Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MyAngelAkagi

August Von Parseval dealing no damages...

38 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[LA_FR]
[LA_FR]
Players
164 posts
2,144 battles

Heya everyone ! I got the T8 Deutschland  CV August Von Parseval !! I was thiking it's good to be a nice CV, but no it's dealing 0 damage to anything with all type of aircrafts....For exemple l touch 0 time the citadels of the Mogami and other ships in the games with missiles/bomber aircrafts...That only me or you have the same things ?

 

 

 

 

Capture d’écran (1).png

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
184 posts
2,363 battles

Just you.

I don't have the Parseval yet but from playing the other German CV's, I was able to get citadel dmg pretty easily as long as the target doesn't make drastic movements to dodge. Other than that, I've also seen plenty of videos on the Parseval where they got citadels regularly with their attacks. So it's likely that this is more of a "git gud" situation and just learning how to make the drops. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
Players
6,719 posts

Takes time to get used to that strange dropping...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,987 posts
13 minutes ago, Az_Akagi said:

Heya everyone ! I got the T8 Deutschland  CV August Von Parseval !! I was thiking it's good to be a nice CV, but no it's dealing 0 damage to anything with all type of aircrafts....For exemple l touch 0 time the citadels of the Mogami and other ships in the games with missiles/bomber aircrafts...That only me or you have the same things ?

 

 

 

 

Capture d’écran (1).png

I did more damage in t4 Rhein. You need to catch cruisers almost broadside to punish them with rockets. Flambass has a video with the t8 Parseval, I’d suggest you to watch it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LA_FR]
[LA_FR]
Players
164 posts
2,144 battles
Il y a 6 minutes, Communist_Loli a dit :

Just you.

I don't have the Parseval yet but from playing the other German CV's, I was able to get citadel dmg pretty easily as long as the target doesn't make drastic movements to dodge. Other than that, I've also seen plenty of videos on the Parseval where they got citadels regularly with their attacks. So it's likely that this is more of a "git gud" situation and just learning how to make the drops. 

Yes l will see but yea l maye was just unlucky.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
7,144 posts
245 battles
8 minutes ago, Az_Akagi said:

Yes l will see but yea l maye was just unlucky.

 

 

probs faced people who could actually breath and think and/or came at them from werid angles, i've noticed you need ships to be slightly angled in for you to get citadels otherwise overpens and/or bounces.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[501L]
Players
381 posts
4,327 battles

Yeah playing the tier 6 and the Rocket Planes are VERY finicky, if someone spots you coming in and they angle out or directly in, you're buggered. Also the tier 6 suffers from the same problem the Ryujo AP bombs suffer from, not enough of them.Though I've only played 1 game in her so far she does feel very wonky to play since unlike the Ryujo who has a backup of her torps being good if the AP bombs don't work out, the German CVs have bugger all.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-LA-]
Players
685 posts
5,118 battles

im having no luck with them , the angle for rocket planes apears to be about 5 degs off 90 either way or nothings going to happen, and if you hit an island its hilarius your rockets got 20 km past them ;) it is quite a giggle lobbing rockets at the spawn line of the enemy team at the start. but people will give broadside to haf a dozen BB's to avid letting me make a run at thier broadside so it just ends up being frustrating as every target just turns away (even if it gets them killed) 

 

the torps, half damage for a few knots.didnt need the speed for CA or BB and not finding it any great advantage against DD's hitting a DD with a torp was more about the plane than the speed of teh torp i think.

 

the bombers, very easy to line up but seem to have dispersion way outside the reticule better than GZ or sure , to be fair i havent played with other AP bombers since the nerf so maybe the damage isnt as bad as it feels but they just feel luck based , lined up and timed to perfection and the bombs stradle a california 100m off each side and i sat there starring in disbelief wondering how they broke the laws of physics to get out there! exact same drop next time double citadel , and of course often the pesky ships engage the rudder hax!

 

not sure the fun secondaries make up all the loss in the plane department for me and getting uptiered with these 3 point captains.... yeah the AA just murders them 

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
152 posts
21,018 battles

Tell it to the Parival that blipped my Baltimore to oblivion with a dev strike from those bombers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
184 posts
2,363 battles
30 minutes ago, Padds01 said:

im having no luck with them , the angle for rocket planes apears to be about 5 degs off 90 either way or nothings going to happen, and if you hit an island its hilarius your rockets got 20 km past them ;) it is quite a giggle lobbing rockets at the spawn line of the enemy team at the start. but people will give broadside to haf a dozen BB's to avid letting me make a run at thier broadside so it just ends up being frustrating as every target just turns away (even if it gets them killed) 

 

the torps, half damage for a few knots.didnt need the speed for CA or BB and not finding it any great advantage against DD's hitting a DD with a torp was more about the plane than the speed of teh torp i think.

 

the bombers, very easy to line up but seem to have dispersion way outside the reticule better than GZ or sure , to be fair i havent played with other AP bombers since the nerf so maybe the damage isnt as bad as it feels but they just feel luck based , lined up and timed to perfection and the bombs stradle a california 100m off each side and i sat there starring in disbelief wondering how they broke the laws of physics to get out there! exact same drop next time double citadel , and of course often the pesky ships engage the rudder hax!

 

not sure the fun secondaries make up all the loss in the plane department for me and getting uptiered with these 3 point captains.... yeah the AA just murders them 

Bombs, in general, are RNG based for all CVs...

 

I'm not sure if the AP bomb nerfs are already live but either way, tech-tree German AP bombs actually have higher alpha while retaining equal attack numbers to their Japanese counterparts so that's something to think about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
385 posts
2,146 battles

Yeah, the new CV's are... interesting... I'm enjoying playing them but for how much work you put in to get Citadels it just doesn't feel like it pays off.

 

-The planes are made out of wet, shredded, tissue paper. A fat man on the China server farts and your Tier 8 German CV rocket planes evaporate 

-The rockets damage numbers are mediocre for the effort required and struggle to Cit pen higher tier ships or CA's (from my observations).

-The torpedo bombers are embarrassingly bad and i'm gob smacked they made it through testing, what in god's name are the testers doing to allow those through? The damage is anemic to the point of barely registering on damn 2 tier lower Cruisers and good luck hitting a DD that isn't brain dead with them, hell the AI can dodge them in OPs quiet well when it wants to.

- The level bombers are great (besides being made of tissue paper) and the lack of bombs released on the tier 6.

 

I took the Weser for a spin on Aegis and after a few practice runs I tried to  see what I could pull with my best efforts this was what I managed.

image.thumb.png.66d249fc0e604f19a8cebea5268963eb.png

 

Considering I can pull 180+ in the Furious with minimal input... well... yeah... I mean It took two full rocket plane squadron attacks to kill off one escort ship from the transport convoy... you know... the Cruisers they are supposed to be good against.

 

WeeGee if you read this, please buff the German CV's torp damage across the board and extend the arming distance to balance it out, hell make it about 5000 -  5200 at tier 6 (same as Furious) because at 4067 like they are atm they just don't work.

  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LA_FR]
[LA_FR]
Players
164 posts
2,144 battles
Il y a 42 minutes, DeviousDave02 a dit :

Yeah, the new CV's are... interesting... I'm enjoying playing them but for how much work you put in to get Citadels it just doesn't feel like it pays off.

 

-The planes are made out of wet, shredded, tissue paper. A fat man on the China server farts and your Tier 8 German CV rocket planes evaporate 

-The rockets damage numbers are mediocre for the effort required and struggle to Cit pen higher tier ships or CA's (from my observations).

-The torpedo bombers are embarrassingly bad and i'm gob smacked they made it through testing, what in god's name are the testers doing to allow those through? The damage is anemic to the point of barely registering on damn 2 tier lower Cruisers and good luck hitting a DD that isn't brain dead with them, hell the AI can dodge them in OPs quiet well when it wants to.

- The level bombers are great (besides being made of tissue paper) and the lack of bombs released on the tier 6.

 

I took the Weser for a spin on Aegis and after a few practice runs I tried to  see what I could pull with my best efforts this was what I managed.

image.thumb.png.66d249fc0e604f19a8cebea5268963eb.png

 

Considering I can pull 180+ in the Furious with minimal input... well... yeah... I mean It took two full rocket plane squadron attacks to kill off one escort ship from the transport convoy... you know... the Cruisers they are supposed to be good against.

 

WeeGee if you read this, please buff the German CV's torp damage across the board and extend the arming distance to balance it out, hell make it about 5000 -  5200 at tier 6 (same as Furious) because at 4600 like they are atm they just don't work.

I play an another game with the Parseval and yeap...I train my missile drop and nothing....68 missiles for 0 citadels for bombers 4 for 2 cita and they are too fragile to be honest. And yes those torpedoes does less damages then other type of aircrafts that anoying. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
184 posts
2,363 battles
28 minutes ago, Az_Akagi said:

I play an another game with the Parseval and yeap...I train my missile drop and nothing....68 missiles for 0 citadels for bombers 4 for 2 cita and they are too fragile to be honest. And yes those torpedoes does less damages then other type of aircrafts that anoying. 

Try testing them out in a Training Room with all the different cruisers, and see if there's a trick to it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
Players
6,719 posts
36 minutes ago, Communist_Loli said:

Try testing them out in a Training Room with all the different cruisers, and see if there's a trick to it. 

Yeah there is, if you are not at a 90° angle forget it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
184 posts
2,363 battles
2 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

is that the t10?

T8.

 

T10 isn't going to be released until the next patch I think. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LA_FR]
[LA_FR]
Players
164 posts
2,144 battles
Il y a 45 minutes, Communist_Loli a dit :

Try testing them out in a Training Room with all the different cruisers, and see if there's a trick to it. 

That what l did ^^ but yea... Still no luck or somrthing by atacking at 90 degrees

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[COMFY]
Players
1,399 posts
8,300 battles

AA is finally working. Shot down 27-30 planes of her in tier VIII cruiser no sweat :Smile_trollface:

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
385 posts
2,146 battles
36 minutes ago, Communist_Loli said:

Try testing them out in a Training Room with all the different cruisers, and see if there's a trick to it. 

Figured it out.

 

So some Cruisers are virtually immune to AP rockets no matter what angle you hit them at, TALLINN for example and HIPPER both have stupidly hard to hit Citadels.

 

Tested in the training room and at a perfect broadside...

7 pens

1 Citadel

2 Torp protection hits

 

After trying a few times it seems the only way to Cit strike ships with a very low citadel is to launch at the water right next to them... problem is that the rockets then hit the torpedo bulge or are slowed by the water to a point they don't punch through the ships armor.

 

That said some other ships are hilariously easy to Citadel, the poor Neptune eats rockets like no ones business - 12 citadels  from one attack wave :cap_fainting:

 

So anything with a low citadel is a nightmare for German CV's while anything with a high Citadel and not too thick armor is an XP pinata.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,428 posts
14,187 battles

The T6 is awful Just awful. Every game I played tonight, could not help but want to be in Ark Royal instead. 

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-AP-]
Players
1,296 posts
11,488 battles

Or you guys could stop playing CV.:cap_tea:

 

  • Cool 4
  • Funny 3
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
184 posts
2,363 battles
15 minutes ago, waxx25 said:

Or you guys could stop playing CV.:cap_tea:

 

I think people are free to play what they enjoy...

 

(See the irony in our responses?:Smile_trollface:)

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,352 posts
26 minutes ago, Bear__Necessities said:

The T6 is awful Just awful. Every game I played tonight, could not help but want to be in Ark Royal instead. 

Wow, now that has to be bad, has anyone got the tier 4 CV, seeing a lot of them now in games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
5,025 posts
1 minute ago, Inappropriate_noob said:

Wow, now that has to be bad, has anyone got the tier 4 CV, seeing a lot of them now in games.

 

A CV must be doing something wrong if you actually see them. :Smile_unsure:

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×