topic

Players
52 posts
758 battles

Hello World of Warships, players and makers,

In WW2, the time before and after there was only one little nation with CV's, the Netherlands. They got two ships,which maybe can be fitted to tier 4, but they got in 1943/1944 two CV's, Karel Doorman and Karel Doorman (gift from England) :cap_hmm:. Maybe you can add it in WoWS as premium Pan-Europese ship.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[R3B3L]
Players
1,505 posts
2 hours ago, Quexcy_de_Eerste said:

one little nation with CV's, the Netherlands

I had no idea about that :cap_wander: thanks for this info

What planes did it carry?

Players
52 posts
758 battles
54 minutes ago, VIadoCro said:

Ik had daar geen idee van  : cap_wander: bedankt voor deze info

Welke vliegtuigen droeg het?

Fiairy Swordfish, and some other planes from England. But the Netherlands had good planes (Fokker and Koolhoven). 

Players
52 posts
758 battles

In the game you can use this planes:

Bombers: Fokker C.X ~https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fokker_C.X~

Fighters: Fokker D.XXI ~https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fokker_D.XXI~

Torpedoes: Fokker T.VIII (without water landing gear) ~https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fokker_T.VIII~

Attack aircraft: you can put some English rockets underneath a D XXI (I think)

Players
52 posts
758 battles

Here is the detailed information Karel Doorman (R81): ~https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HNLMS_Karel_Doorman_(R81)~

Length × width: 192 × 24 meter
Max. speed: 25 kts
Armament:

6 × 40mm AA "Pompon"

21 × 40mm AA Bofors

You can also use the other Karel Doorman: ~https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Nairana_(D05)~

Length × width: 160 × 21 meter
Max. speed: 16 kts
Armament:

2 × 100mm guns

16 × 40mm AA

16 × 20mm AA

The best one in armament is the last one, but the best one with the other things is the first one (In order of the schedules). So I don't know wich one the best is for WoWS.

[JF-BB]
Players
2,543 posts
27,489 battles

European tree could have whole CV tree with Spanish Dedalo ex USS Cabot from Independence class. This could be interesting because Spanish Navy had also seaplane tender named Dedalo ( early XX-th century ) which I think could not fit for TIV. What about European CV tree? At least 3 real ships ( problem with name as Karel Doorman was patron of two of them ) 

TIV. Karel Doorman (I)

TVI. Dedalo ex Cabot / Spanish variant of rebuilding of wreck of cruiser Trieste as CVL as premium

TVIII. Karel Doorman (II)

TX.

I doubt that Sweden considered possesing a aircraft carrier due to their localization so it leaves place for projects from Netherlands, Spain and Greece. Spanish Navy during 40-50's have some very crazy plans about building new ships ( accuiring plans of Littorio class battleship, conversion of Canarias into light aircraft carrier ect. ) so I bet here could be found some interesting designs. If the DKM CV TX is CV on hull of Friedrich der Grosse so it opens possibility for in example aircraft carrier on hull of Spanish Littorio or something like that.

• Cool 1

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,472 posts
21,256 battles

They were hand-me-downs from the RN so they wouldn't bring anything new to the game.

Players
52 posts
758 battles
17 minutes ago, Marblehead_1 said:

European tree could have whole CV tree with Spanish Dedalo ex USS Cabot from Independence class. This could be interesting because Spanish Navy had also seaplane tender named Dedalo ( early XX-th century ) which I think could not fit for TIV. What about European CV tree? At least 3 real ships ( problem with name as Karel Doorman was patron of two of them ) 

TIV. Karel Doorman (I)

TVI. Dedalo ex Cabot / Spanish variant of rebuilding of wreck of cruiser Trieste as CVL as premium

TVIII. Karel Doorman (II)

TX.

I doubt that Sweden considered possesing a aircraft carrier due to their localization so it leaves place for projects from Netherlands, Spain and Greece. Spanish Navy during 40-50's have some very crazy plans about building new ships ( accuiring plans of Littorio class battleship, conversion of Canarias into light aircraft carrier ect. ) so I bet here could be found some interesting designs. If the DKM CV TX is CV on hull of Friedrich der Grosse so it opens possibility for in example aircraft carrier on hull of Spanish Littorio or something like that.

I really like this idea, the only problem is that the Netherlands only had one torpedo plane in the time before, in and short after.

But I still have a idea for Karel doorman (II) (most two motors)

Torpedoes: Koolhoven FK.59 project

Bombers: Fokker T.V.

Rockets: Fokker V.FII

Fighters: Fokker D.XXI

new idea for Karel Doorman (I) (not all two-wing aircraft because of the Torpedobombers)

Torpedoes: Fokker T.VIII

Bombers: Fokker C.V

Rockets: Fokker D.IX

Fighters: Fokker D.IX

I will place some Spanish planes (for T6) erelong!

[JF-BB]
Players
2,543 posts
27,489 battles
7 minutes ago, Quexcy_de_Eerste said:

I really like this idea, the only problem is that the Netherlands only had one torpedo plane in the time before, in and short after.

All is case of balancing. Air groups could be created by placing lower number of more modern or even jet planes ( something like Saipan or Erich Loewenhardt ) Also remember that almost no CV has their historical air groups planes ( like Suiseis on Kaga, projects of DKM carrier planes ect. ) so using different planes is not a problem. Line could have own gimmick like no rocket planes but strong torpedo bombers and ASW capable dive bombers ( as they are ships from Cold War era )

Players
52 posts
758 battles
1 minute ago, Marblehead_1 said:

All is case of balancing. Air groups could be created by placing lower number of more modern or even jet planes ( something like Saipan or Erich Loewenhardt ) Also remember that almost no CV has their historical air groups planes ( like Suiseis on Kaga, projects of DKM carrier planes ect. ) so using different planes is not a problem. Line could have own gimmick like no rocket planes but strong torpedo bombers and ASW capable dive bombers ( as they are ships from Cold War era )

With the project of Koolhoven you can end with all problems about missing planes in the Netherlands, I think that is the best idea.

Players
52 posts
758 battles

Spanish planes (T6 Dédalo):

Torpedoes (A): Blackburn Shark ~there where no Spanish torpedobombers so I placed planes used by bordering countries (now Portugal)~

Torpedoes (B): HP 47 ~same (now UK, it borders Spain...)~

Bombers (A): Hawker Spanish Osprey

Bombers (B): González Gil-Pazó GP-1

Rockets (A): Hispano-Suiza E-30

Rockets (B): INTA HM.1

Fighters: Hispano-Nieuport Ni-52

Players
52 posts
758 battles

other torpedobomber for Karel Doorman (I) (English):

Blackburn Blackburd

Because we need (B) and new (A) planes for Karel Doorman (II), here they come:

(Sorry, no little torpedobombers for (B) so I used a German plane)

Torpedoes (A, new): Fokker T.II

Torpedoes (B): Focke-Wulf Fw 190 

Rockets (A): Fokker D.XXIII

Rockets (B): Koolhoven F.K.58

(bombers should be done with bombers from other countries)

Bombers (A): ??

Bombers (B): ??

Beta Tester, Players
1,082 posts
14,719 battles

The Pan European tree could have everything. From DDs, cruisers, BBs and CVs. Everything!

But WG is creating a russian fleet that never existed and was never used.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
52 posts
758 battles
9 hours ago, Tropenwolf said:

The Pan European tree could have everything. From DDs, cruisers, BBs and CVs. Everything!

But WG is creating a russian fleet that never existed and was never used.

Buy they even will create ships with a project for it.

Players
52 posts
758 battles

I cannot find enough ships for BB, CV and Cruiser techtree, so maybe the best Idea is still premium Karel Doorman (better T4 then the one of T8)

[JF-BB]
Players
2,543 posts
27,489 battles
8 hours ago, Quexcy_de_Eerste said:

I cannot find enough ships for BB, CV and Cruiser techtree, so maybe the best Idea is still premium Karel Doorman (better T4 then the one of T8)

I made my proposition of Euro Cruisers, Destroyers and Battleships although its in my native language as I write this in October of last year for my country forum. I hope core of my idea is still understandable. If not I can translate this.

Cruisers and Carriers: 

Battleships: 

Destroyers: 

Cruisers are really not a problem, battleships with more or less imagination also are no problem with sci-fi on TVIII-TX. Some of propositions are not longer needed due to implementation in game.

Players
52 posts
758 battles
1 minute ago, Marblehead_1 said:

I made my proposition of Euro Cruisers, Destroyers and Battleships although its in my native language. I hope core of my idea is still understandable.

Cruisers and Carriers: 

Battleships: 

Destroyers: 

Cruisers are really not a problem, battleships with more or less imagination also are no problem.

Ok, I found bb until T9, cruiser until T7 + T10 we already have dd s and i found still no T10 CV. I can always make a double dd tree (like Japan)

[JF-BB]
Players
2,543 posts
27,489 battles
12 minutes ago, Quexcy_de_Eerste said:

Ok, I found bb until T9, cruiser until T7 + T10 we already have dd s and i found still no T10 CV. I can always make a double dd tree (like Japan)

About destroyers I see one or two another DD trees build from ships of Poland, Netherlands, Mediterrean countries ( Spain, Jugoslavia, Greece and Turkey ) and few Premium ships - problems could be only at higher tiers with copy-paste ships. Their split could be in example from Visby. I see Polish destroyers split starting from Tatra ( as K.u.K. Marine officers also participated in building of Polish Navy )

If WG didn't screw Euro ships then it could be one of most real in game nations.

Players
52 posts
758 battles
51 minuten geleden zei Marblehead_1:

Over torpedobootjagers Ik zie een of twee andere DD-bomen worden gebouwd van schepen uit Polen, Nederland, Middellandse Zee-landen (Spanje, Joegoslavië, Griekenland en Turkije) en enkele Premium-schepen - problemen kunnen alleen op hogere niveaus zijn met copy-paste-schepen. Hun splitsing zou bijvoorbeeld Visby kunnen zijn. Ik zie Poolse torpedobootjagers splitsen vanaf Tatra (aangezien KuK Marine-officieren ook deelnamen aan de bouw van de Poolse marine)

Als WG Euro-schepen niet verpestte, zou het een van de meest echte in game-landen kunnen zijn.

Dont forgot Bulgaria, they also had (good) dd s, I Will start tomorrow with searching.

Players
52 posts
758 battles

Hello, it doesn't even cost an hour to found them: [1]

T2: Miaoulis (Greece)

T3: Georgi Dmitrov (Bulgaria)

T4: Hydra (Greece)

T5: Wambola (Estonia/Eesti)

T6: Split (Yugoslavia)

T7: Thyella (Greece)

T8: Zjeleznyakov (Bulgaria)

T9:  Utrecht {after modernizing 1961} (Netherlands) [2]

T10: Svarog (Yugoslavia)

Notes:

[1] I found them on Navypedia, I have compared everything like a ship with bad torps but good guns.

[2] Utrecht has after modernizing anti-submarine torps...

This is the second destroyer techtree, I will also post my idea at the topic of the Yugoslavian Marine.

Players
52 posts
758 battles
On 10-8-2020 at 10:32, Quexcy_de_Eerste said:

Hallo, het kost niet eens een uur om ze te vinden: [1]

T2: Miaoulis (Griekenland)

T3: Georgi Dmitrov (Bulgarije)

T4: Hydra (Griekenland)

T5: Wambola (Estland / Eesti)

T6: Split (Joegoslavië)

T7: Thyella (Griekenland)

T8: Zjeleznyakov (Bulgarije)

T9:  Utrecht {na modernisering 1961} (Nederland) [2]

T10: Svarog (Joegoslavië)

Opmerkingen:

[1] Ik vond ze op Navypedia, ik heb alles vergeleken als een schip met slechte fakkels maar met goede wapens.

[2] Utrecht heeft na modernisering van duikbootbestrijding fakkels ...

Dit is de tweede destroyer techtree, ik zal mijn idee ook posten bij het onderwerp van de Joegoslavische Marine.

Does someone agree with me?

[2DQT]
Players
407 posts
3,872 battles
On 7/18/2020 at 1:33 PM, Hanse77SWE said:

They were hand-me-downs from the RN so they wouldn't bring anything new to the game.

Thats quite negative and untrue. If Dutch players want more Dutch ships in game, just let WG take their money. And are there no other ships in game that are copies, like the pan-asian dd's ?

• Cool 1