Sign in to follow this  
PsychoClownfish

Worcester captain build question

9 comments in this topic

Players
162 posts

So I have an 18 point commander for the Worcester. Have assigned 14 points, don't really know where to put the rest. Any tips would be greatly appreciated, and please elaborate on why. I am hesitant to put them in SI because in Seattle, I hardly ever used up consumables anyway. But maybe I'll gid gud enuf one day. ;)

Current build:

image.thumb.png.f5511e8eb1f82957ac14a93cb9901a63.png

Upgrades:

image.png.f64ad0395369e9c7b763d886ee1399cd.png

[CATS]
Players
31,005 posts
15,701 battles

You need Adrenalin Rush as it increases your firepower.

You can also think about Superintendent to get more heal and radar.

• Cool 1

Players
162 posts

Superintendent makes sense. Wooster has a lot of consumables, so there's that. AR seems kinda silly, if I lose 50% of my HP, I get a 0.4 second faster reload, which is already at 4.6... Doesn't seem worth it. Rather put it in High Alert then.

[CATS]
Players
31,005 posts
15,701 battles

50% HP gives you 10% more DPM.

10% more DPM for small guns costs 3 Skill points and a lot of people take that skill for their DD.

Players
162 posts
8 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

50% HP gives you 10% more DPM.

10% more DPM for small guns costs 3 Skill points and a lot of people take that skill for their DD.

I guess that's another way of looking at it. 

Players
222 posts
12,144 battles

If you've got the coal, Surveillance radar mod 2 in upgrade slot 2 works nice. Adding another 8 seconds to the duration of each radar consumable.

Also, what about Main battery mod 3 in sixth slot. Increases your dpm by another 13%. With health at 50%, combining that with AR gets your reload down to around 3.6 seconds. DPM increase of 23%

Or if you really want the AA build then probably BFT is worth considering to stack with AAM2 you've gone with. Bare in mind though even with all that its not going to stop you getting dropped. But the CV might decide to go for a less expensive target instead

[LEEUW]
Players
3,138 posts
10,750 battles

@PsychoClownfish
I'd take Incoming Fire Alert as well.

It saves you from getting dev struck a lot.

You will either sit stationary behind islands a lot or you are open water gunboating: In both situations it will be useful to know if a secondary target opens up at you, perhaps on your broadside.

That gives you the four or five seconds that are needed to hit the brakes and rudder and avoid getting hit hard.

It saved me a lot of early returns to port.

Sign in to follow this