TheWarJaC

0.9.6 - General Feedback

109 comments in this topic

WG Staff
2,524 posts
931 battles

Hi Captains,

The Update 0.9.6 is coming! As always, at this thread, you can leave your general feedback and impressions about this last path of the game.

Here some more details about the update: 

update 0.9.6.png

Note: Due to the installation of the Update, the server will be unavailable.

From: Thu. 09 Jul. 07:00 CEST (UTC+2) / your local time: Thu. 09 Jul. 07:00

To: Thu. 09 Jul. 10:00 CEST (UTC+2) / your local time: Thu. 09 Jul. 10:00

Update size: 3.2 GB

OTHER CHANGES

LowTier Matchmaker Changes

b1aa07e6-bfa0-11ea-ac36-8cdcd4b147d4.jpg

When playing low-tier ships (Tiers I through V) in Random Battles, teams often entered battle with an incomplete roster. Such a situation could occur due to the fact that most of the activity in our game take place at higher tiers. Now, if the waiting time spent by the first player in the queue exceeds 3 minutes, the remaining places in the teams will be occupied by bots.

• In Tier I–IV battles, bots are equal in strength to the bots in Co-op Battles.
  • In Tier V battles, bots have received improved AI and fight at the skill level of those in Operations.

Matchmaker Changes for Newcomers

• The number of battles a player needs to fight in order to be placed in the general queue for Random Battles has been increased from 69 to 200. Thus a new player will gain more game experience before moving on to general Random Battles. If any newcomers decide they are ready to fight with experienced players, they will be able to enter battle playing Tier V ships:
  • A player who has played 200 battles or less and enters battle playing Tier I–IV ships will be placed in the queue for newcomers only.
  • A player who has played 200 battles or less and enters battle playing a ship of Tier V or above will be placed in the general queue.
  • Players who have played more than 200 battles will always be placed in the general queue.
  • If the waiting time spent by the first player in the queue exceeds 3 minutes, battles are possible where there is only one live player mirrored by a bot. In this case, the rest of the player’s team will be filled out with bots, and the opposing team will also be filled with bots, mirroring the player’s team in terms of ship tiers and types.

Matchmaker Changes in Low-Tier Random Battles

• In Tier I–V Random Battles, bots will be added until complete teams are formed if the waiting time spent by the first player in the queue exceeds 3 minutes. A battle will only be matched if the general queue contains at least one pair of players playing ships of the same tier.
  • If players have ships of different types, then after 3 minutes of waiting in the queue, they will be mirrored by bot ships of the same types and tiers, and the teams will be complemented with bots within the limits for ship types and tiers for this particular battle tier. It means each team will have the same number of bots.
  • A visual notification about the maximum waiting time and possibility of matching bots to the battle has been added to the battle loading screen.

Game Balance Changes 

b2033cb2-bfa0-11ea-871c-8cdcd4b147d4.jpg

In Update 0.9.6, we've made changes to the parameters of certain ships based on our analysis of their battle efficiency and feedback from players. Such changes were required in order to carefully adjust the balance of selected warships. Further changes may follow, should they be required, in future updates.

List of changes:

Damage from the armor-penetrating bombs of carrier aircraft has been reduced by an average of 17%:

update 096 2.png

AP bombs require greater player skill than HE bombs, but when correctly used, their effectiveness is higher. The revamped aircraft carriers are a relatively young ship type, and most players have only recently learned how to use them effectively. Since the damage they caused became excessively high, we decided to systemically reduce the maximum damage dealt by AP bombs without reducing their armor penetration capabilities.

Tier VIII Japanese aircraft carrier Shōkaku

• Armor penetration of bombs dropped by researchable bombers increased by 8%.

Tier VIII German aircraft carriers Graf Zeppelin and Graf Zeppelin B

• Bomber aiming speed increased by 15%.

Tier V–X U.S. destroyers Nicholas, Farragut, Mahan, Benson, Fletcher, and Gearing

• The bonus to continuous AA damage provided by the Defensive AA Fire consumable increased from +50% to +75%.

Tier X Italian cruiser Venezia

• The angle value that is used as the starting point for checking an SAP shell hit for a ricochet reduced from 75 to 70 degrees.
  • Main battery reload time increased from 20 to 20.5 s.
  • Rudder-shift time increased from 11.6 to 12.6 s.

Engine Boost Modification 1 upgrade

• The bonus to the action time of the Engine Boost consumable reduced from +50% to +40%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want instead to leave feedback about a particular feature of the update you can do it here:

• Funny 1

Players
2,797 posts
33,769 battles
19 hours ago, TheWarJaC said:

OTHER CHANGES

LowTier Matchmaker Changes

b1aa07e6-bfa0-11ea-ac36-8cdcd4b147d4.jpg

When playing low-tier ships (Tiers I through V) in Random Battles, teams often entered battle with an incomplete roster. Such a situation could occur due to the fact that most of the activity in our game take place at higher tiers. Now, if the waiting time spent by the first player in the queue exceeds 3 minutes, the remaining places in the teams will be occupied by bots.

• In Tier I–IV battles, bots are equal in strength to the bots in Co-op Battles.
  • In Tier V battles, bots have received improved AI and fight at the skill level of those in Operations.

Matchmaker Changes for Newcomers

• The number of battles a player needs to fight in order to be placed in the general queue for Random Battles has been increased from 69 to 200. Thus a new player will gain more game experience before moving on to general Random Battles. If any newcomers decide they are ready to fight with experienced players, they will be able to enter battle playing Tier V ships:
  • A player who has played 200 battles or less and enters battle playing Tier I–IV ships will be placed in the queue for newcomers only.
  • A player who has played 200 battles or less and enters battle playing a ship of Tier V or above will be placed in the general queue.
  • Players who have played more than 200 battles will always be placed in the general queue.
  • If the waiting time spent by the first player in the queue exceeds 3 minutes, battles are possible where there is only one live player mirrored by a bot. In this case, the rest of the player’s team will be filled out with bots, and the opposing team will also be filled with bots, mirroring the player’s team in terms of ship tiers and types.

Matchmaker Changes in Low-Tier Random Battles

• In Tier I–V Random Battles, bots will be added until complete teams are formed if the waiting time spent by the first player in the queue exceeds 3 minutes. A battle will only be matched if the general queue contains at least one pair of players playing ships of the same tier.
  • If players have ships of different types, then after 3 minutes of waiting in the queue, they will be mirrored by bot ships of the same types and tiers, and the teams will be complemented with bots within the limits for ship types and tiers for this particular battle tier. It means each team will have the same number of bots.
  • A visual notification about the maximum waiting time and possibility of matching bots to the battle has been added to the battle loading screen.

Does this mean there are less newcomers compared to previous years? Because it just sounds like it is an action taken due to low number of games in low tiers.

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,452 posts
19,919 battles

The reason I don't play low tier: It doesn't help with the daily chain.

Make the first link in the chain T5-10 but the rest T1-10 and I'll play my low tier ships more.

EDIT: Just started the game and found out this.

We have four mission-chains and one chain of seven mission in a directive plus the Dockyard that makes it 12 missions running at the same time. I don't even know where to start. Very confusing. Played my first game and 16(!) mission progressed.

The missions includes one for the "Z-35", a ship that doesn't seem to be in the game and isn't even listed in the Wiki. (?)

EDIT2: Looked on YT for info about the Z-35 and found five vids, four of them are in german. The newest vid is one month old, the oldest three.  So no info at all about a ship that should be in the game right now.

Players
78 posts
2,024 battles
2 hours ago, Hanse77SWE said:

The missions includes one for the "Z-35", a ship that doesn't seem to be in the game and isn't even listed in the Wiki. (?)

173623667_Screenshot2020-07-09at10_12_14.thumb.png.90c916103357d38d7c2027ae20a14faa.png

Yeah same here WG maybe it means Z-39?

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,452 posts
19,919 battles
1 hour ago, ZifTTroll said:

173623667_Screenshot2020-07-09at10_12_14.thumb.png.90c916103357d38d7c2027ae20a14faa.png

They have hinted a new ship called Z-35 but I can't find any new info on it in the last month.

EDIT: Also: Why was Narai removed from the Ops after just one day? So we wouldn't be able to farm there?

• Cool 1

Players
4,390 posts
5,713 battles

Is it just me or installation in Game Center is extremely slow with this update?

my progress is moving 1% per minute, which I dont find normal.

• Cool 1

Players
1,313 posts
19,716 battles

There is a bug with new russian cruisers: it is possible to stealth radar with them.

• Funny 3

Weekend Tester
24 posts

Cannot log into the game after the update. Endlessly waiting for the authorization. More than an hour I cannot enter the game

[TUGA]
[TUGA]
Players
20 posts
23,198 battles

Although I like this update overhaul. I have two complains about it:
1)
The removal of how much XP we got in the ship on the main menu. Now we have to open the equipment menu to be habble to see it. Not good.
2) We need to have Graf Zepplin in order to be habble to win one cammoflage.

• Cool 2

WG Staff
2,524 posts
931 battles
2 hours ago, ZifTTroll said:

Hi Captain, the Z-35 is an upcoming german destroyer, you can find more information about it at this thread:

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/133494-st-z-35-german-aircraft-carriers/

2 hours ago, Hades_warrior said:

Is it just me or installation in Game Center is extremely slow with this update?

my progress is moving 1% per minute, which I dont find normal.

Hi Captains, 

Sometimes the update speed can be influenced by the antivirus you are using, a firewall issue, or your internet connections, of course. 

1 hour ago, fabatka said:

My update stacked at 14% for an hour... Is it common?

Is this problem still ongoing? 

• Funny 1

[PK11C]
[PK11C]
Players
26 posts
15,548 battles
28 minutes ago, TheWarJaC said:

Hi Captain, the Z-35 is an upcoming german destroyer, you can find more information about it at this thread:

Hi Captains, 

Sometimes the update speed can be influenced by the antivirus you are using, a firewall issue, or your internet connections, of course. 

Really great, the last update about the Z-35 is of April, the directive lists the ship but it's not available in any way and the CV needs to be earned by such directives. Great job!!!

• Cool 1

Players
120 posts
8,156 battles
33 minutes ago, TheWarJaC said:

Hi Captains, 

I am 31% percent now. Update is started about 5 hours ago. My internet speed is 600-800Mbit, everything runs fast, AV is only windows defender.

[PV]
[PV]
Players
105 posts
13,533 battles

Playing on Linux, I had to start the wgc_api.exe for install and WorldOfWarships.exe for playing.
Now also the latter starts the wgc... is the game client exe *without* forced-start of wgc somewhere?
Is there *any* reason to have wgc running in the background (i.e. wasting resources) while playing?
I understand that the small Linux-community is no reasonable target group to consider them while programming, but why on earth do your devels regularly have break working, well-established systems?

• Cool 2

[KUGUA]
Players
1 post
6,948 battles

Did the mechanic of how we get base exp in operations changed? I have dealed ton of dmg to enemy AIs and even earned a mojor contribution achievement, but I got the least base exp in my team. Why? We got 5 stars in this battle but everyone get less base exp than 0.9.5.

20200709202719.png

20200709202730.png

• Cool 3

Players
4,390 posts
5,713 battles
1 hour ago, TheWarJaC said:

Hi Captains, 

I dont have antivirus for a long time now. My Firewall is turned off as well. Internet working normal.

Players
4,390 posts
5,713 battles

btw this update is a huge disappointment. We expected we will be able to get new perma camos for Kurfurst or some other TX ship but it turns out we have to pay for them.

This events turned into 'pay to get' method.

Where are good old days when we had to just play the event to get perma camos?

Now I feel sorry I wasted my time on PT 0 9 6... And im sure many others feel the same.

• Cool 1

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
12,289 posts
2 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

Where are good old days when we had to just play the event to get perma camos?

which Tier X perma camos were available by events? I remember only the filth event (where you had to grind an huge amount of filth to get the tier x in a random bundle)...

• Bad 1

Players
4,390 posts
5,713 battles
5 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

which Tier X perma camos were available by events? I remember only the filth event (where you had to grind an huge amount of filth to get the tier x in a random bundle)...

K117 for Yamato (and Y118 Musashi) was in some temporary campaign set as main reward. There was also American camos for Des Moines and Worcester (the one with giant eagle), and im sure there was more of them. These 3 are the ones I can remember right now.

• Cool 1

[BASIC]
Players
804 posts
21,872 battles
3 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

HSF Yamato from collection, Worcester shark or eagle camo also free...

• Cool 2

Players
78 posts
2,024 battles
2 hours ago, Klopirat said:

Got lucky with the tier 9 camo was the first one of the bundle :)

Yeah as Ive said so many times WG is not doing a good job by locking things behind the hands of their RNG or $$$, pls allow players to get something good for free, even if it means a bit more work (not too much)

Players
50 posts
5,109 battles

Also have problems with updating the game.

The game center downloaded about half the update and started installing (with 1.35Gb left to download). Shortly thereafter it stopped saying there was some error.

Tried to restart the update, got a message some files are destroyed/ruined and have to be repair.

Click repair and it gets to 7% on the "check integrity" and there it stops/crashes again......

Edit: and since it never manages to check integrity, it never gets a chance to fix anything.