TheWarJaC

0.9.6 - German Carriers

40 comments in this topic

WG Staff
1,395 posts
774 battles

GERMAN CARRIERS

b1e34376-bfa0-11ea-84cf-8cdcd4b147d4.jpg

German carriers IV Rhein, VI Weser, and VIII August von Parseval are entering Early Access! To obtain them, complete combat missions that have specific chances of being dropped from German Carriers containers.

Rewards from Daily Shipments and for completing Directives: German Carriers containers.

Rewards from containers: combat missions that unlock Early Access to German carriers IV Rhein, VI Weser, and VIII August von Parseval; the "Black, White, Red" expendable camouflage; and other desirable rewards.

German Tokens: you can get German Tokens for completing special chains of combat missions. In total, there are four chains with rewards such as German Tokens and the Iron Cross permanent camouflage for IV Rhein, VI Weser, and VIII August von Parseval.

German Tokens can also be obtained by completing special chains of combat missions from bundles that are available for doubloons in the Armory, or from a special bundle in the Premium Shop.

Rewards available in exchange for Tokens in the Armory: the Iron Cross permanent camouflage for X Großer Kurfürst, X Z-52, X Hindenburg, and X Manfred von Richthofen; "Black, White, Red" expendable camouflage patterns; credits; and signals.

2b8ee962-bfb7-11ea-a18e-8cdcd4b147d4.jpg

You can get up to five additional German Carriers containers for participating in the official World of Warships streams—activate bonus codes and complete special combat missions!

Features of the German carriers

• The aircraft have a high cruising speed, but somewhat small HP pool.
  • Attack aircraft are equipped with a new type of ammunition—AP rockets. These are capable of inflicting heavy damage to enemy citadels. However, they may also ricochet or fail to penetrate armor when hitting a target at acute angles. When striking the thin armor of destroyers at 90-degree angles, they will often overpenetrate and deal 1/10 of the maximum damage.
  • The torpedoes dropped by German aircraft are fast, but have a short range and cause moderate damage.
  • German bombers carry armor-penetrating bombs. Squadrons fly at high altitudes, and an attacking flight immediately goes into a dive. As it is rather difficult to adjust the position of the target reticle during an attack, their bombs are most effective when dropped on slower targets.
  • German carriers are armed with accurate long-range secondary guns.

The entire branch of German carriers will become available to research for all players with the release of Update 0.9.7.

The Port of Hamburg has been updated.

2b910cce-bfb7-11ea-8d31-8cdcd4b147d4.jpg

• Bad 1
  • Angry 1

[-YR-]
Players
636 posts

played a few battles in Rhein here my initial impression:

This CV is simply bad compared to all Others CV.

Reasons: 

1. lack of any HE munition make the Rhein of very little use vs DD. At low tiier usually there are 4 DD x team. this means Rhein is uncapable to deal with a third of the enemy team.

The rockets are difficult to hit on very mobile targets and quite often result in overpen. The AP Bomb are just like rockets. Only Torpedo have some utility BUT the very low Alpha make the challenge to hit a DD really unbalanced. I mean I was able to hit with a torp a Kamikaze R and the result was less thn 2k damage. Kamikaze had around 12K . So i need to hit him 6 times with torps to kill it. Seriously??

2 . The AP rockets: in my game I had only one good salvo and that was agains a sitting CV. 6 rockets 6 citadels = 12K in one attck run WOW. It's a pity it's almost impossible to repeat the same VS Cruisers, cause they must be really beginners to keep sailing straight when they see your planes approaching. If the target turn a little just a little, the result is miserable.

3. The torps: are fast yes , easy to score especially on BB, BUT the Alpha is embarassing: 2 K damage per torp that can be partially healed is nothing compare to the time u spent to go there and do the attack run. Chance of flooding almost absent.

So far the viable weaapon are the AP bombers, which also require some adaptability due to the different reticle but at least the damage is more consistent.

All and all this Cv proves to be very unflexible compared to Others and on the opposite of Hosho or Langley that can carry the team , this ship simply CANT. it's more a big spotter than an attack ship.

As I said so far my initial impression is not really enthusisastic. 

Hope I will cahnge my mind with some practice BUT honestly I think this CV has been set too low on the stats to be competitive with the Others. WG should consider a little buff at least to the Alpha damage of the torps. 

:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1

[-YR-]
Players
636 posts

Tier VI Wieser first impression:

played around 10 battles: TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE

@TheWarJaC

Did someone inside WG really tested them?? did some of your developers tried to play a bit with them??

Basically the Wieser have the same problem I illustrated above for the Rhein. But it's even worst as quite often you face TIR VIII ships with good AA and manouvrability, 

The "mythological " AP rockets… are good only on some cruiser : for example a couple of time I surprised a Graf Spee and attacked the broadside but with little damage (armor too thick I guess).

People in general when see planes approaching turn immediately. the good of this is quite often they do flank to BB and get punished but it's a meagre consolation.

the AP bombs are subject to RNG as usual : so sometime you pen sometime not.

The Torps are probably the most reliable one for hitting the enemy and scaring them a little even if the Alpha damage is low. On the plus the Wieser torps seem to have a bigger chance of flooding. But this is all.

All and all I have decided that I will not buy any more container. I bought 10 for 34 Euro and I think it was a fair price. I found 2 mission to unliock tier IV and VI.

But the gaming experience has been so frustrating that I am not sure if I want pursue them any more. 

By the way I am posting at 01 AM . So I honestly did try to make them work 

The worst is I had no fun in playing  this CV so far.

Dear WG I think the Whole line was rushed and need to be revised. This is my humble opinion.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Players
2,162 posts
13,749 battles
11 hours ago, Alfa_Tau said:

I bought 10 for 34 Euro and I think it was a fair price. I found 2 mission to unliock tier IV and VI.

That's the problem with our player base, people thinking that price of a whole AAA game is OK for 2 very weak silver ships of a low tiers that will be available soon for free.

No surprise that developer is so spoiled.

On the other side I faced them a couple of times and I think that they are well balanced vs surface ships, just that the other lines are OP.

• Cool 4

[-YR-]
Players
636 posts
50 minutes ago, DariusJacek said:

That's the problem with our player base, people thinking that price of a whole AAA game is OK for 2 very weak silver ships of a low tiers that will be available soon for free.

No surprise that developer is so spoiled.

On the other side I faced them a couple of times and I think that they are well balanced vs surface ships, just that the other lines are OP.

Hello

Well I have to admit I like CVs and I have all of them. This line is new and I ws curious to try it. 

At the same time I made this little very personal review to share my opinion with the other players that might be interested, 

Just to be clear I did not pay for the Russian Cruiser new line that was introduced 2 month ago. For me that line wasn't so interesting. But many Others did. 

I do not judge Others players taste; but remember those like me that pay , allow many (probably like you) to play for free.

And without paying customers this game will not exhist.

• Cool 4

Players
2,162 posts
13,749 battles
56 minutes ago, Alfa_Tau said:

Hello

Well I have to admit I like CVs and I have all of them. This line is new and I ws curious to try it. 

At the same time I made this little very personal review to share my opinion with the other players that might be interested, 

Just to be clear I did not pay for the Russian Cruiser new line that was introduced 2 month ago. For me that line wasn't so interesting. But many Others did. 

I do not judge Others players taste; but remember those like me that pay , allow many (probably like you) to play for free.

And without paying customers this game will not exhist.

I spent hundreds myself, so I can't blame you for supporting the game we all like so much.

But recent events from last 1.5 years and direction that game is taking has made me quit on spending.

Having too many ships does not help.

And so many of them (premums and permacamoed) are now so obsolete and power-crept since rework and all those new OP and broken toys it is sad.

There is no excuses for devs if after 1.5 year of failed balancing one ship of one class can still totally break competitive to the point of 2 ships only being viable all just to boost artificially numbers of CV players.

It is actually nice that they manage to avoid making a new CV line OP.

Probably saving all the power for a soviet line:cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

[-YR-]
Players
636 posts
4 minutes ago, DariusJacek said:

It is actually nice that they manage to avoid making a new CV line OP.

And I agree. But there is a difference between OP and underperforming.

The problem with the German CV i that they are almost useless vs DD. So what happens in battle is that the opponent  team CV is capable of dealing with DD and start to harass /kill them.

While your CV cannont do that. I repeat myself: to strike a DD with a torp is not as easy as it is with HE rockets. And when you succed and deal 2K damage , compared to the time you dedicated to it is simply not worht it,

Based on my preliminary games I would reccomend one of the two following solution:

Increase the number of rockets per salvo leaving unchnged the Alpha of the rockets OR increase the Alpha damage of rockets.

To be more clear; keep in mindd that at tier VI the so feared AP rockets WHEN citadel deliver between 1.7 and 2K damage !!! 

:Smile_hiding:

10 minutes ago, DariusJacek said:

Probably saving all the power for a soviet line:cap_haloween:

I have the same suspect!!

:Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 2

[GLOBS]
[GLOBS]
Players
258 posts
15,929 battles

I must admit . I love my  CV's . and getting The Weser was amazing . well that is where the Challenge began .  getting the Rockets on target is difficult , the torps are ok but a little disappointing in damage . and the Dive Bombers are the biggest challenge . I knew they would not be like my lovely Graff Zepp  but was hoping they would be on the same style . 

I hope you rethink the aiming circle of the dive bombers and bring it forward so as to be nearer the point of view when flying  ( as the Graff Zepp ) . as it is you loose sight of the target and miss your shots . we did not like this style in the TST when it was tested before the CV rework  . you changed the aiming point then please can you do it again . the rest is a Challenge and a lot of practice to be done . 

My first game in The Weser , this is a Stream Highlight . 

[FIFO]
Beta Tester
89 posts
11,144 battles
On 7/8/2020 at 12:05 PM, TheWarJaC said:

German carriers IV Rhein, VI Weser, and VIII August von Parseval are entering Early Access! To obtain them, complete combat missions that have specific chances of being dropped from German Carriers containers.

Specific chances? Could you be honest, TheWarJaC, and say what that miniscule chance is? You might as well say what it is because some data miner will work it out. Second week's missions completed and no one in my clan has a German CV yet ... no one. No specific percentage? What a surprise! :Smile_ohmy:

German Tokens can also be obtained by completing special chains of combat missions from bundles that are available for doubloons in the Armory, or from a special bundle in the Premium Shop.

So pay-to-gain-access? Honest, at least. :Smile_sceptic:

Rewards available in exchange for Tokens in the Armory: the Iron Cross permanent camouflage for X Großer Kurfürst, X Z-52, X Hindenburg, and X Manfred von Richthofen; "Black, White, Red" expendable camouflage patterns; credits; and signals.

Er, no. If we look at the missions, we must have every German CV to finish the final mission which allows us to obtain the 600 tokens necessary to obtain these permanent camos. So, either get very lucky on the early access to get the tech-tree CVs of go home disappointed ... and buy the GZ. Seriously? :Smile_facepalm:

You can get up to five additional German Carriers containers for participating in the official World of Warships streams—activate bonus codes and complete special combat missions!

GG, WG ... or not. Please - do correct me if I have misunderstood anything and I'll humbly apologise. :Smile_unsure:

• Cool 1

[MIDG]
[MIDG]
Players
44 posts
7,263 battles
6 hours ago, britinmadrid said:

Specific chances? Could you be honest, TheWarJaC, and say what that miniscule chance is? You might as well say what it is because some data miner will work it out. Second week's missions completed and no one in my clan has a German CV yet ... no one. No specific percentage? What a surprise! :Smile_ohmy:

i got all 3 ships  in 4 premium containers.

but trust me, is not that you or your clanmates lost something really good and fun to play, in the actual state they are terribile...absolutely the worst line made so far

• Cool 1

[NAPOL]
Players
29 posts
578 battles

German CV’a is just what the game needs, also I feel that the game is lacking in Soviet paper ships. Last but not least I absolutely LOVED the CV rework (please give me free stuff wargaming).

• Funny 1

[HGHAS]
[HGHAS]
Players
10 posts
2,099 battles

For starters, it is not my goal to bash on anyone, but there is a need to reevaluate the German Carriers ASAP !

I am a CV lover and i got some off all counties.

Every nation has it s own pros and cons and i can except that.

In the German line, i got  IV Rhein and VIII August von Parseval.

Take into account i m using a Capt Lvl 10, so i gave him the max of HP improvement for the planes.

The Torpedo Planes are somehow almost to easy. The glidepath and aiming are spot on ! Gess that needed some compensation toward lower damaging torpedos.

But, then all is said ! It shouldn t be that they have to compensate for the 2 other classes.

The Rocket Planes are no good in this AP setup. The only runs that score are on BB and CV, maybe some on Heavy Cruisers and that is if you hit the hull or citadel of all of these.

All the rest of your 'hits' are OVERPENETRATIONS !  I wish you all the luck to hunt a DD down and kill them, almost mission impossible. Yes even on ships, BB T8 - T10 lots of that OP.

The AA from T8 on is hitting these planes with NOT ENOUGH HP POINTS very hard, even so that a full squadron of 9 bairly survive a single run.

The Bomber Planes are even WORSE ! These are shurely the weakest link.

There flightpath takes them very high up in the sky. You have to fly them untill they are on top of the target and then dive almost straight 90 °, vertical down. It s getting used to for scoring hits, but that is not the problem.

Although they are flying much higher, the flak seems to hit them equaly as normal. This shouldn t be. Higher up, is more difficult to hit, and the distance diagonally is much longer when they fly in !

There flightpath is alot longer so the AA is squashing them out of the sky like flies ! Then, when you have some survivors, you dive . . .

But half way down, against T8 - T10 all your planes explode into flames, not even time to drop something, not 1. So these planes are useless ! 

Taking all into account, there shurely is some tweaking to do ! ASAP, since this is NO FUN TO PLAY ! 

Not that this game has to be 100% historical correct, but these German planes are even weaker then the Japanese !?!?!  To me, this is so very strange and wrong, thinking about there shurely big contribution and expertise in aviation !

In short, most German planes lack HP !

My ideas for sollutions:

The Rockets AP impact has to be tweaked down. In case this is not possible, give them normal rockets.

The Bombers simple need alot more HP ! This will compensate the higher and longer flightpath.

To balance things out, tweak the squad regeneration a little.

" It might have bin a bether idea to put the carriers trew the TEST-server first."

" Hoping to be of some help to straighten things out. "

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
165 posts

German carriers, yet more paper ships to flesh out a game already full of paper ships, unbalanced gameplay and soon submarines. 

As for the joke that is the German CV grind, it is impossible to earn the tokens without opening and spending a vast amount of money on them and yet again only the wallet warriors or those off work who can play 24/7 will earn the ships.

• Cool 1

[PADER]
Players
15 posts
3,269 battles

Hi

I bought   Großer Kurfürs with 600 German Tokens. It also says "Received" in the Armory , but GK isn't visible in port.

Is there some delay before I get access to the ship?

PS: I have vacant slots in port

[C1DFL]
[C1DFL]
Beta Tester
2,372 posts
13,980 battles
Vor 12 Minuten, Lagaffe_2020 sagte:

Hi

I bought   Großer Kurfürs with 600 German Tokens. It also says "Received" in the Armory , but GK isn't visible in port.

Is there some delay before I get access to the ship?

PS: I have vacant slots in port

You did not buy the ship but a permanent camouflage for it.

Clipboard01.thumb.jpg.12182bd6343570301e0c34a181439f25.jpg

[DAVY]
Players
12 posts
4,043 battles

Hi WG, I wanted to leave my feedback on the German CVs not that I feel anything will be done with it, as CVs just keep getting beaten with a stick recently no matter what people say who actually play them.

So I have the TIer IV and Tier VIII German CVs after purchasing some premium containers. I never got any in any regular containers, and have to say I think how you are approaching these early access tests is unfair, especially when you lock ships behind a lottery, and make rewards impossible to get unless you win all of the lotteries and get all 3 CVs.

First the Tier 4 Rhein.

In it's own tier it's not 'terrible' you have very little impact on a game, the damage output is tiny, and the time to cause damage is far to long. as with most low tier CVs it's just purely frustrating to play. people hate you for playing them, and you get no enjoyment out of doing it...
AP rockets just bounce or over pen everything, I'm yet to have a really decent score or impact with them.
AP Bombs have the same problem, they over pen everything or just do no damage. the most frustrating thing is the RNG, you can attack 10 times with bombers and only get 2 hits the RNG is totally maddening you have a perfectly lined up ship, you drop your bombs, then they just skew off at totally weird angles and splash to the sides of the ship you are aiming at. DDs are pointless to even attempt, Cruisers RNG just says no and BBs just seem to bounce them or get no impact from them at all.
The torps are 'ok' the arming time is far to long, you try to drop them on DDs and they just turn away with ease, the only way to get a DD is by pure luck and that DD player not paying attention. 
Over all it's a frustratingly horrible ship to play. 

Tier 8 Parzival 

I really wanted to enjoy playing this CV, I was so happy when I got it... but again, just full of disappointment and resentment  
AP rockets. If your top tier in a 6,7,8 game you are like a god. I absolutely decimated a Trento in 2 passes, 10 citadels and it was game over for him. to be fair he didn't try angling at all, and hits like that have been very few and far between. for the most part, your rockets again over pen or bounce. most players now see you coming, turn a bit and your attack is useless. then all your planes get shot down and your just left shaking your head. if your bottom tier in a tier 8 9 10 game you may as well not bother. DDs wreck your planes before you get close, everything else just shrugs off your rockets

AP bombs...  my god WG, have you even attempted to play these CVs before releasing them for early access? the bombs are shockingly bad, like just don't even bother. the RNG is insane, I can't recall ever hitting a Cuiser with a bomb yet.. you run in, line up, drop your bombs from any height and they will miss. on the off chance you do score a hit, they just go straight through or bounce anyway, so whats the point. you attack a BB and again, you may hit them, but good luck actually doing any damage at all. most of the time they just bounce off or do so little damage loosing every plane on the way in makes it a waste of time anyway.... and that's another HUGE downside of German CV planes.. it takes a full wing 9 aircraft to make 1 drop. every plane will be smashed to bits on the way in to even the lightest AA cruiser or BB. 
90% of the games I play I'm bottom tier, attacking tier 10s is just pointless with Bombers, they ruin you before you even get a chance to drop a bomb, and if you do get though they hardly do any damage.
Torps- . underwhelming.... just all I can say. they are easy to get hits with, which is nice.. but again you just ask yourself whats the point when you make 1 drop, all your aircraft are lost and you've only done 6k damage at the most....

I really wish you could know the absolute frustration of playing CVs at the moment.. everyone in the game hates you, every one on the enemy team hates you and so does everyone on your own team, no matter what you do to help, it's just hate.
CVs get less reward than any other ships for the damage they do... doing damage takes real effort, more than i'd say any other class. a LOT of people who don't play or understand CVs moan and [edited] about being killed by one, but they will never understand the pure frustration that CV player has been though to get that kill. I'd class myself as a decent CV player. I like the concept of playing CVs, but most of the time I just want to bang my head off the desk. Please WG give something back to CV players. make Spotting damage as rewarding as actual damage. get rid of the XP nerf on CVs. PLEASE think about a re-balance across the board. and for the love of got reduce the RNG on bombs. I know they where nerved as they were previously destroying DDs left and right, but now they can't do anything to anyone... 
With CVs the time to do damage is REALLY long. a BB reloads between 20 to 30 seconds, and if lucky can do 50k to 100k plus damage a CV takes 1:30 to 2 minutes to launch planes, fly to a enemy do 1 drop load for a maximum of what 6k with torps, if.. IF RNG says yes maybe 10k with a bomb, where is the reward in that? Why would people want to keep playing a line like that? 
If you want people to just stop playing CVs why no just remove them from the game? If you actually care about your player base, can we please work together to find a middle ground, where people are happy to have CVs in the game and people are happy to play them.

• Cool 5

[CSADD]
Players
172 posts

CV matchmaking should be changed.

CV should not be matched against higher tier ships unless a user, via an explicit option, approves that in the MM processing.

The planes cannot handle higher Tier ship AA. Planes can hardly manage SAME TIER Ship Anti Airplane Artillery.

Being forced to only find the same Tier solo ships. Making it feeling like a waste of time. Making it no fun to play.

To be clear to the devs:

Tier 4 CV should only be matched against Tier 4 DD/CS/BB.

Tier 5 CV should only be matched against Tier 5 DD/CS/BB.

Tier 6 CV should only be matched against Tier 6 DD/CS/BB.

Tier 7 CV should only be matched against Tier 7 DD/CS/BB.

Tier 8 CV should only be matched against Tier 8 DD/CS/BB.

Tier 9 CV should only be matched against Tier 9 DD/CS/BB.

Tier 10 CV should only be matched against Tier 10 DD/CS/BB.

I hope I was clear about the SAME TIER matchmaking for CV's. If I was not clear, please read again.

If still not clear dev can provide me with their phone number, I am happy to explain them 1:1.

I am also happy to translate this to russian, french, polish, german, ukranian, latvian, finnish, mexican or whatever the Devs need this to be explained in.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[DAVY]
Players
12 posts
4,043 battles
1 hour ago, SexyBikiniGirl said:

CV should not be matched against higher tier ships unless a user, via an explicit option, approves that in the MM processing.

The planes cannot handle higher Tier ship AA. Planes can hardly manage SAME TIER Ship Anti Airplane Artillery.

Being forced to only find the same Tier solo ships. Making it feeling like a waste of time. Making it no fun to play.

To be clear to the devs:

I hope I was clear about the SAME TIER matchmaking for CV's. If I was not clear, please read again.

If still not clear dev can provide me with their phone number, I am happy to explain them 1:1.

I am also happy to translate this to russian, french, polish, german, ukranian, latvian, finnish, mexican or whatever the Devs need this to be explained in.

I honestly don't think that would be possible as every one in the game would have to be same tier. the MM would take hours to figure that one out. I don't think it would be to much to ask for +/- 1 so 4/5 - 5/6/7 - 7/8/9 = 9/10.

Or WG could bring in the odd tiered CVs again, re-balance and make it either +/- 1 or +/-0

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,376 posts
8,212 battles

Feedback for German CVs

Ok. Played them a bit now. And I am Ready to give a General Estimate.

Now as a Pretext.

German CVs are Vastly Inferior to other CVs in the Game.

There is no Question to that for Various Reasons I will mention closer in the Actual Feedback.

As such they Require either Mechanical Changes or really big Buffs to Compete with other CVs.

(Or respectively the other CVs need to be Nerfed)

Also T10 is excempt from this as we cant get it yet.

The CV Itself.

The CVs are Fairly Decent on Armor but nothing Special.

And as they lack the Armored Deck they are still fairly Sqishy.

Moreover. The Secondaries are a Far Cry from Graf Zeppelin thus they are not capable of Brawling.

The Secondaries are at best usable as a last ditch defence against DDs.

The Rockets.

They are extremely Weak in General.

Against many Heavy Cruisers especially higher Tier than their Own they wont even reach the Citadel under Perfect Conditions.

And given how little HP the Planes have. They have no real way of doing more than 1 Strike most of the Time.

Leaving them extremely Weak and Limited unless your Lucky enough to have several Enemy Light Cruisers as Targets.

Against BBs and DDs they are almost completely useless.

Onky Capable of Inflicting Neglectable Damage.

They either need a Vastly higher Alpha Damage. So they Deal more Full Pen Damage.

Or need better Penetration so they can at least Reliably get through the Citadel of Heavy Cruisers.

Moreover. The Interface needs so.e work.

And the handling of Islands needs to ve Adjusted.

Flying over Islands cause the Rockets to Target 20km away and make it i.possible to Strike any Target behind even a Flat Island.

And the Reflection and Flak are right at the Camera often making you unable to See your Aiming Circle anymore as its meshed out with the Lighting.

The Torpedos

The Torpedoes are Weak in Damage bit very fast.

Now the Idea of WG to ise em against DDs is impossible.

Not only can DDs evade them easily unless surprised or in combat.

But even if you hit. Its usually just 1 or at best 2 Torps which Deal less Damage than a Rocket Strike.

And which due to the Nature of Torps needs far more Maneuvering to Setup the Drop.

Meaning even with the 2k OverpenStrikes From AP Rockets you will usually have a DD killed Faster than with these Torps.

But these Torps are Extremely good at something else.

And that is Killing Cruisers.

Due to their Speed hitting Cruisers is fairly easy.

And while the Damage is not Impressive. It is Decent due Cruisers lack of Torpedo Protection.

Alliwing to get Decent Strikes on Hostile Cruisers very Reliably.

The AP Bombs

These are the most Powerful. But also the most Difficult Weapons.

Accuracy is Usable but not Impressive.

And Penetration is Fairly Good.

Damage is very Good.

However. Plane HP is extremely Low.

Surviving long enough to do one Drop is often only Possible with a Heal.

And thats with all Upgrades. I dont even wanna fathom how these Planes fall like Flies without a high level Captain.

And as soon as the Enemy show you Broadside. The Magic is Gone as he will take only little hits and Damage.

Moreover. The Camera is Horrible.

You have to adjust it all the time because otherwise you cant see AA and Drop Circle together.

And as the Game only Counts Distance in Horizontal.

You have a Far longer Approach than other Planes.

Giving you a much longer Exposure to AA.

Especially on the Dive that takes very long.

The Plane HP in General is too low.

The moment you are Uptiered you are pretty Dead as even Single Ships Continues AA is often too much for your Planes.

GZ Compensates with Insane Speed. But the German CVs while Faster than others. Are not on the Speed level of GZ.

Inability to actually Strike Targets.

Rockets are only usable on Light Cruisers and Heavy Cruisers without Strong Armor Belt or Spaced Armor.

Torpedoes are only usable on Cruisers.

And AP Bombs can only be used on Cruisers and BBs without Thick or Spaced Citadel Deckarmor.

Meaning not only can you hardly do anything to DDs. But you also cant Kill some BBs.

Jean Bart for Example is pretty much Capable of Ignoring a German CV as nothing he does can inflict Big Damage on it. Against BBs and even some Cruiser that are higher Tier you effectively cant really Attack at all as you wont deal any decent amount of Damage.

Extreme Lack of Influence.

And Something else comes around here as well.

The Inability to Strike DDs when every other CV can do so.

As well as the Inability to Strike above your own Tier which every other CV can do.

Results in you having Extremely low Influence.

Now this is of course only an Issue because CVs in General have absurd Influence.

But since you are Matched against one Such CV with massive Influence. Your own Lack of it Results in Massive Disadvantages for your Team.

Because not only can you not take out Enemy DDs while the Enemy CV can take out Yours.

But you cant even really Punish Higher Tier BBs and Cruisers when they Extend away from their Fleet. While the Enemy CV can ravage any Attempts of your Teammates to do so with Impunity.

Overall.

German CVs right now are likely the Weakest of the CVs.

Having Low Influence and low Manstopping Power.

• Cool 5

Players
93 posts

It finally dawn on me yesterday when I counted things (and I like CVs). I have to say, German CV Event is worst event since I can remember (except Puerto Rico debacle, but that was not really an event in classic theme of new ship line).

For very first time you can't actually buy anything useful in Armory vel Arsenal relevant to the event in question (only 4 Camos) without either getting all Early Access ships+owning a GZ to do missions and/or purchasing some ridiculous 7500 doubloons (25 Euro a pop) bundle(s).

I'm not daft to spend money on Containers for EA ships, when I have enough FXP stashed. Congratulations WG, you did it again, just when I thought it's impossible for your company to sunk deeper into the mud you broke the Quantum barrier. 

I have to ask. What happened to fun Events, like Sharks vs Eagles? That was the last exceptionally good event when literally everybody benefited in some way. No matter if you played 50 games or 15000 and then you decided, screw them, let them pay for nothing in return. German CVs are pinnacle of that mantra. I thought you learned something with Graf Spee-Odin Dockyard, give enough time for people to do things, provide some incentive and there is no problem to pay a bit at the end. Oh boy, how wrong one man could be??? :Smile_sad:

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,586 posts
17,598 battles

I have to say, Rhein is an exceptionally good carrier. Does almost no harm to destroyers, cruisers, and battleships except for tier 3 BBs. If all CVs would be balanced like her, there would be only 1 CV thread here: from unhappy Rhein players.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[HGHAS]
[HGHAS]
Players
10 posts
2,099 battles
16 hours ago, SexyBikiniGirl said:

To be clear to the devs:

Hi SBgirl,

CV 's only come in Tiers 4 -6 - 8 - 10 :)

I wouldn t narrow it to only play in there own Tier, i would say, from 1 Tier down to 1 Tier up.

As you say, CV against 2 Tiers up is a big challenge.

Regarding CV's T8 versus T10 ships with there high AA-guns, almost missions impossible and not rewarding.

Personaly, i never use my US Midway, because even fighting in his own class, against T10 AA, is a pain in the [edited].

grtz

[CSADD]
Players
172 posts
16 minutes ago, Hank_Flemish said:

I wouldn t narrow it to only play in there own Tier, i would say, from 1 Tier down to 1 Tier up.

1 Tier down is nice for the CV but then the ships will complain. That is why I suggest to keep it equal everywhere.