NobleSauvage

Problem Launching Game

8 comments in this topic

Players
747 posts

Since updating to 0.9.6 just now, every time I try opening the game with the WorldOfWarships.exe file it starts the WGC instead. Has anyone else been having this issue, and does anyone know how to fix it so that the .exe just launches the game as it used to? I have no wish to use the WGC for anything beyond downloading updates.

I should mention that I've had really slow net recently so it may just be that this was a faulty download of the patch (started yesterday, only just finished this morning). Hopefully I won't have to re-download the whole thing or (even worse) do a full reinstall to make it work again...

Players
7 posts
945 battles

Yup, same here - That is terrible...there is no need for that

What you can do after you start the game is CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+esc & close the game centre down once the game launched....for some strange reason the game still runs perfectly.

• Cool 1

Players
7 posts
8,233 battles

I am getting the same problem - its very very fustrating that starting the game launches gc, which I never use, and if I then run wow there, and then close gc the game starts, then part way through the loading gc restarts itself and the loding halts.

I have to close gc again ( getting annoyed by this point ) before the game load will complete.

Please can you remove the gc dependency from the game start. It adds nothing to the game experience, and even the news etc just repeats itself within game with those very very very very annoyong little red new/alerts.

Players
747 posts

I've been told in another thread (from here to here with a couple in between if you'd like to have a look at the original) that launching the game through the WGC ensures there are no 'damaged files', although as of yet I've still received no answers about exactly what issues that situation is known to cause, or how common it actually is. Personally I've never experienced any faulty starts when launching through the .exe file. Also note that this doesn't explain why the WGC needs to remain active in the background once the game has successfully started up.

I've taken to just alt-tabbing and closing down the WGC once the game itself has loaded fully; there's no requirement to keep the WGC running while you play (yet), apparently.

Players
8 posts
10,346 battles

Can anyone assist with a fix, or corroborate, this problem. The game appears to load ok through WGC. I am playing Co-op presently, and entered into a battle. 2 minutes into the battle, everything freezes - the screen, mouse, keyboard. I can't even exit using Task Manager. I have to sign out, and every time I do that, I am given a Teamkill penalty for leaving the battle early. So far I will be playing 10 battles in pink. I will not play again until there is a patch to download, or someone on the forum can help.

WG Staff
1,378 posts
774 battles
17 hours ago, Dogma_3 said:

Can anyone assist with a fix, or corroborate, this problem. The game appears to load ok through WGC. I am playing Co-op presently, and entered into a battle. 2 minutes into the battle, everything freezes - the screen, mouse, keyboard. I can't even exit using Task Manager. I have to sign out, and every time I do that, I am given a Teamkill penalty for leaving the battle early. So far I will be playing 10 battles in pink. I will not play again until there is a patch to download, or someone on the forum can help.

Hi Captain, 

Have you tried to repair the Client? Also, try to run the game in Safe Mode or update/delete your mods if you have any installed. After a new update mods can create some issue since they are not "synchronized" anymore with your version of the game. If you tried all these options already, I suggest you open a ticket with our Customer Support, including a WGcheck 😊