You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
flyngangel

ALABAMA SECONDARIES..

5 comments in this topic

Question

Players
3 posts
5,743 battles

Hi guys

I need some help and maybe one of you can help me... 

I recently purchased the ALABAMA ship, and after due modifications, my secondaries were able to perform at a very good distance ( more than 11 km ) but now.. all of a sudden, they are not going more than 6 km, no matter what i do, and despite the fact that has the same canons as Massachusetts, in number and caliber. I HAVE NOT made any modifications at all and still.. is simply refuse to go at same values as before.

Please help me to understand what is happening. Thank you very much 

4 answers to this question

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,597 posts
13,969 battles

Both Alabama and Massachusets are South Dakota class BBs but Massa is the one with effective secondaries and Bama has a more effective main battery.

Bamas main guns are more accurate and have more range. (1.9 sigma vs 1.7 sigma, 21.1km range vs 18.27km range)

Massas secondary guns are more accurate and have more range and reload faster. (7.5km range vs 5.0km range, 4.0s reload vs 6.0s reload, improved dispersion beyond normal secondaries)

In addition to these differences;

Bama has slightly better concealment, rudder shift time and slightly better AA.

Massa has slightly faster turning turrets and her repair party has a much shorter cooldown.

Of the two, Massa can be configured with a focus on her secondaries and Alabama should be played like a conventional BB.

image.thumb.png.7509413ac64aace54d4d762f2b132fe4.png

[CATS]
Players
27,475 posts
14,582 battles

Alabama secondaries with all upgrades reach up to 7.56 km. That did not change.

I assume you sailed your Massa (they look similar) and now changed the ship.

Looks like you are missing an upgrade on your Alabama (AFT?, Modul?).

Players
3 posts
5,743 battles
33 minutes ago, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

Both Alabama and Massachusets are South Dakota class BBs but Massa is the one with effective secondaries and Bama has a more effective main battery.

Bamas main guns are more accurate and have more range. (1.9 sigma vs 1.7 sigma, 21.1km range vs 18.27km range)

Massas secondary guns are more accurate and have more range and reload faster. (7.5km range vs 5.0km range, 4.0s reload vs 6.0s reload, improved dispersion beyond normal secondaries)

In addition to these differences;

Bama has slightly better concealment, rudder shift time and slightly better AA.

Massa has slightly faster turning turrets and her repair party has a much shorter cooldown.

Of the two, Massa can be configured with a focus on her secondaries and Alabama should be played like a conventional BB.

image.thumb.png.7509413ac64aace54d4d762f2b132fe4.png

Thank you very much guys, but I cud swear I was playing with Bama at the same distance/ oh well, maybe I was wrong, but Thank you so very much for clarification at least now I know how to manage them. 

much appreciated your help :) 🙏

• Cool 1

Players
3 posts
5,743 battles
2 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Alabama secondaries with all upgrades reach up to 7.56 km. That did not change.

I assume you sailed your Massa (they look similar) and now changed the ship.

Looks like you are missing an upgrade on your Alabama (AFT?, Modul?).

Is true that I miss the last module to extend the secondaries on Bama, but still, I was in doubt. 
anyway, thank you so very much for taking the time to help me guys, much appreciated 🙏

kindest regards 

gabriel