Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Fischminister

Spending coal

22 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
7 posts
3,206 battles

Hi fellow lases and lads,

finally got enough coal. What should is spend it on, or should  I wait?

Right now my eyes are on Thunderer or Georgia. Not that much of an DD player so would skip that part.

So that would you do?

If possible please with reason why

Thank you very much.

p.s. you could also have a look on my stats if that helps you:fish_happy:

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Moderator, Players
1,268 posts
8,683 battles

Hello,

Both similar ships in terms of their speed and flanking potential and both can be run with a secondary build. However note the Jean Bart is a better captain trainer than the Georgia, if you have a massachusetts then you can use a secondary-spec captain on both the Massa and Georgia. The similarities stop there however, Georgia is a tankier battleship and its primary focus will be on battleships and heavy cruisers but at T9 that is what you're mostly going to see. However the Jean Bart due to only being armed with 15" guns, unlike the 18" guns of the Georgia, will suffer from ricochets and lack of penetrations unless you have a very decent broadside. This means with Jean Bart you will have to think ahead on your ammunition type and your position, unlike Georgia where you can get away with a slightly more relaxed playstyle. This rings particularly true to Jean Bart's thin plated armour, you will suffer from overmatch damage, HE shells and fires easily.

Both are good battleships, it's hard to pick one over the other so think about which one would suit you best and which one you would like more. Personally I find Jean Bart to be the more interesting ship, to play and history-wise however make no mistake Georgia is a very strong contender.

Just pick Thunderer, superior ship.

Kind regards,

Minia

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[BIF]
Players
338 posts
4,989 battles

Had this dilemma like a week ago. Then i thought i have enough UK BB for now, ( DoY, Nelson, Warspite ), so i took Georgia, since my only US prem BB was the Texas. Hoo boy. Since that, i had not a single thought of regretting. Her speed is hilarious, running around with 40 knots with very accurate secondaries. Only 6 main guns, but those hit really hard, and accurate too. Reload can be reduced to 23 second, which aint bad either.

Dont have dedicated commander yet, but i am close to get Halsey, so probably he gonna take Georgia's helm.

@CptMinia

Did the OP edited his post? Cause its Thunderer vs the Georgia now, not Jean Bart.

• Cool 1

Players
8,406 posts
9,218 battles
7 minutes ago, CptMinia said:

Jean Bart

But... the options are Georgia or Thunderer...

Well, weird, maybe editted, but JB isn't available anyway.

• Angry 1

[TRID]
Players
258 posts
5,198 battles
6 minutes ago, CptMinia said:

Hello,

Both similar ships in terms of their speed and flanking potential and both can be run with a secondary build. However note the Jean Bart is a better captain trainer than the Georgia, if you have a massachusetts then you can use a secondary-spec captain on both the Massa and Georgia. The similarities stop there however, Georgia is a tankier battleship and its primary focus will be on battleships and heavy cruisers but at T9 that is what you're mostly going to see. However the Jean Bart due to only being armed with 15" guns, unlike the 18" guns of the Georgia, will suffer from ricochets and lack of penetrations unless you have a very decent broadside. This means with Jean Bart you will have to think ahead on your ammunition type and your position, unlike Georgia where you can get away with a slightly more relaxed playstyle. This rings particularly true to Jean Bart's thin plated armour, you will suffer from overmatch damage, HE shells and fires easily.

Both are good battleships, it's hard to pick one over the other so think about which one would suit you best and which one you would like more. Personally I find Jean Bart to be the more interesting ship, to play and history-wise however make no mistake Georgia is a very strong contender.

Kind regards,

Minia

You big tease, I wish JB was still available for coal! :fish_glass:

• Angry 1

Players
117 posts

^ Jean Bart is no longer available for Coal, they removed it along with Smolensk a while ago.

As for the question, Thunderer if you want a overpowered ship that's easy to play.

Georgia if you want a Credit maker that's good, but not overpowered.

Players
8,406 posts
9,218 battles

Yeah, Thunderer > Georgia for me. Thunderer is just insanely strong and a ship I can always go back to, because whether I want to tryhard, be casual or just watch the world burn, Thunderer will be comfortable and reliable.

[SM0KE]
Players
5,876 posts
14,139 battles
1 hour ago, Fischminister said:

So that would you do?

If it was one or the other, probably Thunderer, although mainly on the grounds that there seems to be a view that it'll be removed from sale first.

On a vaguely related note, so far anyway, once a T10 is gone, it's gone, whereas the T9s have tended to turn up as bait for the Xmas gambling boxes (although that pretty much requires that you whale most mightily, as you seem to generally get just about every clunker first, before something more desirable drops).

After that, if it were me, I would think in terms of what I already had, and which one I had a better captain for (or was able to get soon enough to be useful), and what I most needed the chosen ship to do. As far as I can see, Thunderer is simply a very good vanilla T10 BB, so you don't need to do anything weird with a captain for her and she'll just do BB things very effectively. Georgia is a bit more weird, and is the superior credit earner (she's a full premium); I find her to be more fun too, but don't listen to a word I say on the technical merits of BBs - I'm bloody awful in all of them!

• Cool 1

[BIF]
Players
338 posts
4,989 battles
14 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

what I most needed the chosen ship to do.

This was one of my reasons to choose her. I only have the Scharn as a " go-to " ship for secondary hit missions, but she only has 8km max secondary range , which i found alot of times too low. I am a coop player, and there sometimes the battle is over with good teammates, even before you get in range. Or you have a much faster yolo DD who torps to death the only battleships that spawned on your flank.

With Georgia's speed and 11km secondaries, this wont be a problem at all anymore.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
5,876 posts
14,139 battles
5 minutes ago, K82J said:

With Georgia's speed and 11km secondaries, this wont be a problem at all anymore.

This is pretty much what I do with Georgia at least three-quarters of the time...

[-TCP-]
Players
220 posts

I have both Georgia and Thunderer. Thunderer is easy life but boring, an accountant eating quiche. 

Georgia is much more red light district, fast, gets close and sprays everywhere. I run sec build with concealment and tank elements (19 pt captain) Great fun but don't tell your mum.

• Cool 1

[-RDE-]
[-RDE-]
Players
122 posts
11,099 battles
2 hours ago, Fischminister said:

Hi fellow lases and lads,

finally got enough coal. What should is spend it on, or should  I wait?

Right now my eyes are on Thunderer or Georgia. Not that much of an DD player so would skip that part.

So that would you do?

If possible please with reason why

Thank you very much.

p.s. you could also have a look on my stats if that helps you:fish_happy:

You won't regret either but if you just want to watch the world burn then Thunderer. :)

[SHAD]
Players
2,729 posts
12,075 battles

Georgia and Thunderer are both very strong for their tier but the Thunderer is never uptiered.

Both have got accurate guns and good AP but the Georgia has secondaries and speed while the Thunderer has concealment and great HE.

Both are fun and a unique experience but my vote goes to Thunderer

Players
186 posts
3,185 battles
10 hours ago, Fischminister said:

finally got enough coal. What should is spend it on

Georgia, definitely.

I'm still 97k coal away from the Georgia, but I'm set on getting it no matter what.

I already have the Massachusetts and I love it. Hilarious even with here inaccurate guns and slow speed.

Those 2ndaries are so much fun, especially with Halsey at the helm.

When I get the Georgia, Halsey's gonna take command of it, and I will put a new captain on my Massa.

Players
310 posts
18,711 battles

Thunderer is ridiculously strong but boring as hell, and if you want everyone to hate you nearly as much as a Smolensk player, get her. If you prefer balls to the wall, get properly in the fight, Georgia is the one. I got Thunderer only as I assumed it'll get removed from the armoury at some point, played 11 battles, probably won't play it again.

[K-W-O]
Players
22 posts
10,190 battles

They both play really different and can hardly be compared.

What BB lines did you enjoy most until now?
The Thunderer is more of a Sniper/HE spammer ( The AP is super good, don't spam HE ;) ). The accuracy on it is actually very good, nothing BB wise can really compare to it. The shell velocity is quite okay aswell, not bad like the USA guns. If your aim is on point, you will enjoy it very much. Don't get me wrong, you can push in it. But only like mid to late game. The rudder shift is also stupidly good, which makes kiting/weaving and dodging torps easy. I personally went for full rudder shift build. A lot of cruisers don't even come close to the rudder shift it has then. It's heal is also very nice.

The Georgia is more of a in your face kind of ship. It can be fun with a secondary build. However normal 'tank' build works best.
It's stupidly fast aswell which is fun and can be very surprising. The guns are okayish, but you only have 6 of them and they have the usual american shell characteristics, which I don't like much personally.

Both are totally different, and it's hard to say which one beats the other. 
I enjoy both and do well in both but in my opinion the Thunderer is the superior ship.

So think about what playstyle you like most and pick one. I'm sure you'd enjoy both.

[CRRZY]
Players
78 posts
2,024 battles

Thunderer lol its skill floor is literally shoot HE and watch the world burn (63% stock fire chance, 26 stock reload)

Experienced players will use the AP which is very powerful and can delete so many ships. It has better fuse time than RN bbs so lots of citadels, just weak armor but if you keep distance you should be fine

[KAKE]
Players
2,666 posts
6,404 battles
On 7/10/2020 at 9:10 AM, Bad_Mojo_incoming said:

When I get the Georgia, Halsey's gonna take command of it, and I will put a new captain on my Massa.

Erm. They're both premiums, why do you need different captains? :fish_book:

Players
186 posts
3,185 battles
15 hours ago, Uglesett said:

They're both premiums, why do you need different captains?

Ehm, cz I want to keep sailing my Massa too? Is that a valid point?

I love 2ndary action. Makes it feel even more like a naval battle in my eye.

[KAKE]
Players
2,666 posts
6,404 battles
1 minute ago, Bad_Mojo_incoming said:

Ehm, cz I want to keep sailing my Massa too? Is that a valid point?

Erm.

You do know that you can move captains between premiums without retraining, right?

If you're planning on running both with a secondary build there's no point in having separate captains.

• Cool 1

Players
186 posts
3,185 battles
2 hours ago, Uglesett said:

If you're planning on running both with a secondary build there's no point in having separate captains.

Well, I do plan to train a new captain to take the helm of my Massa, if I want to farm, then I don't have to wait for 1 farmer ship to come out of the battle, I can use the other.

I am by no means a good player, so I sometimes die early in a battle after overextending myself or I get an unlucky hit and blow up, either way, I would have to wait for the battle to be over before I could start a new farming round. With 2 farmer ships I won't have to wait, and I can use the same playstyle.

Sign in to follow this