Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
T3ddyBear

Moskva --> Nevsky

19 comments in this topic

[-G0M-]
Beta Tester
294 posts
12,550 battles

Been away for a while, needed a break, relogged today to find my Moskva is now a "premium" and I have to buy/re-research the replacement; Nevsky?

I saw the news that the russian cruiser split was coming but I thought they would at least not make me regrind one of the lines, I don't mind having to grind the "new" line, but getting a tech tree line back to tier10, really?!?

I cannot be asked to trawl back through hundreds of news articles, am assuming this is all above board and normal for WG now?

TB.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3

[THESO]
Players
4,137 posts

It is what it is. I was not happy to have to re-grind (in my case re-fxp) the Donskoi.

But keep in mind, that if you want to get Talinn (new line) you will have to re-grind the Schorsh :)

I know right :)

• Cool 3

[SHAFT]
Players
10,238 posts
9,063 battles

Would it be better, to lose Moskva to get Nevsky, and buy Moskva for Coal instead?

• Cool 1

[SKRUB]
Players
552 posts
21,322 battles
Just now, nambr9 said:

It is what it is. I was not happy to have to re-grind (in my case re-fxp) the Donskoi.

But keep in mind, that if you want to get Talinn (new line) you will have to re-grind the Schorsh :)

Regrind the Shchor ?

It's a line split, so no you don't have to regrind it...

For Moskva, they did multiple article explaining how it will happen and you don't have to buy her replacement, if you don't want to.

• Funny 1

[THESO]
Players
4,137 posts
6 minutes ago, Lebedjev said:

Regrind the Shchor ?

For Moskva, they did multiple article explaining how it will happen and you don't have to buy her replacement, if you don't want to.

Yes you have to re-grind the Schorhs in order to buy Talinn.

• Cool 1

Players
10,086 posts
11,852 battles
5 minutes ago, Lebedjev said:

Regrind the Shchor ?

You still need about 110k exp on Shchors if you want to start new line.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
4,137 posts
6 minutes ago, Panocek said:

You still need about 110k exp on Shchors if you want to start new line.

I grinded the Soviet line years ago. Including Shchorsh.

I also kept only the Moskva in my port ... for years now.

When the split happened:

- I have to re-grind Donskoi in order to buy Nevsky (in the past I used FXP to skip Donskoi)

- I have to get 110 XP on Schorsch in order to get Talinn (I was not aware of this, because if I were I would regrind it in Narai ... that was recently removed again ..... lol)

In my book that means that I have to re-grind the Schorsch.

• Cool 1

Players
10,086 posts
11,852 battles
Just now, nambr9 said:

In my book that means I have to re-grind the Schorsch.

Or you could keep tier 6 to 8 RU cruisers, given they are no slouches on their own both in Randoms and Operations:Smile_smile:

I had more than enough exp stockpiled on Shchors to get Tallin immediately

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Players
1,915 posts
3,770 battles

Shchors is my nightmare ship. I really couldn't make her work, I tried and failed and ended up FXP'ing past her. So far it's the first and only time I've done that. Of course I have to revist her - glup - or FXP her again for Tallin.

Players
8,350 posts
9,213 battles
24 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Or you could keep tier 6 to 8 RU cruisers, given they are no slouches on their own both in Randoms and Operations:Smile_smile:

If I wanted to play Shchors these days, I'd just play Chapa though, given T7 MM and Chapa just being more useful. Not to mention I got Lazo.

Personally, I also don't like how Shchors plays though and to me it is the most boring T7 cruiser likely.

[SHAFT]
Players
10,238 posts
9,063 battles
Just now, Fat_Maniac said:

Shchors is my nightmare ship. I really couldn't make her work, I tried and failed and ended up FXP'ing past her. So far it's the first and only time I've done that. Of course I have to revist her - glup - or FXP her again for Tallin.

I liked her pre-IFHE rework. Now i wouldnt touch it with a stick - goes for basicly all T7 ships... which is sad, T7 was my favourite tier. But why should i shoot myself in the foot by being uptiered vs T8-9 most of the time?

Every T7 class has severe disadvantages by now compared to T8+ ships:

- DDs dont have concealment module

- Cruisers with IFHE cant pen BBs

- BBs cant overmatch other BBs, while they can get overmatched themselves.

The only exception might be, T7 CAs like Algerie and co, but i dont consider any of them to be that strong. The T7 CLs were better imo. Neither of them is tanky in T8+ MM, but CLs had better DPM. Which ofc is horribly wrong, but the "fix" is garbage.

• Cool 2

Players
8,350 posts
9,213 battles
11 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

The only exception might be, T7 CAs like Algerie and co, but i dont consider any of them to be that strong. The T7 CLs were better imo. Neither of them is tanky in T8+ MM, but CLs had better DPM. Which ofc is horribly wrong, but the "fix" is garbage.

Honestly, T7 CAs seemed pretty solid in the past and due to IFHE changes are naturally even better now. Also, if you measure tankiness on Algerie, yeah, it's like the second most fragile T7 heavy cruiser (after Indy), but Myoko with is decent hp pool and 32 mm deck, Zara with much of its side being 30-150 mm and Surrey that can at least repair back damage if it doesn't get citpenned are pretty ok. Yorck and New Orleans are manageable.

MM is not very nice, but even then, T7s perform ok, as T8s won't hold up well against the masses of 406-460 mm guns at T9 either. And sometimes you get to fight T5s.

Also, as Odin event nears conclusion, having a T8 BB that cannot overmatch 25 mm flood the pool is going to make for some interesting weeks for any T7+ CA.

[-AP-]
Players
1,296 posts
11,488 battles

Nevsky is worth it. 

Having both Moskva and Nevsky I feel Nevsky is significantly better overall.

Just my opinion, couldn't care less about the paper stats.

[THESO]
Players
4,137 posts
2 hours ago, Panocek said:

Naaah, I rarely keep silver non T10 ships in my port.

It has to be really special to do so... and Schorsch is not. Pre IFHE change the Budyonni was a candidate, but I haven't really bother, since I have tons of premiums across all tiers.

[L4GG]
Players
3,264 posts
10,870 battles
3 hours ago, nambr9 said:

you will have to re-grind the Schorsh :)

I know right :)

I wish. but no, i have to do it in Donskoy.

If it were in Shchors it would be a breeze, in fact i have enough XP in Shchors to unlock all the ships up to t10 and after that i have some more left 

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,000 posts
10,815 battles
5 hours ago, T3ddyBear said:

Been away for a while, needed a break, relogged today to find my Moskva is now a "premium" and I have to buy/re-research the replacement; Nevsky?

I saw the news that the russian cruiser split was coming but I thought they would at least not make me regrind one of the lines, I don't mind having to grind the "new" line, but getting a tech tree line back to tier10, really?!?

I cannot be asked to trawl back through hundreds of news articles, am assuming this is all above board and normal for WG now?

TB.

tier 10 cruiser roughly worth 250K xp.. 

you grinded that.. you got your moskva.. 

after the line split, you keep your moskva.. now there is a new tier 10 cruiser up there.. 

you want that for free? 

why though? you've only grinded for 1 tier 10 cruiser worth XP.. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,631 posts
24,297 battles

ok, i'll bite one last time (hopefully *sigh*).... answer to it or not, i won't another time!

5 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Would it be better, to lose Moskva to get Nevsky, and buy Moskva for Coal instead?

yep, indeed! would've left me with kind of a choice if i want to get the new "speshul" or not. this way they removed 1 silver and added 2. if tey'd removed the moskva from me i only would've to get one more and decide to get new moskva or not....

51 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

tier 10 cruiser roughly worth 250K xp.. 

you grinded that.. you got your moskva.. 

after the line split, you keep your moskva.. now there is a new tier 10 cruiser up there.. 

you want that for free? 

why though? you've only grinded for 1 tier 10 cruiser worth XP.. 

that's just repeating the twisting they did take as an excuse to make it like they did. fact is:

not looking at the status of new moskva ("Speshul") there's more than ngh precedence for them handling it another way. indeed this is the first time they stepped baack from the former way... now, looking at the status, what i did write above kicks in 4 me!... so, essentially, there was no choice at all.

i now got not what i did grind b4, a t10 silver! i have to regrind 2 lines, where i did grind one b4....

idc really for these devils advocats people do play on this! it's dirty and total distinct from what we're used to!.... and that is the reason why this thread exists, as well as all the perma camo threads b4! the confusion they did seed with this shift in strategy.... btw, what we have since that is kind of "divide and conquer"... wp wg, wp................

it's fine if u people are fine with it, i'm not! and that is not coz i do not get the reasoning... it's just, in comparison to such statements above, that to me it does stink from seamiles away from moneygrab and screams like "milkitmilkit"....

2cts

p.s.:

/r

luv a folks :Smile_great::Smile_child::Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Players
10,238 posts
9,063 battles
2 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

it's fine if u people are fine with it, i'm not! and that is not coz i do not get the reasoning... it's just, in comparison to such statements above, that to me it does stink from seamiles away from moneygrab and screams like "milkitmilkit"....

And if they would have done

- remove moskva

- give Nevksy

people would complain, that they lost Moskva and need to pay 238 ? k coal to get it back... they cant ever win like that. Apart from the Permacamo scheme, which i agree was [edited], its fine. I prefer this way, others prefer the other way. Both ways are mutual exclusive, unless we would have gotten both ships for free (which i can understand that they didnt do it)

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this