Flandre Bug Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
VanHelgen

What do you guys think of the hideous new ship screen?

90 comments in this topic

Players
3,037 posts
2 hours ago, Asashio_Kai_Nii said:

But I don't understand... What more needs to be on the page... all information that can possibly relate to equipment is already visible... there is nothing else that would make sense to be put on this page.

It makes me feel kind of dumb not seeing the issue you have with it.

They could have used the space to put text with info and they didn't making it all seem sparse. You could see all that info without moving the cursor previously. The idea is not bad, but it needs more work and polish. It is good you like it and can use it, but people are a bit confused as the memory isn't there. More polish. They rushed it. To get some perspective, this awful update (the list of strange stuff is on another popular post here) has one good thing and that is the UI but it is not finished seemingly. They rushed the whole thing for no obvious reason.

• Cool 3

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,515 posts
8 hours ago, Asashio_Kai_Nii said:

But I don't understand... What more needs to be on the page... all information that can possibly relate to equipment is already visible... there is nothing else that would make sense to be put on this page.

It makes me feel kind of dumb not seeing the issue you have with it.

Not dumb at all! I wasn't really being constructive, using hyperbole to make my point.

Also, I wasn't specifically talking to you (didn't make that obvious, I know), I was mostly just reacting to your wording. 

But to answer the question: 

• the name of the next ship in the line, plus the previous ship in the line. You know, to feel like I'm actually researching a ship, not just spending a ton of time invested resources on a pixel
  • the calibre of the guns, hull name, all that text that was there before
  • just a small text beneath the consumable that is selected
  • a small text beneath the ammo type. Yes most ships will have HE and AP, but there is also SAP, plus the UK cruisers that only have AP
  • just the name of the module selected
  • depending on the amount of space left aftere all that (I think there would still be plenty left), you could even include some numbers. For example "30s / 9km" for Cleveland's radar, or "387hp / 28s" for Warspite's heal

I could understand the information not being there for lack of space (that was the reason nobody ever complained about it not being there in the previous iteration), but there is plenty of empty space they could use for something useful. 

Also, it is a completely idiotic design choice that I can't see the XP collected on my ship without clicking on the "equipment" button. And to that one guy here who said "hurr durr no clicking required, just hover over your captain", that is not a solution as it doesn't work when there's no captain selected on that ship. 

• Cool 5

[THESO]
Players
7,909 posts
40,360 battles

Seems like they wanna bring some elements from the WoWs Legends into PC. Not looking good for me.

Players
1,956 posts
5,157 battles

I much preferred the old one because it looked better and gave me more information, the new one smells of mobile device, not a great smell, sure, but it doesn't bother me that much, just some extra clicks to get the information I want. I would categorize this under first world problems.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SERBS]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,623 posts
9,595 battles

Looks awful and misleading.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,848 posts
17,756 battles

Hi all,

On 7/9/2020 at 1:05 PM, VanHelgen said:

My eyes are bleeding

image.thumb.png.c2ac2c1ba35ae41b3c9eb29ae20955e3.png

It would be nice if they eventually added something to modstation to remove it.

Our Forumite and great MODder @OlliN already expanded his MOD with new functionality! :Smile_great::Smile_honoring:

Equipment tab improvements - adds ship names and images to the equipment tab

modules.png.c89ad4af43aa63b7138db9f0846fe638.png

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 3

Modder
5,214 posts
23,491 battles

Ollin mod combined with my mod will look like this. Changes: at background You can rotate Your ship (becouse why not ?) and old modules icons.

shot-20_07.13_05_58.29-0008.thumb.jpg.269339b69f3fc69cbd1770f6cba8b6cd.jpg

Probably I will remove those black backgrounds and  modules borders to make it fully transparent like it was before.

image.png.d6c06bb29546a0791d1ceec747c3d3

• Cool 5

[AMOK]
Players
1,966 posts
8,688 battles
Am 9.7.2020 um 20:14, Bellegar sagte:

It's like designers of today are thinking "let's take everything out.

I'm not sure if proper designers were involved at all. I am afraid in many areas people are jumping around whose only claim is "something with media".

Every idiot thinks he can design and conceptualize things from different areas. The result of this kind of overestimation of one's own abilities can be found on every corner. There is a reason why you can study things like architecture, communication design and so on. Very few of them are autodidacts and good at the same time.

Edit: What i forgot to mention. You don't need to have studied to do it better than what WG presented. As some posters above showed you "just" need some connection to the game and a user perspective.

[NWP]
Players
1,434 posts
12,223 battles

I would find it logical if they wanted to have the same interface across platforms...

and all changes look like they are going that direction.

This one looks a lot PSlike

• Cool 1

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,515 posts
4 hours ago, Saltface said:

I would find it logical if they wanted to have the same interface across platforms...

and all changes look like they are going that direction.

This one looks a lot PSlike

I agree, it does make sense. 

If this is what they have on PlayStation, they should change the PlayStation interface to the old PC interface. Those poor console peasants deserve a proper game too! :fish_viking:

[TRID]
Players
290 posts
5,591 battles

Really really dislike this new layout.

More to the point, this feels like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic, why spend resources on this nonsense that didn't need "fixed" when there are so many other "issues" with the game that are more deserving of attention?

Modder
5,214 posts
23,491 battles

And this is a final version (mixed with Ollin mod) in its full glory :-). Now I must do some small fixes and write an installation script.

shot-20_07.14_06_00.57-0751.thumb.jpg.ffc1b26513b2458bffb6df43f91739e1.jpg

shot-20_07.14_06_02.18-0987.thumb.jpg.34cc85a05efc8451a59f9914b9040249.jpg

• Cool 3