Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Parkerzilla

Tier 6 Clan Battles - IFHE for 152 mm guns ?

5 comments in this topic

[-RDE-]
[-RDE-]
Players
94 posts
17,457 battles

Hi,

littlewhitemouse's IFHE summary recommends IFHE for tier 6 ships with 152mm guns. But her summary takes into account being up and down-tiered and there being plenty of BBs in games.   In the upcoming Tier 6 clan battle season I don't think IFHE is necessary for 152mm cruisers and the points would be better spent elsewhere (and fire chance gotten back) because - 1. enemy will only have tier 6 ships (up-tiering not a factor) and 2. I don't think there will be many BBs around. The reason I say that is because a)the enemy can have a max of one BB only anyway and b) last season, for my clan, the enemy had a BB 52% of the time. I think that will be lower this season (and more CVs) because I think many teams (at the level we were playing, Gale league) struggled to find a T10 CV player whereas this season most players will have a T6 CV in their port somewhere. 

So the question boils down to is IFHE worth it for T6 152mm cruisers against enemy T6 cruisers ?  Thanks !

[CKBK]
Beta Tester
939 posts
10,822 battles

I'm in the You VS Me tournament  now, and we encountered 1 west virginia vs 90% of all other games was with CV's.

Don't bother with IFHE, you will pen any other cruiser with the normal pen, and as a bonus you're gonna have a very high fire chance.

This next T6 season is gonna be CV's, smoke cruisers and pocket battleships.

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles

In general, not being uptiered would make IFHE more interesting, not less, because IFHE at T6 only loses value if you consistently beat up T5s or are up against T8s, former you don't need IFHE for and latter are laughing at your shells even with IFHE. What makes IFHE questionable is the meta though regarding ship types. BBs are the only ships at T6 that would need IFHE to be penned. Cruisers can be penned without IFHE and if it is CV meta, BBs might be rare.

Players
10,257 posts
12,019 battles

Or bring Molotov if you want HE pen without fire chance penalty. Bonus points for AP penetration on par with 203mm guns, if you really don't want to bring London heavy cruiser

Sign in to follow this