Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
_Xaero_

How to make the Kremlin work?

15 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[DAVY]
Players
163 posts
10,765 battles

I really enjoyed the soviet line, enjoyed every BB up to the Kremlin as well which is unusual for me when grinding a ship line. I just can't seem to make the ship work, though.

At close engagements when I should have accurate guns, I maybe get one or two hits if i'm lucky even when aiming square on the target, not mentioning in two HE salvos i'm left with 4% of my AA rendering one of the strong points of my ship obsolete in CV games :P

I had great success in the Sovestsky Soyuz, locking down caps and by parking bow on and using islands to block line of sight, etc etc.

Not sure if i'm just potato'ing super hard in the ship or if i'm just playing it wrong, any suggestions will be appreciated! :fish_happy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SKRUB]
Players
568 posts
22,193 battles
24 minutes ago, _Xaero_ said:

 in two HE salvos i'm left with 4% of my AA

Against that, you can do nothing, it's a wonky game mechanic, that jump oustide of the window, when a ship like conqueror is in the game.

 

 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,027 posts
16,512 battles
1 hour ago, _Xaero_ said:

in two HE salvos i'm left with 4% of my AA

 

1 hour ago, Lebedjev said:

Against that, you can do nothing, it's a wonky game mechanic, that jump oustide of the window, when a ship like conqueror is in the game.

 

Blame the comunity for this stupid nerf and loud cryes about how OP this garbage was on reliece. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SKRUB]
Players
568 posts
22,193 battles
2 minutes ago, Azalgor said:

Blame the comunity for this stupid nerf and loud cryes about how OP this garbage was on reliece. 

 

I blame nobody, the fact that you could loose all your AA after few ennemy shoot is nothing new.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[I-J-N]
Players
5,730 posts

It almost seems like the guns only work on certain angles. Otherwise, they miss most of the time. Also, the Desync is always a factor, and may or may not explain the number of overpens you get these days on any BB.

 

The Kremlin is not my favorite BB...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WONLY]
Players
428 posts
16,698 battles

Same for me, it's the only T10 BB that won't give me decent results. The gun performance is underwhelming most of the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,027 posts
16,512 battles
11 hours ago, Lebedjev said:

I blame nobody, the fact that you could loose all your AA after few ennemy shoot is nothing new.

It is not new, and that can happen sure, but Kremlin had a massive nerf to its AA HP that reduces it to 0% after 1-2 salvos, which is NOT common nor can be called normal, and thats the result of whines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SKRUB]
Players
568 posts
22,193 battles

So, let's come back to Krem.

It's kinda difficult, to tell you how to make your Krem work, we can give you general advice, like :

 

You look like to suffer against HE, but what about your capt skill do you have fire prevention ? CE ? When do you put down a fire, 1, 2 ? 

Do you have difficulty with your positioning ? Do you sometime end up alone in a flank ? Do you get torp a lot ? What ship actually kill you the most ?

 

For gun, at close range, accuracy became less and less a problem, but how will you describe it ? Are you sure it's really that bad ? Owning kreml and playing with it, i don't encounter the same pbrm, but i could be wrong about her gun.

 

See, you want this ship to work for you, but what do you really except ?

You describe your Soviet Soyuz (T9 Ru BB) like a denial ship, blocking cap zone, by parking your ship (it's really look like a Yamato playstyle), but if you play like that you will get focus and torp by your foes, i don't said it's wrong, however sometime it's not be the best choice to win the game, if a smolensk appear and farm you for "free", your contribution to your team, could not be enought to win the game.

 

You play 22 battle with her, it's not a "lot", maybe spend more time ? Or grind another line and come back later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TTT]
Moderator
1,625 posts
14,901 battles
3 hours ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

 

What in blazes is that? :Smile_amazed:

Tell me witch part of what I said you find confusing, please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[I-J-N]
Players
5,730 posts
2 minutes ago, _Teob_ said:

Tell me witch part of what I said you find confusing, please.

 

Never even heard of such a forum... is it popular?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TTT]
Moderator
1,625 posts
14,901 battles
2 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

 

Never even heard of such a forum... is it popular?

You are typing in it right now.

Class forums tend to be quite popular, yeah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[I-J-N]
Players
5,730 posts
10 minutes ago, _Teob_ said:

You are typing in it right now.

Class forums tend to be quite popular, yeah.

 

I only ended up here with the thread though. I been here for years, never popped in otherwise...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Modder
5,055 posts
22,872 battles
7 hours ago, Lebedjev said:

You describe your Soviet Soyuz (T9 Ru BB) like a denial ship, blocking cap zone, by parking your ship (it's really look like a Yamato playstyle), but if you play like that you will get focus and torp by your foes, i don't said it's wrong, however sometime it's not be the best choice to win the game, if a smolensk appear and farm you for "free", your contribution to your team, could not be enought to win the game.

I can confirm that SS played like that is most often burned and torped to the ground, while her "mythically accurate" guns are doing a little even on not so far distaces. Especially playing solo this tactics is very questionable. At least for me it's not working at high tiers, becouse such denial ship require a lot of team support which random team can't provide.

 

Even playing Des I had much better results when playing with old legendary mod in constant manuveur, than parked in one place in theoretical safety, but without possibility of retreat. Such stationary forward ships require very high personal skill and good team mates too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×