Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Kirowetz

XP nerf in operations (or a bug?)

84 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[COSTS]
Players
497 posts
11,263 battles

A couple of patches before, the XP reward in operations got "normalized" (aka nerfed). As it seems now with a five stars win and "High contribution" award, you actually got punished and  end up at the bottom end of the teamlist. Is that the "new nerfed normal" or a bug??? Should i file a bug report?

shot-20_07.09_23_13.31-0683.thumb.jpg.314c0667b67e451500b8a314ebe0eb49.jpg

shot-20_07.09_23_13.50-0695.thumb.jpg.56aeda535bda8ec49cb8e3b046d9605e.jpg

 

  • Cool 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,929 posts

It happened to me, the nerf is real. But as for a bug, probably another attempt to push people away from OPs (they removed Narai already to avoid having it used in the grind -again). Have you had the same problem in randoms?

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ALONE]
Modder
2,200 posts
13,809 battles

Saw it on other media and forums, tested it today.

Best base xp i was able to reach with 190k damage was 1090xp.

Also cruisers now seem to get less than other ships - sunk 7 ships and had 150k damage - five stars - still was 3rd on scoreboard with 970 XP.

 

So I it's like I had read - about ~40% less income as before.

I hope that is a bug - else it would be a little shabby, another sneaky ops-nerf without mentioning it in patchnotes. :cap_horn:

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,929 posts
26 minutes ago, Smeggo said:

Saw it on other media and forums, tested it today.

Best base xp i was able to reach with 190k damage was 1090xp.

Also cruisers now seem to get less than other ships - sunk 7 ships and had 150k damage - five stars - still was 3rd on scoreboard with 970 XP.

 

So I it's like I had read - about ~40% less income as before.

I hope that is a bug - else it would be a little shabby, another sneaky ops-nerf without mentioning it in patchnotes. :cap_horn:

It's not a bug man, or it is a very weird bug 'targeting' xp gain. I mean, I've heard of weird things but dis one ups all :)  

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[COSTS]
Players
497 posts
11,263 battles
52 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

It happened to me, the nerf is real. But as for a bug, probably another attempt to push people away from OPs (they removed Narai already to avoid having it used in the grind -again). Have you had the same problem in randoms?

The ranked and randoms were fine and also so were the operations. This was the first time i encountered this bad of an XP nerf. As far as i can say, the last Killer whale and Narai Operations, were like i expected, a noticeably nerf to the XP (approx. 30%), but ok enough, if i performed well. But in this game, it went into negative, after i performed well and that shocked me enough to post here. The game seems to punish you now, for actually carrying in operations. And i still hope that this is just a bug (but i kind of feel....).

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ALONE]
Modder
2,200 posts
13,809 battles

Just saw that on NA. It's like the scoreboard is inverted...

1375531456_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2020_07.08-20_35_34_60.thumb.png.3c68c9c2677718dc64a102bf494845d4.png

2068318409_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2020_07.08-20_36_22_66.thumb.png.7a1bdafe6f38dd75f8a1d75731a51d81.png

 

Bizarre. Gonna try that tomorrow - die in minute 2, earn lots of XP/credits. :fish_aqua:

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,929 posts
3 minutes ago, Smeggo said:

Just saw that on NA. It's like the scoreboard is inverted...

1375531456_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2020_07.08-20_35_34_60.thumb.png.3c68c9c2677718dc64a102bf494845d4.png

2068318409_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2020_07.08-20_36_22_66.thumb.png.7a1bdafe6f38dd75f8a1d75731a51d81.png

 

Bizarre. Gonna try that tomorrow - die in minute 2, earn lots of XP/credits. :fish_aqua:

they nerf it so hard it went in the minus good grief

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
386 posts
2,151 battles

@MrConway any input?

 

I have noticed this too, pulling the same if not better performance than I did last time Aegis was up but now getting less XP in my CV than some BB's who spent most of the match sailing the wrong way.

 

Is this linked to the Narai bug?

Could you fix it please (preferably without removing Ops all together)

 

It's making grinding the new German CV's a bit of a pain.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,929 posts
2 minutes ago, DeviousDave02 said:

 

 

 

It's making grinding the new German CV's a bit of a pain.

I have a sneaky suspicion it works as intended lol

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ALONE]
Modder
2,200 posts
13,809 battles

Or all coders are currently working on submarines and are only allowed to fix operations during the toilet break. :fish_panic:

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
386 posts
2,151 battles
4 minutes ago, Smeggo said:

Or all coders are currently working on submarines and are only allowed to fix operations during the toilet break. :fish_panic:

That's.... scarily believable.... You don't work for WarGaming do you... this isn't a first hand account is it? :Smile_trollface:

 

Blink twice if they have you under duress as they force you to work on OPs on your lunch break as all other coding time is spent on submersible cash cows err.... Submarines.

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ANV]
Players
551 posts
4,707 battles

Operations getting the shaft as per usual. Move along nothing to see here comrade 

  • Funny 1
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ALONE]
Modder
2,200 posts
13,809 battles

Alright, tested it.

 

Charged in, did 5k damage and died in minute 2.

Got 1.2k base XP and was top of the leaderboard (5 stars).

 

I guess that operation will be pulled too. :Smile_bajan2:

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WTFNO]
Players
596 posts
10,382 battles

Unbelievable. WG never ceases to amaze :D

I really hope the chinese clone will become playable somehow as an alternative

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,612 posts
10,814 battles

Here is an interesting thought tho: Why does it happen? Obviously, the more damage you deal, some mechanic lowers your XP. That cant come out of nowhere. Obviously, it went wrong. Possibly because the multiplier is set too high? What was the goal, the intention? Something like that doesnt "just happen". Someone touched the way the XP was calculated. Why? To nerf extreme results in operations, so you dont get insane XP anymore? Yes, thats how it looks like from over here. And it falls inline with all the other recent operations "reworks" - that were just scapegoats to nerf XP income / remove the possibility to fast grind in operations.

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,612 posts
10,814 battles
1 minute ago, Latouche_Treville said:

it's a shame :

 

This is a joke. Its disgusting. I just lost all trust in the XP tables in the game. Could all be artificially "balanced". WG, if you really want people to quit this game - you are doing a good job.

  • Cool 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
329 posts
3,673 battles
Il y a 4 minutes, ForlornSailor a dit :

Here is an interesting thought tho: Why does it happen? Obviously, the more damage you deal, some mechanic lowers your XP. That cant come out of nowhere. Obviously, it went wrong. Possibly because the multiplier is set too high? What was the goal, the intention? Something like that doesnt "just happen". Someone touched the way the XP was calculated. Why? To nerf extreme results in operations, so you dont get insane XP anymore? Yes, thats how it looks like from over here. And it falls inline with all the other recent operations "reworks" - that were just scapegoats to nerf XP income / remove the possibility to fast grind in operations.

One rocket went off its course because someone omits the minus sign in a line of code.

That means they fiddled with the code lines managing XP gains, but that may well mean there was a brainfart moment ....

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BABBY]
Players
713 posts
10,540 battles
22 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Here is an interesting thought tho: Why does it happen? Obviously, the more damage you deal, some mechanic lowers your XP. That cant come out of nowhere. Obviously, it went wrong. Possibly because the multiplier is set too high? What was the goal, the intention? Something like that doesnt "just happen". Someone touched the way the XP was calculated. Why? To nerf extreme results in operations, so you dont get insane XP anymore? Yes, thats how it looks like from over here. And it falls inline with all the other recent operations "reworks" - that were just scapegoats to nerf XP income / remove the possibility to fast grind in operations.

Obviously if your damage is too high it means you are a selfish damage farming kulak that deprives the team of xp and therefore your xp needs to be subjected to immediate redistribution, comrade.

  • Funny 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SERBS]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,431 posts
8,362 battles

Looks like the more you deal dmg the lesser you get. Played couple of games last night and it is defo when you have a better game you're getting lesser XP. 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,901 battles

Still it is probably intended to force players into PvP mode. Just like the pitiful rewards in coop are. 

 

When you think of it they resorted to using bots in lower tier PvP.  That could mean when player numbers start to dwindle in t6 to t7 tiers WG probably wants to cut all PvE modes to force players into PvP. 

 

The flaw in thinking must be you will then play PvP more. I will be more probably playing other games then as PvE ( a range of game modes ) is important for me. 

 

 

 

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
747 posts
10 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Still it is probably intended to force players into PvP mode. Just like the pitiful rewards in coop are. 

 

When you think of it they resorted to using bots in lower tier PvP.  That could mean when player numbers start to dwindle in t6 to t7 tiers WG probably wants to cut all PvE modes to force players into PvP. 

 

The flaw in thinking must be you will then play PvP more. I will be more probably playing other games then.

 

It's sad that this is so obviously true, it doesn't seem like WG are even trying to hide it anymore. Less and less it seems like this game is developed for the players' benefit, and more for the spreadsheet all the time. It's really sad because Ops is a really cool game mode, but it seems that the only updates it will get from here on in are ones designed specifically to make it worse.

 

13 hours ago, lossi_2018 said:

It happened to me, the nerf is real. But as for a bug, probably another attempt to push people away from OPs (they removed Narai already to avoid having it used in the grind -again). Have you had the same problem in randoms?

I hadn't noticed that Narai had been sent to the gulag again; what excuse did they give for it this time, out of interest?

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ANV]
Players
551 posts
4,707 battles
12 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Still it is probably intended to force players into PvP mode. Just like the pitiful rewards in coop are. 

 

When you think of it they resorted to using bots in lower tier PvP.  That could mean when player numbers start to dwindle in t6 to t7 tiers WG probably wants to cut all PvE modes to force players into PvP. 

 

The flaw in thinking must be you will then play PvP more. I will be more probably playing other games then as PvE ( a range of game modes ) is important for me. 

 

 

 

I solely played COOP for years. I only started RANDOM when I realised so many of the missions couldn't be completed in Coop; the rewards were so poor etc. I feel like I was forced into it. 

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,929 posts
19 minutes ago, NobleSauvage said:

It's sad that this is so obviously true, it doesn't seem like WG are even trying to hide it anymore. Less and less it seems like this game is developed for the players' benefit, and more for the spreadsheet all the time. It's really sad because Ops is a really cool game mode, but it seems that the only updates it will get from here on in are ones designed specifically to make it worse.

 

I hadn't noticed that Narai had been sent to the gulag again; what excuse did they give for it this time, out of interest?

It didnt give scores. They posted it in the NA server as if the prob was there. I have accounts on both, played Narai fanatically all day, had no probs and no one I know complained (all OP gurus). I'm prob lucky, but seeing as I haven't won anythign ever here, it extremely strange I was the only one who didn't have problem seeing the final card the one day it was on. In my humble and usually not well liked opinion, they lied and pulled it for another nerf ala Aegis (it gives less creds and xp now the better you play)

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×