You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
skottorp

14 comments in this topic

[31ER]
Players
3 posts
5,458 battles

I am sure that this topic has been up to debate... but im not a forum poster. I have been playing for the last 4-5 years and reasently noticed "karma"...  and i have followed it day by day and it swaps between 1 and 2. I never abuse languige, never get angry att other players (im 54 and have children so im use to this), I often gives a "Well done" to my team mates...  But what is Karma for? Does it make my stats bad? How do i rase Karma, do i have to send money by Pay pal to other players in my team??? If not... skip the blody Karma because there are teenage players who are more sensetive to this than i am...

If its just for show... skip KARMA... just let us play.

• Cool 2

Players
1,987 posts
2 minutes ago, skottorp said:

I am sure that this topic has been up to debate... but im not a forum poster. I have been playing for the last 4-5 years and reasently noticed "karma"...  and i have followed it day by day and it swaps between 1 and 2. I never abuse languige, never get angry att other players (im 54 and have children so im use to this), I often gives a "Well done" to my team mates...  But what is Karma for? Does it make my stats bad? How do i rase Karma, do i have to send money by Pay pal to other players in my team??? If not... skip the blody Karma because there are teenage players who are more sensetive to this than i am...

It is literally one of the most useless features of the game. Basically it is good for nothing. Don't even worry about it, or forget it exists. I'm serious. :)

• Cool 3

[CN_]
Moderator, WoWs Wiki Team, Freibeuter
2,090 posts
6,655 battles

The only effect of karma is that with a high amount of karma you get a few more reports/compliments (maximum is 11/11) instead of the default 7/7

Players
1,772 posts
18,925 battles

As far as I can tell karma is a vent for when people are annoyed by a bad teammate or when a sensitive soul is killed and they don't like it. 

It allows people a way to express their annoyance and avoids lots of angry messages in chat which then would then potentially result in a lot more work for WGs staff. 

Its really a worthless thing but hey if it means I loose a few karma when I kill a couple of angry people or on the rare occasion carry a team to victory and get a compliment it's better than loads of angry messages. 

[-AP-]
Players
1,296 posts
11,488 battles

I have positive karma and I am pretty toxic in general.

Usually happens when you do something really good during a match, carry hard, save a teammate or blap the CV.

Beta Tester
1,563 posts
17,520 battles
Vor 8 Stunden, skottorp sagte:

If you were able to ignore Karma for 5 years, do yourself the favor and just ignore it for another 5 years.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[CRRZY]
Players
78 posts
2,024 battles

It would be good if Karma did something with MM to make it so that you get paired with someone at your karma level or something, but otherwise its for those supersensitive souls that will report anyone that did something they dont like (even if its right)

[31ER]
Players
3 posts
5,458 battles

Thx for all the answers and info... I will place a bick nice Post-It patch over my karma and just play on then. Thx for all mates :)

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
545 posts
1,723 battles

I lost Karma for congratulating my team for winning a hard match.

So I now ignore it........

Though I do still compliment players for playing well or having good manners.....

Players
1,772 posts
18,925 battles

I got reported by a Smolensk today because I killed him in Yamato after I rushed his smoke screen and I survived - felt even better than being complimented 

[TUSKS]
Players
65 posts
9 minutes ago, lovelacebeer said:

I got reported by a Smolensk today because I killed him in Yamato after I rushed his smoke screen and I survived - felt even better than being complimented 

How do you see if you get reported, and what you get reported for? I get that the karma go down, but mine is allmost always 0 anyway :Smile_medal:

Players
1,772 posts
18,925 battles
7 minutes ago, Bumblenit said:

How do you see if you get reported, and what you get reported for? I get that the karma go down, but mine is allmost always 0 anyway :Smile_medal:

You wont know the reason why but they guy was rather salty in chat after I killed him so I know who it was. I got a post battle notification saying I had been reported and took a quick look and yes it had gone down by one ( not that it matters).