You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
TheWarJaC

Apply for our Super Tester Program!

124 comments in this topic

WG Staff
1,384 posts
774 battles

The deadline to submit your application is now ended, good luck to everybody! 

Captains!

You’ve just reached the gateway to one of the most secret, and important, sections of the forum: the SuperTest Program!                                                                                        Banner_st.jpg

This FAQ is genetically engineered to answer all your wildest question regarding the SuperTest Program; if, after reading this post, you would still need some clarification, don’t despair, you are more than welcome to leave a comment at this thread, and we will reply as soon as we can!

(All the question not related to the SuperTest Program will be deleted, so please be mindful)

Q: What is the SuperTest Program?

A: Through the SuperTest Program, a group of volunteers—the supertesters—help our development team to guarantee the quality we consider necessary for our game:

• By testing game versions that have not been released yet.
  • By preparing future installments of the game for public release by means of a rigorous process that includes scanning for and elimination of bugs, and meticulous tests to check the integrity of contents and functionalities.
  • By participating in the evaluation of new ideas, from the prototype stage to their full completion.
  • Consider the program like a ship, where the heroic crew works together to reach their destination, by challenging the wild waters of development (full of nasty shark-shaped bugs of course!).

A supertester should:

Love playing World of Warships! At the same time, they should cultivate a vivid curiosity regarding future updates, which could be disclosed to you from the prototype stage.

• Be interested or even versed in game development. Prepare yourself to deal with all the stimulating challenges this process can offer, while always aiming for the maximal result!
  • Be eager to become a vital part of a friendly, close-knit team; united by common goals and super-nerdy interests.

Q: Sounds great! How can I be part of the program?

A: Your application can be submitted through the link you’ll find at the end of this thread. Don’t rush it though: we still have some important questions to answer!

Q: Are there any age restrictions?

A: Yes, you can only be part of the SuperTest Program if you are 18 or older since all the volunteers must sign a non-disclosure agreement (NDA).

Q: What are going to be my tasks?

A: The duties of a supertester are multiple:

• Testing various prototype versions of the game.
  • Checking all the game mechanics and changes for glitches, then writing accurate bug reports.
  • Writing satisfying feedback that accurately describes your opinion about the tested contents.

Q: Is participating in the SuperTest sessions obligatory?

A: Yes and no. Based on your schedule, you can decide whether you have the time to participate in the SuperTest session; but we do have some requirements that supertesters need to meet to keep being part of the program. This includes a certain amount of participation in the scheduled sessions and the completion on time of the tasks assigned to you. We don’t intend to keep players on the program who don’t actively contribute to its development, neither do we want to exclude our testers for minor violations or rare absences.

Q: What is the schedule for the testing sessions?

A: Testing sessions can be performed on various days, but for the EU it usually goes from 18:00 to 20:00 UTC. (20:00 – 22:00 CEST) 

Q: Do I get paid or do I gain other kinds of perks?

A: Being a supertester for World of Warships does not grant a salary: the volunteers of our SuperTest Program are just driven by the love we all share for this fantastic game. But you will have numerous advantages: you will be the first captain to play new versions of the game and you will be able to communicate and work closely with our development team. Furthermore, you will gain access to a special forum group and discord channel, exclusive for the participants of the program, where we will interact with you daily, expressing our gratitude for your work closely. From time to time, we also give rewards based on merit to the most active participants.

Q: Who are the “SuperTest Coordinators”?

A: The Coordinators, like supertesters, are volunteers; but with more responsibilities and tasks. The duties of the coordinators include:

Supervise the course of the various testing sessions.

Supporting super tester recruits with their experience and sick Jedi powers.

Assisting the super testers in processing feedback and bug reports.

Coordinators are selected by the SuperTest manager (in this case, me).

Q: I am a member of another volunteer group for World of Warships, may I participate also in the SuperTest Program?

A: We do not accept in our program the participants of the following volunteer groups:

• Community Contributor
  • Moderators
  • Clan-Supertest members

If you are part of other volunteer groups (associated with World of Warships or otherwise), please consider carefully before applying as a supertester. It can take a lot of spare time and demands a certain amount of dedication to be effective and useful as a tester.

Ok, it’s time to get serious:

ST IMAGE PIC.png

Requirements for SuperTest candidates

To be considered, SuperTest candidates should meet the following requirements:

Your application should be done through the application form. Applications submitted not according to the form are automatically rejected.

You should be an experienced World of Warships player, with:

• At least 2,000 PvP battles.
  • At least 400 battles on 2 different ship classes.
  • Owning ships of Tier VIII or higher in port (Premium ships not included).

If the candidate does not match this requirement his application is automatically rejected.     

Experience in writing elaborate feedback and bug reports is a huge plus.

You should be able to communicate efficiently and politely through our forum and the in-game chat. While evaluating an application, we always check the candidate’s profile for violations of the rules of the game and the forum. A candidate with a high negative record will be rejected (we won't reveal nor discuss the nature of the violations).

A candidate can submit a maximum of 3 attempts of application.

IMPORTANT: The candidate’s game statistics shouldn't be closed for viewing. Applications from candidates with closed statistics or that are giving us access to their statistics through a link are not considered!

**UPDATE** 

Captains!
Due to the large number of applications that we already received we decided to put a deadline:

You will be able to submit your application until Wednesday 22 July, 00:00 CEST (Tuesday 21 July, 22:00 UTC).

After the end of the deadline, it might take some time for us to process all the candidates; so, please, we invite you to have patience, we will update you as soon as the results are available.

PS (Unfortunately, for the reasons previously mentioned, we will be able to reply only to the selected candidates.)

Here you can find the link to the application form:  https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSel1x_XoATn6mH3-YjE13_GrlZsmobHKlcAjRj1r7UezE4XxA/viewform?usp=sf_link

• Cool 20
  • Angry 1

[_TBGS]
Players
24 posts
10,482 battles

Hi,

I am well very interested.

Regards,

[VICE]
Players
1 post
9,369 battles

I managed to read that
Now i need to manage my excitement

• Funny 1

[-UDW-]
Community Contributor, In AlfaTesters
1,619 posts
12,491 battles

Good luck to all Applicants :cap_like:

• Cool 3

Players
699 posts

I think that my Lifespan as a Super Tester would be that of a Mayfly plus any ship would be suspect with me as Captain :Smile_veryhappy:

Good Luck Folk's

• Funny 1

[NMA]
Players
1,277 posts
19,153 battles
2 hours ago, TheWarJaC said:

While evaluating an application, we always check the candidate’s profile for violations of the rules of the game and the forum

Well, there goes my application out of the window :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 7

[BGNAV]
Players
6 posts
16,626 battles

Heya guys,

I've sent my application and I'm very much interested in taking part in this program.

Good luck to everybody

[BLUMR]
Players
1 post
4,084 battles

Hello everyone,

First time commenting on the forum but i have applied.

Good luck to everybody

[SV3]
Players
24 posts
25,259 battles

Just sent my application, now i just have to wait and se(a)e :P  

[TROYA]
Players
1 post
2,185 battles

I'd like to know when is the deadline for the apply process?

[PNAVY]
Players
7 posts
12,616 battles

I applied for the ST Program, but can you tell me where I can find out that you have passed for the first round.. I exactly dont know where you guys will publish the names of the players that are good to go for the second round of interviews and when will that happen? Can someone explain me? Good Luck Captains Who are Applying

[SRW]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
410 posts
20,453 battles

hi all

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
21 posts
14,959 battles

I've applied Fingers Crossed...  and Good luck to those who also applied..

[ADRIA]
Beta Tester
142 posts
6,256 battles

Quite enticing!

Can't wait for the response and good luck to everyone!

• Cool 1

[NMA]
Players
1,277 posts
19,153 battles
1 hour ago, _Intercept said:

When are we expected to get a reply? Will we get sent an email?

If I remember correctly, last time it took them couple of months to go thru all the applications. You'll get notified both on forums and email.

Players
13 posts
4,806 battles
4 saat önce, TheWarJaC dedi:

While evaluating an application, we always check the candidate’s profile for violations of the rules of the game and the forum.

1 saat önce, quickr dedi:

Well, there goes my application out of the window :Smile_sceptic:

Lol i get chat ban immediately when the last ban lifts .