You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ocsimano18

Best EU random solo player

53 comments in this topic

Players
1,976 posts
8,438 battles

I was digging into the stats to see who is the best player. I had to dismiss a lot of people using the following criteria:

-less than 1000 games

-RTS or rework CV dominant (edit: honorable mention to Elraz)

-Tier1 or low tier dominant

-Super OP premium dominant (edit: i.e. Gremi and Kami)

-I counted only the solo WR

The Winner is:

Spoiler

https://wows-numbers.com/player/500701135,RNGsama/?type=solo

[BANCV] RNGsama

Actually 124th on the top solo player list.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,353 posts
26,373 battles
17 minutes ago, Ocsimano18 said:

Super OP premium dominant

For clarity you should state the ships you consider super OP. 

And criteria for dominant.

• Cool 1

Players
1,976 posts
8,438 battles
8 minutes ago, Profilus said:

For clarity you should state the ships you consider super OP. 

And criteria for dominant.

There were only two such players, with an overwhelming number of Gremyashchy/Kamikaze R games. The vast majority of the excluded players were having below 1000 games, and from the above 1000 games the most of the excluded players were dominantly RTS CV players, then some dominantly CV players, and a few players had dominantly tier 1 or tier 2 games.

It would be nice to have the best random solo player for Tier10 only, but it's harder to check that.

• Cool 1

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,353 posts
26,373 battles
6 minutes ago, Ocsimano18 said:

There were only two such players, with an overwhelming number of Gremyashchy/Kamikaze R games. The vast majority of the excluded players were having below 1000 games, and from the above 1000 games the most of the excluded players were dominantly RTS CV players, then some dominantly CV players, and a few players had dominantly tier 1 or tier 2 games.

I would say the player you chose is dominantly cruiser player. How is that better than dominantly cv player?

So we(me) need very specific criterias.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Players
7,449 posts
245 battles

Its meh. Cus i havent divved yet.

Although some peeps will just play ships that they like, regardless if they are good or bad. Hard to rack up battles in this game since they take much longer than wulrd of danks.

Players
1,976 posts
8,438 battles
Just now, Profilus said:

I would say the player you chose is dominantly cruiser player. How is that better than dominantly cv player?

I excluded RTS CVs, as they were obviously OP (the stats also reflected it). According to the stats, the rework CVs were much less OP, but still above other ships.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
619 posts
3,566 battles

Seems like he is suffering from what we all do these days. I wonder when he achieved all this as you can't go that far back in Numbers. Mighty impressive though to be sure..

image.thumb.png.90b382d6e13e63a093b2ffbe2761441b.png

• Cool 5

[XTREM]
Players
1,954 posts
14,680 battles
3 minutes ago, GraySlayer said:

Seems like he is suffering from what we all do these days. I wonder when he achieved all this as you can't go that far back in Numbers. Mighty impressive though to be sure..

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.90b382d6e13e63a093b2ffbe2761441b.png

The entire month of June for me in a nutshell.

I lost 0.07% off my W/R actually :cap_old:

• Cool 3

Players
7,104 posts
11,519 battles
1 minute ago, Ocsimano18 said:

I excluded RTS CVs, as they were obviously OP (the stats also reflected it). According to the stats, the rework CVs were much less OP, but still above other ships.

There would still be a best CV solo player tho ;)

And thats kinda the point. We have so many different ships in this game and some people might be very good overall but some might be even better in a specific ship/line/class (however you chose to set the narrative). Then there is the point to be made, that solo in a teamgame shouldnt be a benchmark or randoms at all shouldnt be or however you want to set the definition. People could have also rerolled, played in a different meta long ago, thus achieving a really good winrate at that time, because the meta suited them but it doesnt anymore etcetc. long story short: defining the best player overall in this game is flawed by definition. There are a lot of really good players, depending how you want to look at it.

2 minutes ago, GraySlayer said:

you can on pro ships.ru

• Cool 3

Players
1,976 posts
8,438 battles
55 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

There would still be a best CV solo player tho ;)

And thats kinda the point. We have so many different ships in this game and some people might be very good overall but some might be even better in a specific ship/line/class (however you chose to set the narrative). Then there is the point to be made, that solo in a teamgame shouldnt be a benchmark or randoms at all shouldnt be or however you want to set the definition. People could have also rerolled, played in a different meta long ago, thus achieving a really good winrate at that time, because the meta suited them but it doesnt anymore etcetc. long story short: defining the best player overall in this game is flawed by definition. There are a lot of really good players, depending how you want to look at it.

you can on pro ships.ru

I agree that you can have different results based on the definition. My goal was to find one with reasonable amount of manual work, so I used the wows stats page. I like CVs in general, and I liked them in ranked, but felt that it's too specific and not fair to select a dominantly CV player.

Players
2,381 posts
32,117 battles
4 hours ago, Ocsimano18 said:

There are only some amount of players left who have been playing this game since almost the beginning, been in many cbs, ranked modes other than randoms, almost always in best clans, better than others in solo in most of the ships. He is one of them. He used to be even better until two years ago. Probably he still had the thrill back then and now lost it like most of us old timers here. 

There are also others who became purple thru divisions, cv spamming, or low tier op ship spamming or new ones who joined like two years ago (they are not relatively new ofc but that's i what i call new compared to old accounts). I don't count these ones among greatest players in EU server if they have a couple of thousands plus games count that are purple don't mean much to me as there are many reroll accounts or because one of the reasons above.

Here are some other great players (and some of them don't even play anymore or very minimal):

https://wows-numbers.com/player/507373123,lCyphl/?

https://wows-numbers.com/player/537975031,Maaseru/?

https://wows-numbers.com/player/559486968,A3iou/

https://wows-numbers.com/player/538860698,Delysidus/?

https://wows-numbers.com/player/536196751,4mazinq/?

https://wows-numbers.com/player/507435360,MFour/?

There is more we can link here but if you look for players like these, you won't find too many. Also there are similar amount of players with same skill set left the game starting second half of 2017 and in an accelerating fashion from second half of 2018 up to today.

Note to Moderators: I hope linking other players stats in this thread does not mean shaming because i am actually honoring. But if you think it is against the rules please inform and i will delete it. Thanks.

• Cool 2

Players
1,976 posts
8,438 battles
8 minutes ago, Inappropriate_noob said:

I admit  i was expecting El2azur or Yuro to be there somewhere:Smile_veryhappy:

Honorable mention to Elraz, excluded because of CV.

• Cool 1

Players
619 posts
3,566 battles

I'm wondering if you can achieve such stats if you started out today as a brand new player (not a re roll with tons of experience under your belt)? This game is rather unique in that it and the playing field changes all the time so a 60% (purple) and upwards solo WR player 2 years ago is not the same as a 60% solo WR player today as the whole meta has changed so can the two be compared even?

• Cool 1

Players
619 posts
3,566 battles
1 hour ago, Inappropriate_noob said:

I admit  i was expecting El2azur or Yuro to be there somewhere:Smile_veryhappy:

Yes El should get a mention here for sure.

• Cool 1

[LEEUW]
Players
2,742 posts
10,363 battles
8 minutes ago, GraySlayer said:

I'm wondering if you can achieve such stats if you started out today as a brand new player (not a re roll with tons of experience under your belt)? This game is rather unique in that it and the playing field changes all the time so a 60% (purple) and upwards solo WR player 2 years ago is not the same as a 60% solo WR player today as the whole meta has changed so can the two be compared even?

Not to forget that most, if not all, current unicums "grew" with the game: They started back in the day with a way simpler game than what we have today. They adopted each new ship line and each new meta that evolved.

If you start fresh today you have a huge number of ships to memorise and an incredible amount of information to take in.

And not to forget that you're up against players with thousands of games under their belt. When we started everyone was a (relatively) new player.

So yes it would be possible but way more difficult.

• Cool 4

[CZSL]
Players
99 posts
4,092 battles

Very good player this guy but I am still better in:

Black Swan

Jurian da la Graviére

Emerald

Iron Duke

Mutsuki

V-25

Novik

Kagero

Musashi

Isokaze

ARP Kongo

Hatsuharu

Kongo

:Smile_trollface:

Players
3,029 posts
2 hours ago, Execute0rder66 said:

There is more we can link here but if you look for players like these, you won't find too many. Also there are similar amount of players with same skill set left the game starting second half of 2017 and in an accelerating fashion from second half of 2018 up to today.

This a very sad but true fact

Players
979 posts
3,431 battles
3 hours ago, Profilus said:

we want to read something we don't already know...

Players
979 posts
3,431 battles
3 hours ago, Profilus said:

How is that better than dominantly cv player?

well, uh... because it's not a CV player... that's why.

CV are OP.

that's why the original poster had to skip so many players who derive their winrate from CV battles.

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,353 posts
26,373 battles
33 minutes ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

well, uh... because it's not a CV player... that's why.

CV are OP.

that's why the original poster had to skip so many players who derive their winrate from CV battles.

So super OP premium was referring to Enterprise? :cap_haloween:

Could have written just "excluded cv players" then.

To me the criterias for selection are still vague, so i cant agree with OP, but i wont disagree that RNGSama is very good player.

Players
619 posts
3,566 battles
1 hour ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Not to forget that most, if not all, current unicums "grew" with the game: They started back in the day with a way simpler game than what we have today. They adopted each new ship line and each new meta that evolved.

If you start fresh today you have a huge number of ships to memorise and an incredible amount of information to take in.

And not to forget that you're up against players with thousands of games under their belt. When we started everyone was a (relatively) new player.

So yes it would be possible but way more difficult.

My thoughts exactly Garrus.

• Cool 1

Players
979 posts
3,431 battles
17 minutes ago, Profilus said:

To me the criterias for selection are still vague, so i cant agree with OP, but i wont disagree that RNGSama is very good player.

yeah, the criteria can be a bit vague.

but some weeks ago I did exactly the same as OP and had a look at the best random players.

there are many listed with astonishing winrates, but when you look at their detailed stats, you see many CV mains, many low tier champions (tier 1), and some others where one just says, looking at the stats, "yeah, well... no. that's not the super-unicum I was looking for".

try it yourself, you will find many such players high ranking in the list.

but I can tell you what we should be looking for in a "best random player". we look for sustained skill, not for exploits.

this means:

- sustained: more than 1000 solo battles in relevant tiers

- not exploiting the inexperience of new players (so anyone with a majority of battles in tier 1 to 5 is out)

- not exploiting the OPness of certain ships (so CV mains and players who played only OP premiums that aren't readily available are out)

the ideal best solo player:

- has the best winrate in 1000+ battles in a large variety of tier 9 and 10 ships that are no CV over the last 12 months. maybe we could lower the required battle count if we consider only tier 9 and 10.

• Cool 2

Players
1,976 posts
8,438 battles
9 minutes ago, Profilus said:

I added a post about the super OP premiums: Gremi and Kami (see above). CV players were not excluded, CV only players were excluded, who had their games predominantly in CVs. I think your skills in CV are not transferable to other classes.

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
7,207 posts

I would argue that you should just exclude ALL premium and T1-5 ships, sort the list and call it a day... solo ofc

That would drop the sealclubbing statpadders esp the Kamikazes, the Gremyashis, the Hoshos etc as well as Stalingrads, Belfasts etc...