Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
waxx25

Any way of opting out from supertesters?

53 comments in this topic

[-AP-]
Players
1,296 posts
11,488 battles

The title covers it.

I do not appreciate being in games with test ships. I will not start an argument for my reasons. I am tired of facing ships that will never exist in the form I face them. I am sure there are thousands of players who want to fight against/with supertesters and their ships.

Since this is probably not an option I will do the thing I can, I will leave the battle the moment I notice a supertester in my game, friend or foe. Since some claim that it is rare to run into them the punishment won't be that great right? (except that I see them in 10% of my battles, far too high)

Edit: and report them for misbehavior in chat since that system is so balanced.

(And yes this is a rage post, I am tired of seeing Slavas)

• Cool 5
  • Funny 9
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 11
  • Angry 2

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,879 battles

I do not agree it is a disadvantage for other players. Rather the other way around. Strange unknown ships tend to attract (focussed) fire.....i killed many of them out of curiouslity what they can do/take over other targets, and i am not alone in this i think.

• Cool 4

Players
2,925 posts

This is a valid reason to feel griefed. I don't like em as well. But I can understand the opposite side argument of testing the waters. 

@Klopirat your continuous boring downvotes, trigger me to be even more daring I suppose? I could show a bit more shoulder but that's about it. Don't know ye dat well :)

• Funny 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[CATS]
Players
27,310 posts
14,534 battles

Since you announced it, you are griefing your teammates on purpose...

• Cool 6
  • Boring 1

[BS4]
Players
1,344 posts
7,443 battles
54 minutes ago, waxx25 said:

The title covers it.

I do not appreciate being in games with test ships. I will not start an argument for my reasons. I am tired of facing ships that will never exist in the form I face them. I am sure there are thousands of players who want to fight against/with supertesters and their ships.

Since this is probably not an option I will do the thing I can, I will leave the battle the moment I notice a supertester in my game, friend or foe. Since some claim that it is rare to run into them the punishment won't be that great right? (except that I see them in 10% of my battles, far too high)

forgive me, im a little confused by the heading....(your not a super tester looking for a way out?)

Are you saying that you are seeing the occasional test ships in Randoms? If so, is that REALLY a good enough reason just to quit mid game leaving your team one person down?

Players
1,072 posts
9,621 battles

I think it's a necessary evil. Although WG usually ignores test results and player feedback and just follows the holy spreadsheet which says that russian napkin ships must be top of the list.

• Cool 7

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,828 posts
8,906 battles

There is an easy way of opting out of supertesters: Just stop playing, snowflake! 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[LUZ1]
Players
740 posts
11,985 battles
48 minutes ago, waxx25 said:

The title covers it.

In my view you decide to be a jerk (abandoning your team mid game) for what is at most a minor inconvenience, if even that.

Please don't play team games with that attitude.

• Cool 4

[-AP-]
Players
1,296 posts
11,488 battles
7 minutes ago, Camperdown said:

In my view you decide to be a jerk (abandoning your team mid game) for what is at most a minor inconvenience, if even that.

Please don't play team games with that attitude.

In my view I don't care.

47 minutes ago, SeaWolf7 said:

forgive me, im a little confused.

Are you saying that you are seeing test ships in Randoms? If so is that REALLY a good enough reason just to quit mid game leaving your team mates one person down?

Yes!

31 minutes ago, principat121 said:

There is an easy way of opting out of supertesters: Just stop playing, snowflake! 

read first comment later.

[-TPF-]
Players
4,017 posts
16,552 battles

I don't agree with the OP. I've come across plenty of test ships in random games and their impact is minimal. It can be annoying not knowing that the ship is and what its talents may be, but this doesn't seem a massive issue worthy of a flounce.

• Cool 3

[-AP-]
Players
1,296 posts
11,488 battles
20 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

I don't agree with the OP. I've come across plenty of test ships in random games and their impact is minimal. It can be annoying not knowing that the ship is and what its talents may be, but this doesn't seem a massive issue worthy of a flounce.

good for you. I have nothing against that. Hence my post of having the option to "opt out" from this. There are plenty of people who like or have no problem with this, I am not one of them.

Players
662 posts
4,835 battles

Having these test ships in REGULAR RANDOM games is a necessary evil, if you want to have any chance of having a half-decently balanced ship being released. As soon as you allow for an opt-out option if Test Ships are present, you immediately change the Test Conditions to the point of them being completely useless, since the in game population will be far from representative of what the population in game will be after the ship has been released.

In the way you act, you only INCREASE the chance that the final ships released will be broken (or more broken than they are). Apart from the fact that I find it the wrong attitude towards your non-test team mates. 

• Cool 4

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator, Alpha Tester, Sailing Hamster
399 posts
10,393 battles

Hello captains,

1 hour ago, waxx25 said:

I will leave the battle the moment I notice a supertester in my game, friend or foe

About your decision: well, please don't do this. I would rather be focused down than handicap your team or mine with quitting for this reason. It would be unfair to both.

Most of the times the test ships you see aren't a secret - by the time you meet us in battle, they would have been already posted on the devblog, so whatever talents or roles they might have, you can know about them.

Anyways, our impact isn't as big as you'd expect. Test ship syndrome is a thing, pretty much everyone will be curious to see how a test ship holds up to fire, what it can or can't do. And for this, even though uncomfortable, we're actually pretty grateful, since you're providing us with a challenging test enviroment, in which the positives and negatives of the ships in question can be established with much more accuracy. Now I'm not saying that you should drop everything else and shoot the supertester, but we don't especially mind as long as you're on the red team :D

Another thing to consider is that not only supertesters receive ships. Modders, community contributors, and and and - they also get them.

1 hour ago, waxx25 said:

I am tired of facing ships that will never exist in the form I face them

Thank the Gods, old and new for that - some ships you really really don't want to exist in some of their testing iterations - and this can go both ways, from total potato in a wet paper bag, to a floating deathstar. What we do is necessary and it is only the very end of our whole activity. Would you care to apply to the program? Maybe we can change your opinion, if you qualify :)

• Cool 9

[BS4]
Players
1,344 posts
7,443 battles
2 hours ago, waxx25 said:

I will leave the battle the moment I notice a supertester in my game, friend or foe.

Seriously!!? just because...

PUv5dEu.jpg

:Smile_facepalm:

• Funny 1

Players
514 posts
7,926 battles

i can count the supertester games on my two hands and if i remember correctly i lost ONE game against a supertester

[ST-EU]
399 posts
10,393 battles
14 minutes ago, SeaWolf7 said:

Seriously!!? just because... 

Scary, scary test ships. Should hide the women and children and run to the hills!

Seriously though, there were some ship lines that scarred generations of supertesters (hope my colleagues won't mind for spilling a bit of ST lore). Just think of RNCL with standard AP and the infamous PADD :etc_swear:

• Funny 1

Players
552 posts
1,728 battles
Just now, Ecotech said:

Scary, scary test ships. Should hide the women and children and run to the hills!

<snip>

Why? we don't need protecting:Smile-_tongue:

Is there a way to opt-in to playing against SuperTesters?

[ST-EU]
399 posts
10,393 battles
5 minutes ago, Molly_Delaney said:

Is there a way to opt-in to playing against SuperTesters?

We're in the same matchmaking pool, so it is on by default. What you could do is see in the devblog the ships being tested and pick your tier accordingly. Also, we don't bite and we're quite friendly :cap_like:

• Cool 1

Players
342 posts
5,640 battles
Vor 2 Stunden, waxx25 sagte:

The title covers it.

I fully agree! Beeing in a match with supertesters is really annoying, when there are people like you in the match as well who go afk and leave their team alone, just because they face ships in testing. Seriously, its really not that much of an issue, and without live server testing we would have a lot more balancing problems.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[-AP-]
Players
1,296 posts
11,488 battles
17 minutes ago, Ecotech said:

We're in the same matchmaking pool, so it is on by default. What you could do is see in the devblog the ships being tested and pick your tier accordingly. Also, we don't bite and we're quite friendly :cap_like:

Its not about the players. 

You guys applied and were accepted, i have no such choice. As to the rarity of test ships.....I ran into a pair of Slavas twice in a row yesterday, 3 times today and several times in the last week. Tired of it. If it was one game for every 100 I played then sure but it seems like your pool of CC's, testers, YouTubers, whatever, is getting quite large.

(IDK if I would qualify, im pretty bad for someone with 10k+ games and have no clue how game mechaincs work.)

As to my decision to leave, its all I have. Wish there was a better way to protest.

P.S. I can take a hit here and there from a loss, only have 69% win rate.

Edit: did you just tell me to pick a different tier so I dont get matched up with testers? Wow...

• Funny 1

[-AP-]
Players
1,296 posts
11,488 battles
6 minutes ago, firerider202 said:

I fully agree! Beeing in a match with supertesters is really annoying, when there are people like you in the match as well who go afk and leave their team alone, just because they face ships in testing. Seriously, its really not that much of an issue, and without live server testing we would have a lot more balancing problems.

To you its not to me it is. 

It will get annoying because even solo I push 65% win rates.

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,828 posts
8,906 battles
19 minutes ago, Ecotech said:

Also, we don't bite and we're quite friendly

Please, talk only for yourself! :cap_haloween::fish_viking:

• Funny 1

[ST-EU]
399 posts
10,393 battles
10 minutes ago, waxx25 said:

.I ran into a pair of Slavas twice in a row yesterday, 3 times today and several times in the last week.

That can be annoying, I'll give you that, though the Slava in her current form is a pale shadow of her former glory (btw Slava / слава = Glory). To some degree, this can be true of any well driven ship played as a group to their strengths, annoying to face if they know what they're doing. I'm just asking you to reconsider and not be a negative asset to your team, but at the end of the day it is your decision.

[-AP-]
Players
1,296 posts
11,488 battles
10 minutes ago, Ecotech said:

That can be annoying, I'll give you that, though the Slava in her current form is a pale shadow of her former glory. To some degree, this can be true of any well driven ships played as a group to their strengths, annoying to face if they know what they're doing. I'm just asking you to reconsider and not be a negative asset to your team, but at the end of the day it is your decision.

Agreed, it was super fun facing twin slavas hitting me for 10k each through my Montana's bow, then I get one overpens back on them.....superrrrrr fun. 

And today was even more fun doing a perfect, waterline, broadside at 17km (you know, the right distance for Montana to citadel things) getting 10hits for 10k dmg vs your Slavas.......gtfo man, its stupid. 

Again, the people playing the ships are fine, I have nothing against it but the live server needs to be left for released content. 

Make a test server like other games, I am sure there are plenty of fanboys who would love to participate.

Or actually hire somebody to do the research.

This whole gifting of ships to random people that were "tested" and letting them take non-live content into live server is complete bs.

Edit: my silly American autocorrect changed Slava to slave......quite funny considering the meaning of slava. (And the fact that WG came from the last European country with a dictator)

• Bad 1

Modder
4,873 posts
22,141 battles

As a modder I got recently ST ships. The ones I've already played are rather average. Even Slava has now 25 mm nose and is stepping into category "specialized" ship.  Playing against them , I have never noticed that ST ships were a problem in balance of random game too. Rather, the "random" teams consisting from 3 unicuum players is.

• Cool 1