You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Eternus_Damnatio

German CV tokens such a joke

111 comments in this topic

[_I_]
Players
530 posts
18,334 battles
1 minute ago, Eternus_Damnatio said:

So the new CV's hold absolutely no interest for me but I thought at least I can do some grinding and earn myself a perma camo for my Hindenburg.
Until I unlocked stage 6 of one of the four mission groups and was surprised to see the following.
WorldOfWarships64_HXLXlyPQYS.thumb.png.55a7844cd7f05445dd555adec0595658.png

Then had a quick check of the rest.
WorldOfWarships64_2iFT2Z4RLw.thumb.png.1601f5e57ab7f54c557c29a741dd67ce.pngWorldOfWarships64_McyFMDwia7.thumb.png.a4caf12f27a00e775e97e675bf3f51f0.pngWorldOfWarships64_lBqv7a4mSm.thumb.png.5194c1f448d8f60c676ab9be72a6fb19.png

The maximum amount of tokens you can earn is 300 and to earn the 600 required to get one single solitary perma camo you need to own ALL of the CV's.

We get you are business WG but this is event is just garbage through and through RNG containers that MAY give you a mission to get one of the CV's enough with the luck based rubbish thank you.

Then not even willing to allow players the chance to grind for one lousy perma camo without being super lucky or spending cash just shows your greed.
One camo should have been earnable through grind the rest through spending now I have sod all incentive to do any of these missions not bothered by the other rewards you can get with tokens at all.
And honestly none of this makes me want to spend cash on your game in fact the opposite is true.

As it has been a few times already. Due to the excrement-from-cow that such missions and rewards has been before, I've stopped paying attention to them. Usually I check by just before the tokens expire to buy something vaguely useful :)

• Cool 21

Players
311 posts
14,555 battles

Yeah its stupid that you cant earn even one with normal grind. All 3 silver CV plus GZ is really too much. Shame on you WG

• Cool 3

[XTREM]
Players
1,801 posts
14,043 battles

@Eternus_Damnatio @Nibenay78 @Yamato942

You can also get the tokens for a camo by buying one of the challenges for doubloons in the armoury. There's one for BBs, CAs, or DDs. They're 7500 doubs each and contain goodies. And, completing the mission chain they unlock gives a total of 600 tokens.

So you don't need all the CVs for the camos or whatever. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 12
  • Bad 2
  • Angry 2

Players
866 posts
8,891 battles
1 minute ago, Miragetank90 said:

You can also get the tokens for a camo by buying one of the challenges for doubloons in the armoury. There's one for BBs, CAs, or DDs. They're 7500 doubs each(so 500 doub discount) and contain goodies. And, completing the mission chain they unlock gives a total of 600 doubs.

Lol so £20.79 each yeah no thx 

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[_I_]
Players
530 posts
18,334 battles

You can also get the tokens for a camo by buying one of the challenges for doubloons in the armoury. There's one for BBs, CAs, or DDs. They're 7500 doubs each(so 500 doub discount) and contain goodies. And, completing the mission chain they unlock gives a total of 600 doubs.

Thanks for the info, but I'm totally not interested in either CVs or so much in the permacamo. I'll save my slowly-grinded-dubloons for something I find useful, like the permacamo for Montana (which needs a buff™) or something..

• Cool 1

[_I_]
Players
530 posts
18,334 battles
2 minutes ago, Eternus_Damnatio said:

Lol so £20.79 each yeah no thx 

Money better spent investing in the stock market... even a lottery ticket (and i hate lottery) would give me more pleasure now :D

• Cool 10
  • Funny 2

[XTREM]
Players
1,801 posts
14,043 battles
1 minute ago, Nibenay78 said:

Thanks for the info, but I'm totally not interested in either CVs or so much in the permacamo. I'll save my slowly-grinded-dubloons for something I find useful, like the permacamo for Montana (which needs a buff™) or something..

I'm pretty hyped for the CVs myself. The camos though I'm middling. I wanted it pretty badly for Kurfurst in the beginning, but now I'm not so sure. Looking at it closely, I'm on the fence about the figurehead on the bow.

We'll see. 

Players
2,919 posts

I'm one more such mission away to give up completely, can't even force myself to load the game. Found myself actively looking for alternatives to play. Very disappointed with how everything is implemented. Simple things are needed, tons of non useful stuff are given. It will reach a point where no one will bother buying stuff as it will be pointless.

• Cool 10

[_I_]
Players
530 posts
18,334 battles

I'm pretty hyped for the CVs myself. The camos though I'm middling. I wanted it pretty badly for Kurfurst in the beginning, but now I'm not so sure. Looking at it closely, I'm on the fence about the figurehead on the bow.

We'll see. 

Before the rework I thought they were OP in the right hands, but added an interesting layer of air combat between CVs that one could "assist" with being in the right ship and even targeting enemy fighters.

As I think they now are a  disease-involving-abnormal-cell-growth element that ruins the gameplay and fun,... well.. I grind them only because at some point WG will add some retarded mission that requires one to play them. I'll probably grind the german ones too at some point, eventually, maybe..

Anyways my point to the OP was mostly that WG is flooding us with all kind of missions and seemingly many of them are made so most or all have to spend dubloons. Even on early access which to me is only FOMO stuff...

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[XTREM]
Players
1,801 posts
14,043 battles
8 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

I'm one more such mission away to give up completely, can't even force myself to load the game. Found myself actively looking for alternatives to play. Very disappointed with how everything is implemented. Simple things are needed, tons of non useful stuff are given. It will reach a point where no one will bother buying stuff as it will be pointless.

It's too expensive.

If it were a bit cheaper I wouldn't be so middling about buying a camo mission. 

Also new AL ships are coming, and I need to watch my expenses. 

• Cool 2

Players
866 posts
8,891 battles

And to top all this off its like WG forgot about the chaos that covid has caused for economies and peoples finances again showing themselves to be nothing more than money grabbing parasites.
Think I might just go free to play when my prem runs out that way when the time comes to walk away I feel less invested.

• Cool 7

[L4GG]
Players
3,263 posts
10,868 battles
40 minutes ago, Miragetank90 said:

You can also get the tokens for a camo by buying one of the challenges for doubloons in the armoury.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH:Smile_veryhappy::cap_fainting:

WHAT?

Now you have to spend doubloons to have missions?

what's next? spending doubloons to play in random mode?

ahahahah :Smile_veryhappy:

• Cool 8
  • Funny 4

[L4GG]
Players
3,263 posts
10,868 battles

thanks to OP, i went to check.

you can have perma camos for four ships.

now, if one can do the missions with ships from t5 to t10 it would be nice if we could have perma camos for those ships.

I would try to slap a few on my favourite german ships

[SM0KE]
Players
5,791 posts
14,064 battles

I rather feel that WG dropped a b*llock here, a bit like with the whole PR business.

• They did state early on that you could only get 300 tokens entirely free, but the bulk of the marketing has been all about 'yay - free T10 cammo'.
  • Turns out that (unless the odds on the free containers are a *lot* better than usual) it's functionally impossible to get even one T10 cammo free.

This isn't intended to be an entitled 'waaaah - I want free stuff!' rant, but rather an observation that WG have - once again - failed to cross-reference over-enthusiastic marketing and managing expectations.

As I said in another thread on this approximate subject, a good solution would have been to have - say - something like a T8 permaflage for the wholly f2p folk for the 300 tokens (or something else fun), and everything else as it is now. WG make their money from the whales, and they avoid annoying everyone who didn't read the fine print before having their expectations raised in the f2p community.

(Full disclosure: I bought 15 for-money gamble boxes and got the T4&6 missions; as such, I've got more from the existing missions i.e. permaflage for the T4&6 CVs, so I'm perhaps a bit less grumpy than I might be otherwise.)

• Cool 3

[SM0KE]
Players
5,791 posts
14,064 battles

Incidentally, it looks like WG may have learned *one* thing from the PR debacle: so far, I don't believe any of WG's staff have felt the urge to make the matter even worse with some spectacularly ill-judged intervention...?

:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[PUPSI]
Privateer
11,252 posts
4 hours ago, Eternus_Damnatio said:

was surprised to see the following.

how can you be surprised about this? It was announced to be this way...

4 hours ago, Eternus_Damnatio said:

Then not even willing to allow players the chance to grind for one lousy perma camo without being super lucky or spending cash just shows your greed.

and it is not greedy to demand a camo that usually costs 5.000(+) doubloons for free?

• Boring 1
  • Bad 7

[CROPS]
Players
514 posts
11,180 battles
6 hours ago, Miragetank90 said:

You can also get the tokens for a camo by buying one of the challenges for doubloons in the armoury. There's one for BBs, CAs, or DDs. They're 7500 doubs each and contain goodies. And, completing the mission chain they unlock gives a total of 600 doubs.

Great way to get the free Tier X cammo via grind is to buy a mission to start the grind for only 7500 doubloons.

I guess we all need to move to Belgium.

• Funny 6

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,854 battles

Just enjoy the game. See the rewards as a carrot on a stick. It is meant for you to lose patience and use your wallet. But when you have those camo's/ships, for how long do you feel better ? I bet few players still use the UK CV that had a similair launch campaign since so many complaning UK CV are "bad" Or other warships featuring such campaigns for that fact.

• Cool 3

[GRK3N]
[GRK3N]
Players
1,171 posts
6,300 battles
2 hours ago, Klopirat said:

and it is not greedy to demand a camo that usually costs 5.000(+) doubloons for free?

Its not practically possible to get a camo without spending 7500 doubloons. Thats the thing people are pissed off about. Its a sunk cost phallacy scheme.... again....

The only reason WG is doing these things is because people are buying it. Stop taking part in these scams and theyll eventually stop doing it.

• Cool 8

Players
747 posts
7 hours ago, lossi_2018 said:

I'm in a similar situation, not easily finding the motivation to play right now. So it seems that if I get German Carrier loot crates, then I might get a... Mission, that will eventually give me access to a German carrier (if I complete it; didn't bother looking into things enough to find out the mission details due to general lack of interest). Except I'm tired of grinding things right now, and not overly enthused about the event in the first place, so probably won't get enough crates to have any reasonable chance of getting the good stuff given the usual miserly odds. And when I saw that there were also tokens with their own convoluted means of acquisition that give irrelevant prizes I don't care about, my eyes glazed over and I stopped reading the newspost.

It's ironic, because I keep hoping for an end to the perpetual grind so that I can sit back, relax and play the ships I actually want to play (the ones I actually like, the ones that are below T5, the ones I'm grinding through that were ignored by Directive missions, etc.), for actual fun. Then when that time comes, I can't summon the enthusiasm due to grind burnout. Unless anyone fancies making a division of the most hilariously inappropriate ships we can think of and seeing how long it takes to 5* Aegis? ;)

• Cool 1

Players
2,919 posts
4 hours ago, Klopirat said:

Is it not shady to have a camo that costed 5k become pointless and given for free? Couldn't people have asked for their 5k(+) dubs back? No they didn't have the option.

• Cool 1

[GW_KR]
Players
256 posts
12,919 battles

I see the tokens as just some free camos or such. The directives (the cv and the oden) have no intererst otherwise. Complete rubbish!

[GW_KR]
Players
256 posts
12,919 battles

Not 100% true, I realised.. I got the Graf Spee which is actually a fun ship. 😀👍🏻

• Cool 2

[GJE]
Players
270 posts
3,769 battles

Odin shipyard event is actually very good compared to this one, not very hard, with nice rewards. And I'm getting attached to Odin, watching her grow :) I don't care that it's not very good, I will certainly play it once in a while. 

• Cool 1