Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Axl06

What T8 premium BB to buy

34 comments in this topic

[NAPOL]
Players
29 posts
578 battles

I was thinking of buying a premium brawling BB, I am currently grinding the American BB line and have come to the North Carolina. I’ve only played 2 games in her and got 26k damage (I feel like I’m excused because it was my first game) in the first game and 96k damage in the second (T10 game). I like the ship but would like something for brawling and a bit different (in essence not the Massachusetts since it has the same 9 x 3 gun placement). Does anyone have any suggestions?

[JRM]
Players
6,741 posts

Tirpitz is your only real option here...

• Funny 1

Players
527 posts
25,475 battles

For Brawling you have Massachusetts, Tirpits and the new Odin. Techtree Ships like Bismarck and Richeleu are good too.

You can also take a Premium Ship from a Lower Tier. Prinz Eitel Friedrich, Warspite, Dunkerque, Scharnhorst.

West Virginia and California could be good too.

Take a look at These Ships, (Armor, Speed, Guns,) and Maybe watch some Videos About them.

Then Decide if you want to buy one of them.

You could also just Play Techtree Brawlers.

German and French Battleships are very good at this. Germans in Particular.

[AAO]
Players
1,570 posts
21,008 battles

Correct me If i'm wrong, but didn't you agree it was too early to go for a T8 premium in another thread a few days earlier ?

• Cool 3

[NAPOL]
Players
29 posts
578 battles
8 minutes ago, rnat said:

Correct me If i'm wrong, but didn't you agree it was too early to go for a T8 premium in another thread a few days earlier ?

Yes! You are quite right I did agree to not buy anything in another thread, but since then I’ve been doing really well in the North Carolina (I did only play 2 battles but I consistently did good damage). And after that I started thinking about what I said in the last thread and changed my mind about T8 premiums (I’ve been doing very well these last few days and my stats are improving). 

Players
527 posts
25,475 battles
Vor 15 Minuten, Axl06 sagte:

(I did only play 2 battles

2 Battles is not much.

I Play far more than 2 Battle before I kow if i like a Ship or not.

Maybe you should grind the German Battleship line.

That will give you Expierince with Brawlers and you can set up a Captain for them.

Players
90 posts
Vor 1 Stunde, Axl06 sagte:

...have come to the North Carolina.
I’ve only played 2 games in her
'and got 26k damage i... and 96k damage

Vor 39 Minuten, Axl06 sagte:

I did only play 2 battles but I consistently did good damage.

Err - what ????

You're speaking of consistency after playing 2 (in words two, in numbers 2) games? One with very constitent and good (NOT) 26k damage and the other one with unimpressive 96k (even it's T10 game)?

Believe me - high tier gameplay is not easier than mid tier cause youre enemys grow bigger too. Tiers 7/8 seems a not recomandable tier to me too as you see a good amount of low tier games with them theses days.

Players
10,094 posts
11,861 battles

Define "brawler". Good secondaries? Then Tirpitz, because Massachusetts falls flat against anything bigger than DD due to low HE pen on her secondaries. Torps? Tirpitz or Kii. Good armor? No BB can withstand up close BB grade guns to the broadside, while all BBs can ricochet BB grade guns as long it doesn't come from Yamato class. For citadel protection, Tirpitz turtleback makes extraordinarily difficult to blap her at shorter distances, Massa underwater citadel is also not easy to reach. Tirpitz suffers greatly from AP bombs, Massa slightly less so.

Players
90 posts

The problem with brawler BBs is that they are also extremly difficult to play because they do need a lot of experience and situational awareness. If you want to brawl you need to get close. 11.3km for Tirpitz secondarys and even closer to 6km for the german torps. Trying to get close is difficult theses days cause noone will follow you (or only in save distance). You need to learn when its save to rush in, when to hold back and when to retreat.
Just pressing W at the beginning of the game and hoping you ROFLSTOMP them all will not work in any ship even when you are toptier. All brawlers will not withstand enemy fire from multiple enemys (3+) for longer than a minute or two. And in addition (at least if it's secondary guns you are looking for) you have to give up a lot of survivability and accuracy skills and modules.

I like my Bismarck. But there are lots of easier to play BBs around.

[AAO]
Players
1,570 posts
21,008 battles
1 hour ago, Axl06 said:

Yes! You are quite right I did agree to not buy anything in another thread, but since then I’ve been doing really well in the North Carolina (I did only play 2 battles but I consistently did good damage). And after that I started thinking about what I said in the last thread and changed my mind about T8 premiums (I’ve been doing very well these last few days and my stats are improving). 

As others wrote 2 games isn't enough to speak of consistency because it's way to little to have any meaningful statistic for basically anything.

Also it's hard to speak of consistency if the standard deviation is more than half your average dmg-wise (i.e. both of your results differed by more than half your average from the average 61k, which is an okay average)

Play 20 or so games in the NC and then look at your results if you want to claim consistency. (It's also a not too shabby way to see if the Mass would be okay for you despite them differing quite a bit, same goes for the Bismarck and Tirpitz)

And please don't make a habit of hiding stuff that's not flattering for you or might hurt your argument.

Not only does it means we lack the data to give you proper advice on ships or improvements on your gameplay, it also plainly makes you look bad for several reasons.

26k is rather bad but it's understandable if it's your first battle and you have no idea how her 406/45 behave and the battle isn't full length. 96k is very decent indeed.

And the 61k isn't a bad average, not stellar but better than most and as established above for now absolutely meaningless.

[NAPOL]
Players
29 posts
578 battles
24 minutes ago, rnat said:

As others wrote 2 games isn't enough to speak of consistency because it's way to little to have any meaningful statistic for basically anything.

Also it's hard to speak of consistency if the standard deviation is more than half your average dmg-wise (i.e. both of your results differed by more than half your average from the average 61k, which is an okay average)

Play 20 or so games in the NC and then look at your results if you want to claim consistency. (It's also a not too shabby way to see if the Mass would be okay for you despite them differing quite a bit, same goes for the Bismarck and Tirpitz)

And please don't make a habit of hiding stuff that's not flattering for you or might hurt your argument.

Not only does it means we lack the data to give you proper advice on ships or improvements on your gameplay, it also plainly makes you look bad for several reasons.

26k is rather bad but it's understandable if it's your first battle and you have no idea how her 406/45 behave and the battle isn't full length. 96k is very decent indeed.

And the 61k isn't a bad average, not stellar but better than most and as established above for now absolutely meaningless.

The way I see it one can just click my profile to see my stats, right? (Also if my edits were saved you should be able to see my battles, sorry if someone felt that I was hiding something😕

[SM0KE]
Players
5,818 posts
14,070 battles
2 hours ago, Axl06 said:

I was thinking of buying a premium brawling BB

Can't see your stats (and can't remember what they were like, if I remember you correctly), so can't provide informed advice.

• First, what everyone else has already said.
  • Second, the textbook answers - assuming you mean monstrous secondaries - are things like MA (and maybe GA), and Tirpitz. Don't have Odin yet, but she might be worth a look if you've completed the current dockyard missions.

Do bear in mind that, in the current meta, trying to brawl in randoms is - at best - sub-optimal, and for most players is simply going to get you killed. It is great fun in Coop though, which is pretty much entirely where my brawlers live.

[SM0KE]
Players
5,818 posts
14,070 battles
3 minutes ago, Axl06 said:

The way I see it one can just click my profile to see my stats, right?

Last time I looked, your stats were hidden; they now appear to be showing again...

• Cool 1

[NAPOL]
Players
29 posts
578 battles
5 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Last time I looked, your stats were hidden; they now appear to be showing again...

I edited the answer to give everyone full clarity! (I thought that hiding your battles ONLY hid your battles, not your stats)

• Cool 1

[L4GG]
Players
3,268 posts
10,872 battles

Alabama?

May not have the Massa's secondaries but it can bow tank or keep it's distance and fire away, it's guns are more reliable than Massa's, stats wise.

Many say if you have NC you don't need Alabama, they are copy/paste, That i don't know, i don't have NC.

The best way i have to describe Alabama .

While it hasn't Turtleback (so, don't show your broadside) 

It's like a Bayern with better armour and with bigger and better guns, for me, it's a T8 Bayern, much more versatile because it can brawl(ish) or stay at distance.

To me it all depends of my mood .

I absolute love that ship

[RODS]
Players
1,337 posts
7,283 battles

Get the Massachusetts

Biggest bang for ur buck

Spec into secondary modules

Dont forget that it only gets really good with a high skilled captain and all the modules 

I too agree that u need at least a couple hundred battles in tier 8 to have any idea of what and how, do and dont, beware of etc. (if u aint some super unicum from birth like Mozart )

Chances are high that you will make a fool of yourself with ur brand new tier 8 BB when u get into a tier 10 battle

North Carolina is a good ship why not just play it for like 50 battles before making any cashdrops

[NAPOL]
Players
29 posts
578 battles
6 minutes ago, Ronchabale said:

Get the Massachusetts

Biggest bang for ur buck

Spec into secondary modules

Dont forget that it only gets really good with a high skilled captain and all the modules 

I too agree that u need at least a couple hundred battles in tier 8 to have any idea of what and how, do and dont, beware of etc. (if u aint some super unicum from birth like Mozart )

Chances are high that you will make a fool of yourself with ur brand new tier 8 BB when u get into a tier 10 battle

North Carolina is a good ship why not just play it for like 50 battles before making any cashdrops

Thanks for the constructive criticism, I think that a couple of battles in NC will make me know if I have the in-game competence to buy a premium. (As many people said 26k and 96k could wither mean that I’m crap at the game or that I have potential to do a lot more than 96k).

[NWP]
Players
2,818 posts
16,939 battles

Don't. You lack high tier experience. 

As clearly demonstrated by your tier VIII cruiser stats.

Play more games first.

[SM0KE]
Players
5,818 posts
14,070 battles
20 minutes ago, Axl06 said:

I think that a couple of battles in NC will make me know if I have the in-game competence to buy a premium.

Sadly, two games won't provide the necessary information; beware tiny data-sets.

For example, at time of writing, my recent stats say I'm a Super Unicum (or Unicum, if looking at the last seven days) - please believe me when I say I am nowhere close to being this good; the only reason my stats are this way at the moment is fluke (the same would be true if I were showing a 25% WR for the same period) - 2 or 27 random battles, respectively.

Realistically, you're going to do whatever you want (and the IS-6 in my WOT garage would make me a hypocrite if I condemned you for it), just be aware of what will likely happen if you take a T8 into randoms now, and don't be disappointed if/when it does. At that point, switch to using whatever T8 premium you buy in Coop, and do all the stuff people have suggested elsewhere to get you to a state where you won't get torn a new one when you later return to randoms.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester, Players
1,082 posts
13,474 battles

Just wait a few weeks more for the german T9 Pommern. There will be also a few more italian BBs soon. 

[JRM]
Players
6,741 posts
2 hours ago, Tropenwolf said:

Just wait a few weeks more for the german T9 Pommern. There will be also a few more italian BBs soon. 

TBH if Pompom ends up better brawler then Tirp remains to be seen...

[STEEL]
Players
660 posts

Cheapest option is Odin for 3.5k dubloons, which are pretty much an adequate price for her capabilities...

• Funny 1

[NAPOL]
Players
29 posts
578 battles
4 hours ago, rnat said:

My intention wasn’t to hide my stats, I thought that pressing hide would only hide your battles for the actual post, not hide ALL your stats. I just didn’t want people to attack me without looking at my stats (which are also terrible). 

[BABBY]
Players
713 posts
10,535 battles

Massachusetts, Tirpitz and theres also the often forgotten Kii. If you feel you struggle in randoms, theres always coop and brawling ships are perfect for it.

Sign in to follow this