Adm_Ballsey

German Aircraft Carriers WIP Gameplay Cv Line Tier 4 Rhein Tier 6 Weser Tier 8 August von Parseval

6 comments in this topic

[SLAPP]
Community Contributor
305 posts
19,196 battles

Hello and welcome once again everyone, the German aircraft carriers will be entering the game in early access in update 0.9.6 coming soon to World of Warships. I've been fortunate to be able to test and play them during the last few weeks and for the first time I'm allowed to share some actual game footage. Fast aircraft with relatively low hp, attack aircraft that are capable of citadelling lightly armored cruisers and armor piercing bombs and of course torpedo bombers. Starting with the tier 4 Rhein this gameplay footage is taken from my live stream to give you an idea of what they are capable of, I'll update this post with footage of the tier 6 Weser and tier 8 August von Parseval in the next few days. Bear in mind I'm not a cv player in general so don't expect any miracles. I hope you enjoy the video and until the next time keep sailing it like you stole it.

Tier 6 Weser

I'm uploading content every week to You Tube and you can also find me now on Twitch also under the same name you can find both links here below.

My YouTube Channel link once again is Carbine Carlito You Tube
You can now also find me on Carbine Carlito Twitch

• Cool 2

Players
392 posts
3,934 battles

I think WG did a great job with those CVs, they are well balanced, offer different mechanics and game play, and they have high skill ceiling compared to the current ones.

Thanks for sharing this video.

I can't wait to get my hands on those myself.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

Players
103 posts

Well balanced? Are you mad? Never seen such piece of useless crap than Weser. Perfect ship to cripple your team. Worst CV of them all... and how often you got such perfect situation like on Top Tier's videos? Rarely...

Skill? More dependent on RNG and team-matching... 

After few games my average (last days) PR of CV's went down from 2700 PR to I don't even want to mention it... it is a huge god damn joke. I am not touching this crap anymore. 

For example it ALWAYS throws me VIII tier game. Enemy is always stacked, often there are 3-4 DD's...

Weser:

• can't (shouldn't) strike any-size battlegroup (unless you want to end with 0 planes after 7-8 minutes) - come on, rarely you find a idiot that roams alone... at least I don't have such games...
  • can't harass DD's without any fire support... useless rocks, bombs, torpedoes
  • BB's are laughing at you - insta dying planes and useless torpedoes - even hungry mosquito would do more damage to the ship due to blood-drinking of the crewmen...
  • did i said torpedo planes are dying fast? I meant that every plane is made of eco-recycled paper. Too much paper... 
  • rockets are waaaaaay overrated, for me it is a big joke - i even had "fun" testing them on training room for like an hour... 

And I have never seen (while playing on other ships) a Weser, that would do anything or had any impact on the game...

For me it is most pathetic showdown/circus that WG served us for a long time. I waited for german CV's for a years - and if I would say that I am disappointed... it would be a huge understatement.

Just read reddit... people are... little angry at WG incompetence. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Players
392 posts
3,934 battles
On 7/18/2020 at 11:00 PM, PrinzSiegfried said:

Well balanced? Are you mad? Never seen such piece of useless crap than Weser. Perfect ship to cripple your team. Worst CV of them all... and how often you got such perfect situation like on Top Tier's videos? Rarely...

Skill? More dependent on RNG and team-matching... 

After few games my average (last days) PR of CV's went down from 2700 PR to I don't even want to mention it... it is a huge god damn joke. I am not touching this crap anymore. 

For example it ALWAYS throws me VIII tier game. Enemy is always stacked, often there are 3-4 DD's...

Weser:

• can't (shouldn't) strike any-size battlegroup (unless you want to end with 0 planes after 7-8 minutes) - come on, rarely you find a idiot that roams alone... at least I don't have such games...
  • can't harass DD's without any fire support... useless rocks, bombs, torpedoes
  • BB's are laughing at you - insta dying planes and useless torpedoes - even hungry mosquito would do more damage to the ship due to blood-drinking of the crewmen...
  • did i said torpedo planes are dying fast? I meant that every plane is made of eco-recycled paper. Too much paper... 
  • rockets are waaaaaay overrated, for me it is a big joke - i even had "fun" testing them on training room for like an hour... 

And I have never seen (while playing on other ships) a Weser, that would do anything or had any impact on the game...

For me it is most pathetic showdown/circus that WG served us for a long time. I waited for german CV's for a years - and if I would say that I am disappointed... it would be a huge understatement.

Just read reddit... people are... little angry at WG incompetence. 

No, this is how CV should be balanced around, not according to the current broken lines. 

Weser is a strong ship that has high skill ceiling and requires effort and understanding of game mechanics to work.

When i first got it, the first thing i did was going to training battles, and for around 1-2 hours i sat and tested the AP rockets on ALL tier 6-8 cruisers to figure out how the patterns  work and what is the best reticle position to launch them.

I did the same for the dive bombers as well to figure out its RNG dispersion and where bombs tend to drop.

I also tested which ships can be citadeled and which are not and are a waste of time.

Then i went into random battle for the first time and:

Spoiler

shot-20_07.09_18_25.31-0636.thumb.jpg.80a1f207f4dfba20189e921550f1752d.jpg

In non-stomp games, at tier 6, I can consistently pull 80k+ damage in Weser.

The fun stops when you get uptiered, which happens too often, sadly.

Out of all german CV, Weser secondaries are the the best in their tier, since they penetrate everything at tier 5-7, allowing for some clutch plays and playing close to the front lines.

Target selection and map reading and awareness is how you make your planes work.

Weser is a ship that suffers A LOT from being uptiered, especially vs monsters like Massachusetts and tier 8 cruisers which you can't penetrate with AP rockets, but even in tier 8 games, you can ALWAYS find the place in the map where you will be useful to the team and there is always a target you can drop.

From my 40+ games in weser, at least 60% of them were bottom tier and i still managed to pull an average of 60k damage in tier 8 games. In tier 6 games Weser is a monster, and if you know how to position your carrier in the front lines and how to use your secondaries when they are needed then you will be rewarded. I pulled out so many wins when I won flanks by charging into DDs and cruisers with secondaries, dodging torps and wiping them, combining the plane high speed and proximity to the front lines allows you to repeatedly hammer down targets with next to no plane travel time. You will have very high influence if you are a good CV player and you will fail horrendously if you fail to understand which target to drop, when to drop it and where to drive your CV to maximize your plane speed, sit in cap and not move your CV around...etc.

Weser is not an easy CV to play, nor it should be, obviously its inferior to current CV (IJN,US) because in those every potato can come and smack a DD for 8k rocket strike, its flawed comparison because the current CV lines are broken on fundamental level, counter play exists for current CV lines, but its limited and mostly its the CV player that dictates if you live or die, in the german CV its not the case, both sides have saying in the matter.

Sadly I'm still missing the Parseval, but so far the german CV are my favorite CV line in the game, maybe they need slight tweaks, like improving AP rockets angles and slight buff to torpedo bombers but overall I think WG did a great job with them.

• Cool 1

[-URK-]
Players
41 posts
13,843 battles

Steveraptor can you shared some hints? Untill now the only thing that works are torps that can hit DDs, but AP rockets cant be used against DDs and if we start too soon we cant get to the target and if its too close we overshoot, and no citadels with ap rockets, should i aim to the superstructure or belt or front/end? , the bombs are good but only against BBs cruisers are hard to get and useless vs DDs.

Secondaries are good but with 5 km range its kind of last  resort, if you survided you are almost dead.

In general they are really bad for starters.

Can you share also the best range for starting attacks?

Thank you.

[IUN]
[IUN]
Players
82 posts
7,098 battles

image.thumb.png.cb7b2dc57c75afc32b4d0d9ca81bc0dd.png

Very good ship xD

38k dmg is just what i needed, those planes just melt in sky even if u attack single target. lol