Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Lord0

Are Arkansas Beta and Imperator Nikolai worth playing?

26 comments in this topic

[ANV]
Players
555 posts
4,796 battles

Given the current CV heavy state of Tier IV and the lack of AA on the two aforementioned ships are they worth playing/fun or will I just face strike after strike from CVs until sunk? (not fun)

Bonus question: is the Ark Beta a viable secondary platform? I seem to remember it getting a buff in that dept.

[ANV]
Players
555 posts
4,796 battles
4 minutes ago, LemonadeWarriorITA said:

It doesn’t matter gameplay wise whether a ship has AA or not. 

Sadly i think you're correct. The first strike always seems to get through 

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
1,431 posts
7,069 battles
7 minutes ago, Lord0 said:

It is intended like that. 

[MORIA]
Players
7,772 posts
39,160 battles
54 minutes ago, Lord0 said:

Nikolai has almost no AA at all. can get striked even 3 times from one squad.

• Cool 1

[ANV]
Players
555 posts
4,796 battles

UPDATE: 3 games in Nikolai - killed twice by CV. You have literally zero counterplay. My AA was doing like 5, 6, 7, 8 dmg.

• Funny 1

[ANV]
Players
555 posts
4,796 battles
49 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Nikolai has almost no AA at all. can get striked even 3 times from one squad.

Yeah they just loitered over me and struck me three times, all the time.

Imagine how new players find this?

[CKBK]
Beta Tester
939 posts
10,816 battles
2 minutes ago, Lord0 said:

UPDATE: 3 games in Nikolai - killed twice by CV. You have literally zero counterplay. My AA was doing like 5, 6, 7, 8 dmg.

Welcome to tier 10 CV games.

And the Arkansas secondary spec, if you're good at dodging torpedoes, go for it.

• Cool 1

Modder
5,020 posts
22,848 battles
5 minutes ago, Sturmtiger_304 said:

And the Arkansas secondary spec, if you're good at dodging torpedoes, go for it.

Arkansas is almost 100% safe having 2,25 km of torp spot (proper build) and high maneuveurebility when facing such slow low tier torps.

• Cool 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,054 posts
13,841 battles

I remember playing the Arkansas B a number of months ago (it was probably for the snowflake event) for the first time after the CV rework and selecting AA sector and being shown a message that there was no AA.

• Funny 4

[CATS]
Players
28,796 posts
15,091 battles
5 minutes ago, Furius_Marius said:

Myogi really needing some buffs there...

And she already got a lot of them.

[BABBY]
Players
780 posts
11,230 battles
1 hour ago, Furius_Marius said:

Myogi got buffed?? When? What?

Sigma to 2.0 and reload buff if i remember right

Beta Tester
5,394 posts
21,804 battles
On 7/5/2020 at 6:53 PM, Lord0 said:

Yeah they just loitered over me and struck me three times, all the time.

Imagine how new players find this?

I would think that new players don't give a flying f*ck about the Nikolai getting r*ped by CVs as

1. Nikolai is a world famous sealclubbing ship and even the players in your team will cheer when it goes down and
  2. new players have about 0% chance to get their hands on a Nikolai... or Arkansa Beta... or some other ships that might only come up in some x-mas containers :)

Compared to that, new players will probably be quite p*ssed because of their regular "silver" ships being useless against CVs :)

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
28,796 posts
15,091 battles
1 hour ago, Furius_Marius said:

Myogi got buffed?? When? What?

Japanese battleship Myogi

• Hull A: Main battery loading time was reduced from 33 to 30 sec;
  • Hull A: Main battery traverse speed was increased from 3.0 to 4.0 deg/s;
  • The sigma parameter was increased from 1.8 to 2.0.

Japanese battleships

Myogi:

• The reloading time of the main guns has been reduced from 30 to 28 seconds
  • The armor penetration of the 356 mm AP Type5 shells has been increased

• Cool 1

[ANV]
Players
555 posts
4,796 battles
20 minutes ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

I would think that new players don't give a flying f*ck about the Nikolai getting r*aped by CVs as

1. Nikolai is a world famous sealclubbing ship and even the players in your team will cheer when it goes down and
  2. new players have about 0% chance to get their hands on a Nikolai... or Arkansa Beta... or some other ships that might only come up in some x-mas containers :)

Compared to that, new players will probably be quite p*ssed because of their regular "silver" ships being useless against CVs :)

1) Check my stats: I've hardly played either of them yet alone been a career clubber. 

2) I doubt new players are aware of either of the ships so I doubt they will cheer when sunk. Veterans on the other hand... 

3) I wasnt suggesting they would care about Nikolai/me getting sunk, rather wondering what they thought when they were the focus of the CVs. 

4) you seem angry

Beta Tester
5,394 posts
21,804 battles
3 hours ago, Lord0 said:

1) Check my stats: I've hardly played either of them yet alone been a career clubber. 

2) I doubt new players are aware of either of the ships so I doubt they will cheer when sunk. Veterans on the other hand... 

3) I wasnt suggesting they would care about Nikolai/me getting sunk, rather wondering what they thought when they were the focus of the CVs. 

4) you seem angry

1. Can't say I care about your stats or if you sealclub in the Nikolai or not... still Nikolai is a sealclubber's ship of choice.. like my Kamikaze ^^
  2. I doubt you meet many too many new players when you take the Nicolai for a ride anyway... with newbie protection and stuff... and the chance to either advance through the ranks and tiers fast or for money... at least to me it looks as if I only meet "veterans" when going into the depths of low tiers
  3. well, that one I answered. They probably would feel f*cked ^^
  4. on the contrary... I'm quite amused.

I like meeting Nikolais in battle btw. They seem to have a slight dislike against torpedoes. Which suits me fine.

Arkansas B on the other hand can sometimes just be too nasty... unless when it gets in a two CV battle with slightly capable CV players. Then it's toast.

[ANV]
Players
555 posts
4,796 battles
5 minutes ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:
  1. Can't say I care about your stats or if you sealclub in the Nikolai or not... still Nikolai is a sealclubber's ship of choice.. like my Kamikaze ^^
  2. I doubt you meet many too many new players when you take the Nicolai for a ride anyway... with newbie protection and stuff... and the chance to either advance through the ranks and tiers fast or for money... at least to me it looks as if I only meet "veterans" when going into the depths of low tiers
  3. well, that one I answered. They probably would feel f*cked ^^
  4. on the contrary... I'm quite amused.

I like meeting Nikolais in battle btw. They seem to have a slight dislike against torpedoes. Which suits me fine.

Arkansas B on the other hand can sometimes just be too nasty... unless when it gets in a two CV battle with slightly capable CV players. Then it's toast.

I think we were at cross purposes mate. No worries

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,054 posts
13,841 battles
12 hours ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

new players have about 0% chance to get their hands on a Nikolai... or Arkansa Beta... or some other ships that might only come up in some x-mas containers :)

Players who did not participate int he beta and had 'n' battles in a period of time have 0% chance to get the Arkansas Beta as it was a reward ship for doing so (not just new players).    I won't mention the reward ship for the players who were in the alpha.

Sign in to follow this