Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Please_helpme

advise on server change

7 comments in this topic

Players
111 posts
3,172 battles

why do i have to rely on mods to change from NA server to EU or RU ?

why do you want us to download another same data for different server ?
why not make wgc universal ?
i mean we do login in wgc and same id on both server and password. in league of legends i have same email id and password for eu and na but i do not have to download extra data or rely on any third party app to change server. i can change server  anytime through client.
why can't wg devs able to do it ?

• Cool 1

[DAVY]
Players
2,876 posts
14,070 battles

ask yourself what days they do the patches for the different regions, RU Tuesdays, US Wednesdays and EU Thursdays, so if your 'data' updated for the RU or US server patch does that mean you get a head start on the EU missions or get the latest ships a day or two early??

• Bad 1

[NCDF]
Players
157 posts
5,027 battles
Vor 56 Minuten, Salentine sagte:

ask yourself what days they do the patches for the different regions, RU Tuesdays, US Wednesdays and EU Thursdays, so if your 'data' updated for the RU or US server patch does that mean you get a head start on the EU missions or get the latest ships a day or two early??

But would it be such a horrible thing to just have the game update in all regions at the exact same time.  After all, all other games manage to do this aswell...

• Cool 2

Players
1,017 posts
14,686 battles

For example, Steam is a global client that updates everywhere at the same time, so that users switch to the latest patch when the regional server has updated. The server you connect to is managed client-side by a single line of editable code in an xml file. Being on EU I still played 0.9.5.1 on Wednesday even though Steam had pre-downloaded the 0.9.6 patch for me if I wanted to play on NA.

Excluding the PTS all the Live versions of the client should unified even if the servers remain separate (discussion of that for another time).

Players
111 posts
3,172 battles
17 hours ago, Salentine said:

during patch day i can't change server that makes sense but other days that should not be the case. but the thing is devs are lazy.
i mean you can implement server change option and during patch day you can't change server cause eu server under maintenance day still(it's not updated yet). same thing happen with mod. but why wg devs being lazy to add such option and let third party app do the thing.

please just add server change option in client if both server are on same patch then there should be no problem changing the server.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,093 posts
20,337 battles
16 hours ago, Echo_519 said:

But would it be such a horrible thing to just have the game update in all regions at the exact same time.  After all, all other games manage to do this aswell...

Easy to answer.. common sence. most games that do not have diferent patch days dont have reagion spesific servers.

You can test a patch all you want but things cant always catch everything. I remeber at least one time where patch day for other reagions were delayed because of unforeen issues the patch caused (it may have been tanks not ships i cant remeber)

Standerd IT policy when you have servers in diferent regions/sites you stagger the patching so if there is an issue it just efects one area not all...

Sign in to follow this