You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

[Poll] Did you get a ship from the 1st "Independence Day Random Bundles" roll (i.e. 1/131) for 1.500 Doubloons?

[Poll] Did you get a ship from the 1st "Independence Day Random Bundles" roll (i.e. 1/131) for 1.500 Doubloons?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Did you get a ship from the 1st "Independence Day Random Bundles" roll (i.e. 1/131) for 1.500 Doubloons?

• Yes
    • No

52 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,761 posts
17,393 battles

Hi all,

"Independence Day Random Bundles"

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/sales-and-events/premium-shop-095/#random-bundles

t6iRZ0I.png

Hdifwv1.png

I, most certainly, didn't... :Smile_hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"

• Funny 2

[JRM]
Players
7,239 posts

No, I bought few not for ships but to restock my camo and super economic flag stock that is sort of low after may regrinds, might buy few more but I have the ships anyways so...

Players
1,955 posts
3,728 battles

Yes i did. USS Wichita from the first bundle (the only one i opened, the second one are flags). Got it yesterday evening; at that price it was a bargain

1977971618_Catturawichita.thumb.JPG.20158862293b65c86e1505ada4c63f0c.JPGshot-20_07.03_20_26.47-0256.thumb.jpg.5a95e7650abccf7e4c2049e186b68f96.jpg

• Cool 6

[-TPF-]
Players
4,359 posts
18,216 battles

No. The only ships in that list (that I want) and which I don't already have are Massachusetts, Alaska and Georgia. I have enough resources for the latter two anyway and Massachusetts (with the coupon) is the same price as opening seven random boxes. So if I wanted it, I would just buy it. I can see that the random bundles might be an interesting gamble for people without many US premiums, but it doesn't appeal to me - especially since I've had no luck with other recent random boxes.

[OGHF]
Players
1,246 posts
22,778 battles

I thought there would be NO CHANCE that I would even contemplate spending 1500 Doubloon's to buy a few flags to see what was in the next box, BUT, I looked and the first box was open and there was no flags or camo, just  this piece of scrap metal  it was my Lucky Day :Smile_teethhappy: A Massachusetts for 1500 doubloon's, get in :cat_cool:

673972283_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2020_07.03-14_08_14_13.thumb.png.4cb1a94ce23dded484d5891b34913b47.png

• Cool 12

[-TPF-]
Players
4,359 posts
18,216 battles
3 minutes ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

Yes i did. USS Wichita from the first bundle (the only one i opened, the second one are flags). Got it yesterday evening; at that price it was a bargain

Enjoy. Wichita's a great ship, very different to the other US cruisers. You must be pleased! 

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
7,239 posts

Well she aint that different to old New Orleans really

• Cool 1

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
11,817 posts

6 different accounts across the servers, 3 had a ship as first bundle (Indianapolis, Boise, Kidd)

• Cool 2

Players
2,395 posts
32,146 battles
10 minutes ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

1977971618_Catturawichita.thumb.JPG.20158862293b65c86e1505ada4c63f0c.JPGshot-20_07.03_20_26.47-0256.thumb.jpg.5a95e7650abccf7e4c2049e186b68f96.jpg

It’s more than a bargain. It is like ripping off the system while it tries to rip off your dobloons :cap_haloween:

About Wichita, I like her. Wichita gives the feeling that she is an offspring of uss ca/cl line but more on the heavy side. Have a good sail with her.

• Cool 2

Players
2,395 posts
32,146 battles
4 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

6 different accounts across the servers, 3 had a ship as first bundle (Indianapolis, Boise, Kidd)

Those are some good ships there and nice jackpots for first bundle.

[-TPF-]
Players
4,359 posts
18,216 battles
15 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Well she aint that different to old New Orleans really

CA guns, CL nimbleness, and you can take her out in the open water, which is fun. I don't think I ever had old New Orleans, but the current one is very enjoyable to play.

• Cool 1

Players
1,955 posts
3,728 battles
4 minuti fa, Execute0rder66 ha scritto:

It’s more than a bargain. It is like ripping off the system while it tries to rip off your dobloons :cap_haloween:

5 minuti fa, Execute0rder66 ha scritto:

About Wichita, I like her. Wichita gives the feeling that she is an offspring of uss ca/cl line but more on the heavy side. Have a good sail with her.

I use to call her "The battlecruiser of armoured cruiesrs",because it's the compromise between a light cruiser (Brooklyn class hull, more like and Helena hull actually) and a Heavy Crusier (8 inch guns); and all within 10.900 tons standard.

IMG_20200704_092658.thumb.jpg.4e3ea0b2d1b4312c3ec54fd2f6712679.jpg

• Cool 3

[SERBS]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,571 posts
9,434 battles

[GOON]
Beta Tester
111 posts
4,010 battles

Nope, flags and / or camos. Honestly my eyes glazed over and I'm not 100% sure what it contained, but certainly not ships.

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,445 posts
18,663 battles

No ship in the first one and I have no intentions of going down that rabbithole.

On a side note...

I have all the ships on the list so what would I get if a ship was the next bundle? Haven't seen anything about that.

Players
1,955 posts
3,728 battles
6 minuti fa, Hanse77SWE ha scritto:

I have all the ships on the list so what would I get if a ship was the next bundle? Haven't seen anything about that.

you get 3k doubloons if you already have the ship

• Cool 1

Players
3,379 posts
18,920 battles

I got Massa from the first bundle which is very nice since I only owned Massa B yet.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
71 posts
23,950 battles

Yes, a ship in the first bundle.

Of course it is Saipan and I could not care any less.

Congratulations on the Wichitas and Massachusetts though.

• Cool 1

[ICI]
Beta Tester
45 posts
4,199 battles

Sooooo here's my story, I was 50k free xp away from finally getting the Alaska, so in anticipation of that I open up the armoury to buy a radar range mod for coal and notice some new stuff in the featured tab. I see they're advertising that ship with all the negative reviews, California bleh, also new bundles for 1,500 gold... I thought to myself geez what a rip off, 500 gold was bad enough before for the Soviet and EU bundles. I open it up anyways to see what they're offering. They're.... "offering" an Alaska for 1,500 gold................ uhhhh... what?... this has to be a bug right? seriously weird but holy hell in a hand basket I'm snapping that up before they change their minds. I read up on Reddit later on all about it and quickly learned it wasn't a mistake, i was just very very lucky. Talk about good timing though.

Very weird how things turn out, months of playing the game and always having an eye on the free xp counter, ever so slowly rising up, looking forward to that day when I could get the Alaska, then WG just offers it up to me on a silver platter practically right there when I was about to unlock it anyway.

I guess that just means I'm now half way to unlocking the Småland! :D

[SM0KE]
Players
6,427 posts
14,944 battles

Two accounts, and a 'no' for both.

I don't feel the urge the gamble at all on this: I have all the ships already, and the compensation for a repeat is much lower than it typically would be (and none of the bundles contain coal, as far as I can see).