You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

[Poll] Success of the "Odin" dockyard event...

Do you like the "Odin" dockyard event?  

337 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the "Odin" dockyard event?

• Yes
    • No
    • No opinion

98 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,483 posts
15,938 battles

Hi all,

Success of the "Odin" dockyard event...

Today is the 1st day that enables players who are doing the "Odin" dockyard event via Directives to finish the remaining 3 directives and finally build the ship with buying the last two stages with 3.500 Doubloons.

So far there are 9848 "Odin" ships already in the game according to ProShips.ru:

https://proships.ru/stat/eu/s/99999-

So... do you like the "Odin" dockyard event?

IMHO it is nice and I liked it personally...  :Smile_medal:

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.

The past "Puerto Rico" dockyard event ended with 14821 units! :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 9

Players
866 posts
8,891 battles

Odin dockyard is a good event with something decent as a free earnable and stuff to spend cash on with no rng containers in sight +1.

• Cool 10

Players
1,001 posts
14,426 battles

Even though I had already purchased Graf Spee a long time ago I'm happy that newer players were able to benefit from this event by getting her for free.

In that respect it reminds me of part 1 of the RN Destroyer event when the tokens could be redeemed for Gallant or Warspite (how I got my Warspite).

• Cool 8

Players
152 posts
21,018 battles

Variety of missions, objective clearly laid out with a nod to existing players who have invested in other German premiums. 

seems fair enough.

• Cool 2

Players
101 posts
5,826 battles

It is a bit too drawn out for me timewise. Like it was 4 weeks for forced playing at the least... with long waits in between.
Now, the latter is a good thing in general, just not for me. Luckily German CV's came along so I actually have other stuff to grind, but all in all, it was pretty ok.
Now lets just hope Odin is not just another port queen...

[SM0KE]
Players
5,791 posts
14,064 battles

I'm another yes - for the most part, there seems to be very little to carp about with the Odin thing (somewhat in contrast to the more recent CV event). +1 for WG for a change.

• Cool 2

[LUZ1]
Players
738 posts
11,955 battles

I think it is about right: decent awards and no excruciating grinds.

• Cool 3

[H_FAN]
Players
2,616 posts
42,622 battles

Well I say yes, but that as a player with some wallet, 8000 doubloons for the starter pack so it was like many events today, decent amount of things if you are prepared to spend some.

And Graf Spee should be attainable for all with decent effort. 

• Cool 1

[SHAD]
Players
2,672 posts
11,935 battles

I liked it. My only issue is the made up 35,000 doubloon value of the Odin.

That is the usual value of a tier ten premium so it made sense with the Puerto Rico but not the Odin.

There were a lot of rewards for effectively 3500 doubloons  but i expect many casual players have had to pay a lot more. 

Odin could also use a small buff.

• Cool 3

[ALONE]
Modder
2,199 posts
13,780 battles

After a while the directives got to grindy for me, so I stopped caring.

Have enough other missions/campaigns going on.

• Cool 1

[LSCA]
Players
1,168 posts
9,421 battles
1 hour ago, DanSilverwing said:

Even though I had already purchased Graf Spee a long time ago I'm happy that newer players were able to benefit from this event by getting her for free.

Graf was free before 2018 aswell

[BBMMX]
Players
1,053 posts
5,362 battles

I'm enjoying the event and will probably complete the directives this week but it's unlikely that I'll spend the 3,500 doubloons to get the ship. The more I see of it in streams and reviews, the more I think there's nothing in the gameplay that I wouldn't get from my Scharnhorst. Given how infrequently I play the latter, there doesn't seem to be any pressing need to have another port queen. 

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,905 posts
12,142 battles

I ignored it completely, might have to check what i can claim before the event end. If i dont forget. 

• Cool 2

Weekend Tester
347 posts
22,805 battles

About right for once - a reward for a medium grind and an optional ship for a sensible price if you want it!

Weekend Tester
347 posts
22,805 battles

A further thought - prob best for future events to give say a T5 for a medium grind and a T7 or T8 Max for some Dubs.

For most people grinds like the PR are just too insane and expecting a big Dub price AFTER a grind-a-thon is a big No-No.

Players
5,025 posts
17 minutes ago, KurtVonSteiger said:

A further thought - prob best for future events to give say a T5 for a medium grind and a T7 or T8 Max for some Dubs.

For most people grinds like the PR are just too insane and expecting a big Dub price AFTER a grind-a-thon is a big No-No.

It may have been more insane, but IMO the PR directives were more easily fit into normal game play. At least that was the case for me. Odin.. would require me to use Excel or something to manage in time. And I don't like even the thought of having to do that....

Players
1,772 posts
18,925 battles

I found it pretty reasonable, the grinds are ok and very clearly laid out. 

I have quite enjoyed this event.

Players
344 posts
5,633 battles

I played as I usually would and got the Spee. Looking at the directives I don't see myself advancing even one stage past, but I don't care. Did I like the event? I ignored it. I still got free stuffy so I can't complain. I'm grateful.

[SPURD]
Players
465 posts
3,912 battles
1 hour ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Can't get the directives done fast enuff. So no Odin for me.

Neither can I. It's a bunch of "play ships you don't want to".

• Cool 2

Players
2,919 posts

No. I don't have time to finish in co op and I will play randoms again in a couple of months.

Players
832 posts
9,600 battles

I don't care about the Odin itself, but is nice to get free stuff and as I already had the Graf Spee I got some needed credits.

Can't complain really.

[GJE]
Players
270 posts
3,769 battles

Although I had Graf Spee before the event it's a yes for me - nice rewards, easy grind, and enjoyed my ship growing in a dock. I liked the idea from PR event and I'm happy that WG made positive changes, I hope there will be more events with dockyard in the future - if it was a historic ship would be even better :)