Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Please_helpme

CV auto pilot problem

42 comments in this topic

[THESO]
Players
4,136 posts

There were numerous reports about the auto pilot ignoring the plotted route, or doing some crazy movements.

As far as the fix goes.... I couldn't care less, since I hardly play CVs :)

Players
2,918 posts

When you are plotting, avoid nearing islands or rocks as the anti-collision system messes up with the pilot. Watch the lines when you perform a turn, if it is broken or weird, it means that the CV will do a reverse first and then full ahead to do the turn which in most cases just leaves you still to get torped or blapped. You can see the 'straightness' of yr plotted lines on the mini map. You have to check very close to see the lines break.

Players
341 posts
5,632 battles

There are still a new bugs in the system, make Sure you have anti collision off, and always doublecheck whether your ship is actually doing what you want. 

Players
111 posts
3,172 battles
2 minutes ago, firerider202 said:

There are still a new bugs in the system, make Sure you have anti collision off, and always doublecheck whether your ship os actually Ding what you want. 

anti collision is not off

Players
111 posts
3,172 battles
5 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

When you are plotting, avoid nearing islands or rocks as the anti-collision system messes up with the pilot. Watch the lines when you perform a turn, if it is broken or weird, it means that the CV will do a reverse first and then full ahead to do the turn which in most cases just leaves you still to get torped or blapped. You can see the 'straightness' of yr plotted lines on the mini map. You have to check very close to see the lines break.

did you see the replay ?
destination i chose was straight forward it was going well suddenly in the middle of way auto pilot decided to go A line. it was in open water. there was no terrain when auto pilot stop doing it's job 

Players
2,918 posts
Just now, 123789123789 said:

did you see the replay ?
destination i chose was straight forward it was going well suddenly in the middle of way auto pilot decided to go A line. it was in open water. there was no terrain when auto pilot stop doing it's job 

I cant watch replays I'm sorry. But yea it is buggy

Players
111 posts
3,172 battles
2 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

I cant watch replays I'm sorry. But yea it is buggy

why can't you watch replay ?

Players
2,918 posts
Just now, 123789123789 said:

why can't you watch replay ?

After a patch last year I can't, it broke something.

Players
111 posts
3,172 battles
Just now, lossi_2018 said:

After a patch last year I can't, it broke something.

just reinstall the game. might fix the issue 

Players
111 posts
3,172 battles
34 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

There were numerous reports about the auto pilot ignoring the plotted route, or doing some crazy movements.

As far as the fix goes.... I couldn't care less, since I hardly play CVs :)

any idea they address the issue yet ?

[LA_FR]
[LA_FR]
Players
164 posts
2,144 battles
Il y a 1 heure, 123789123789 a dit :

why my cv auto pilot is not doing it's job properly ?
i have set the destination but auto pilot still taking me to A line why ? 
check the replay file please.

20200713_183651_PJSA106-Ryujo_37_Ridge.wowsreplay

WG please fix the auto pilot

I lost my last game with the August Von Parseval today because my CV run into the limit of the map and autopilot didn't work... l lost the game bacause not moving for 1v1 the T6 enemi CV with my secondary.... That was a game with a T8 and T6 CVs in the same game. 

Players
111 posts
3,172 battles
Just now, Az_Akagi said:

I lost my last game with the August Von Parseval today because my CV run into the limit of the map and autopilot didn't work... l lost the game bacause not moving for 1v1 the T6 enemi CV with my secondary.... That was a game with a T8 and T6 CVs in the same game. 

i can understand your pain. feelsbadman

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,102 posts
20,016 battles
29 minutes ago, 123789123789 said:

any idea they address the issue yet ?

No, because

- WG "improved" auto pilot

- "improved" auto pilot is actually worse than before, therefore was a mistake

- WG doesn't like to admit mistakes

- "improved" auto pilot stays as it is because of that

• Cool 4

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,142 posts
8,949 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

No, because

- WG "improved" auto pilot

- "improved" auto pilot is actually worse than before, therefore was a mistake

- WG doesn't like to admit mistakes

- "improved" auto pilot stays as it is because of that

Clearly you don't understand what an improvement is. I mean when you want to reverse 1 km so you set a waypoint and the ship goes to full power forwards and jam the rudder in whatever direction it finds fancy and proceed to use the entire turning circle, overshoot, and then reverse broadside on to your waypoint, that is a stronk Belarussian improvement over the previous system.

Got to use all of those manuverability stats comrade.

• Funny 3

[STEEL]
Players
660 posts

If navigating a a ship manually with WASD is too hard for people, then maybe they should not play WoWs. What's next? Auto-repairing? Oh, wait...

• Bad 1

Players
341 posts
5,632 battles
Vor 9 Minuten, PeteEarthling sagte:

If navigating a a ship manually with WASD is too hard for people, then maybe they should not play WoWs. What's next? Auto-repairing? Oh, wait...

As a cv you are not allowed to use wasd hack, because wg wants you to only have one avatar which you can control directly(the squadron most of the time).

[FAF]
[FAF]
Players
365 posts
17,091 battles
14 minutes ago, PeteEarthling said:

With the new CV rework you cant do that any more when you have planes in the air @PeteEarthling

[THESO]
Players
4,136 posts
13 minutes ago, PeteEarthling said:

unnamed.gif

• Funny 1

[STEEL]
Players
660 posts
7 minutes ago, Cammo1962 said:

With the new CV rework you cant do that any more when you have planes in the air @PeteEarthling

I know, and there are moments when you do not have planes in the air. From what I observed, the ships journey from one waypoint to the next usually takes a lot more time than a squadrons flight, so using WASD to set a course before you launch planes and change the course after your attack is done should be no problem. It's not that CVs have to do mandatory course changes every 30 seconds, if they move at all. :Smile_smile:

[FAF]
[FAF]
Players
365 posts
17,091 battles
7 minutes ago, PeteEarthling said:

I know, and there are moments when you do not have planes in the air. From what I observed, the ships journey from one waypoint to the next usually takes a lot more time than a squadrons flight, so using WASD to set a course before you launch planes and change the course after your attack is done should be no problem. It's not that CVs have to do mandatory course changes every 30 seconds, if they move at all. :Smile_smile:

That was not what you wrote you wrote it as you can use WASD while you planes was in the air. And this thread is about autopilot and its problem when people have planes in the air and not when they are on the CV where you can use WASD. And i think that people knows how to use WASD when there are no planes in the air:Smile_coin:

• Cool 1

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,142 posts
8,949 battles
4 minutes ago, PeteEarthling said:

Carriers are floating bricks, and with the rework any second you don't have planes in the air you are wasting time as you don't have to think about anything else than keeping planes airbourne. So by using WASD, as stupid as it sounds, is a waste of time in a lot of cases as the CV just does not react fast enough. In a BB, not a problem as you can still aim around and blap things, but in a CV your weapons are planes, and as is established if you don't have planes airbourne you are failing.

The autopilot was never great, now it is horrid and frankly needs to be fixed.

• Cool 2

[THESO]
Players
4,136 posts
23 minutes ago, PeteEarthling said:

I guess every CV wants to recall his attack and go WASD  if he sees the CV doing some funky maneuver.

If there is autopilot movement by design, it should work as intended.

But with the CV hate I have ... I don't mind if they keep it broken :)

• Funny 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,836 battles
31 minutes ago, ollonborre said:

Carriers are floating bricks, and with the rework any second you don't have planes in the air you are wasting time as you don't have to think about anything else than keeping planes airbourne. So by using WASD, as stupid as it sounds, is a waste of time in a lot of cases as the CV just does not react fast enough. In a BB, not a problem as you can still aim around and blap things, but in a CV your weapons are planes, and as is established if you don't have planes airbourne you are failing.

The autopilot was never great, now it is horrid and frankly needs to be fixed.

You may think that way but with incoming torpedoes manual control and secondary fire ( strike fighters only scrambling when torpedo salvo's missed ) is key to sinking your DD attacker instead of the other way around.

And no being jumped by DD ( especialy with many DD in a match ) cannot be always prevented as you simply cannot be everywhere on the map at the same time. Despite some think CV can and others encourage that thought for some reason. Some DD get the jump on you, and how that ends depends on your choices. That said GZ can even take on half-HP cruisers in manual control+secondaries, as long as they are alone.

Every T8+ CV except Enterprise and Saipan ( that have lousy/no secondaries ) have a good chance to kill DD in a ship to ship duel in manual control. With strike fighters assisting whenever torpedo's missed of most missed ofc and you don't neeed sharp manual control until the DD reloads it's torps. It should be dead before that.....secondaries that actually are in range with higher ROF are key, as is manual control to evade the torps.

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this