Sign in to follow this  
_Lupastro_

IMO the new sound is horrendous.. it's just me?

14 comments in this topic

Players
427 posts
8,204 battles

As title I think that the new sound add just confusion and not a new experience...:Smile_sceptic:

Why can I hear the bounce or shattering of MY bullets on a ship 15 to 20 km away?  Or the sound of the HE blast, which by the way looks like a copy of the sound of Shikishima cannons? Or rather, I understand the sound of HE, but not of the shots not penetrated or exploded.

It would make more sense if I heard the sound of enemy bullets bouncing off my ship.
I have to say that this amount of "unnecessary" sounds cause me a bit of confusion and annoyance during the battle.

I know it's not a major problem compared to others. I just wanted to share an opinion. :Smile_smile:

• Cool 7

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles

It does sound odd on occasion. The hits on enemy ships do seem too loud at times.

Not sure about this, but it sounds like voices in the background at times too. Might be people talking IRL outside, but I reacted to it a few times, wondering if it was in game or not. Might as well bring it up to see if I'm alone hearing voices.... :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

Players
427 posts
8,204 battles
1 ora fa, loppantorkel ha scritto:

It does sound odd on occasion. The hits on enemy ships do seem too loud at times.

Not sure about this, but it sounds like voices in the background at times too. Might be people talking IRL outside, but I reacted to it a few times, wondering if it was in game or not. Might as well bring it up to see if I'm alone hearing voices.... :Smile_hiding:

ah thank God!  I thought I was crazy and hear voices...

I also had the feeling of background voices. I even thought: coooool! maybe are the voices of the ship's crew!!

• Cool 1

[TAYTO]
Players
811 posts
8,561 battles

It's awful.
When your choice is to not play, or turn every sound effect off, you know there was nothing improved with this improvement.

• Cool 2

[SERBS]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,428 posts
8,346 battles

It's not only you. 

• Cool 1

[CEBAB]
Players
8 posts
10,542 battles

The "funny" part about the sound-issues: almost every patch they tell us: We have improved the sounds. Well...no. Every other patch, sound-settings get completely screwed over and the result is just pure garbage.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
21 posts
8,059 battles

Noise pollution is exactly what this is. The choice is between turning the effects off or getting a mental disorder with time. Or aggravating an existing one. No matter if by hell knows what reason you happen to like it.

Funny thing is it was equally bad on the PTS,  and yet this "improvement" passed with flying colours.

Any lawyers playing the game by chance? I'm sure creating a harmful environment can make a nice lawsuit    :cap_haloween:

• Cool 3

[AGRES]
Players
163 posts
10,608 battles

planes have to have cool bass deep turbo sound, cool propeler sound. 

cannt get, that they are not vabaple to do an cool atractive planes enegine / propeler sounds. 

Players
7 posts
8,233 battles

Agree , the new sounds seems to be something the devs created after a good night out and then threw them into the game because they though it sounded cool.

There are now so many "game affect" sounds that add nothing to the game play that its getting really annoying.

At least have a propper audio configuration section so I can turn this and other sounds off - the bell when the bs guns reload is another one i hate.

I am not a 5 year old who goes ohh ahh at sensory overload.

• Cool 1

[RMKI]
[RMKI]
Players
13 posts

I have to agree, I played today my first matches in this patch... and my god, my ears! Just what the heck have the devs done this time, totally bugged and distracting sound effects...