You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
IanH755

Independence day Bundles in Armoury - I have Whaled so you don't have to and the Ship Odds are Terrible.

30 comments in this topic

[-IAN-]
Players
2,043 posts
6,904 battles

Hi All,

As per the title I've done some whaling so that other people, who may decide to have a go, a fully aware of just how bad the gambling odds are at getting a ship so consider this a public gambling warning. I already have all the ships that it is possible to win in this gambling event so, for me, this was more just to see if I could get my doubloons back in Compensation and, unsurprisingly, I didn't get a single ship.

I spent 30,000 doubloons (£83) and got the following -

Untitled.thumb.jpg.7748cdbab40b8f8471f541bedb635774.jpg

So no ships, just camos and signals so if you were tempted in any way shape or form just be fully aware that the unpublished odds of winning this gambling game and getting a ship are tiny, so be warned!

EDIT - Just for the Maths fans - It would take £550 to buy enough doubloons to guarantee every ship - LOL!

• Cool 7
  • Funny 3

[CAIN]
Players
4,825 posts
20,091 battles

That was to be expected. 

You could have saved 80 bucks and just asked here on the forums, or send me a pm, I would have told you that for 20. ^^

• Funny 7

Players
1,738 posts
1 minute ago, IanH755 said:

Hi All,

As per the title I've done some whaling so that other people, who may decide to have a go, a fully aware of just how bad the gambling odds are at getting a ship so consider this a public gambling warning. I already have all the ships that it is possible to win in this gambling event so, for me, this was more just to see if I could get my doubloons back in Compensation and, unsurprisingly, I didn't get a single ship.

So no ships, just camos and signals so if you were tempted in any way shape or form just be fully aware that the unpublished odds of winning this gambling game and getting a ship are tiny, so be warned!

I got a ship in bundle 1. 

I had the ship already so for 1.5k I got 3K + a port slot + a Captain 3pts.  Thank you WG

unknown.png

unknown.png

• Cool 6

[BGNAV]
Players
193 posts
22,087 battles

A friend got the 1st bundle wich was camo and some flags just to see whats in the 2nd one and there was an Alaska. He got it even if he had the ship already! Got 3500 doubloons as compensation! So he earned 500 doubloons and some flags in total 

Beta Tester
1,027 posts
16,512 battles
53 minutes ago, Capt_John_Black said:

I got a ship in bundle 1

I think Sims is bait, as i got it too in the first bundle, i consider myself a winner and nothing else goona be spent as the next one is a bunch of flags.

• Cool 1

[BOBS]
Beta Tester
258 posts
3,486 battles
27 minutes ago, CeKyPuTo said:

A friend got the 1st bundle wich was camo and some flags just to see whats in the 2nd one and there was an Alaska. He got it even if he had the ship already! Got 3500 doubloons as compensation! So he earned 500 doubloons and some flags in total 

only 3500 doubloons for Alaska?! 🤔

[-TCP-]
Players
233 posts
6,801 battles

Umm. I already have Sims and Kidd and Massa and Georgia. All for coal or from box drops. I'll keep my wallet closed.

Edit - Ok I had a look at the boxes - 1st box - USS Wichita. I spent  the 1500d's and added it to my prem/freemium USN collection. I hear its a good ship too.

• Cool 1

Players
10,263 posts
12,019 battles
1 hour ago, IanH755 said:

Hi All,

EDIT - Just for the Maths fans - It would take £550 to buy enough doubloons to guarantee every ship - LOL!

And I've got Massa on first pull. RNGesus giveth, RNGesus taketh

[1FA]
Players
395 posts
17,969 battles

It looks that I have been incredibly lucky with this:
(Also notice the whales' checkbox)
k.thumb.jpg.fa4ec56f38978af2d64972c82b959b86.jpg

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
633 posts
12,471 battles
3 hours ago, IanH755 said:

Just for the Maths fans - It would take £550 to buy enough doubloons to guarantee every ship - LOL!

If you like maths, then I can tell you that the ships alone cost about 420 euros in the premium shop. Not sure exactly how many signals and camos you get, but if you buy all that directly I presume the total will be about the same.

[SM0KE]
Players
6,411 posts
14,935 battles

The doubloons compensation seems remarkably low if you have the ship already...?

[OHRIP]
Players
1,128 posts
9,817 battles

Maybe I am missing something but I don't see any ship in that gambling pool that would have me vaguely interested. :Smile_hiding:

[RODS]
Players
1,598 posts
7,706 battles
9 hours ago, IanH755 said:

I already have all the ships that it is possible to win in this gambling event so, for me, this was more just to see if I could get my doubloons back in Compensation and, unsurprisingly, I didn't get a single ship.

Well done ! A true whale doesn´t care if he gets value after all its only money

I too already have all the ships but couldn´t bring myself to gambling for them again

• Funny 1

[I-J-N]
Players
5,730 posts

@IanH755OP, you're a Prince (of Whales), you deserve the medal! :Smile_medal:

11 hours ago, Marble_Eyes said:

if only people would stop spending money for these..

I did. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 2

Weekend Tester
859 posts
10,127 battles
7 hours ago, Verblonde said:

The doubloons compensation seems remarkably low if you have the ship already...?

I think its just intended as a consolation prize, rather than full doubloon compensation for the ship.

Its enough doubloons for you to "have another go for free".

• Cool 2

Players
451 posts
2,428 battles

For once i actually have to thank WarGaming, not a single thing on that list even remotely tempted me... Good job helping me save money WeeGee, well done!

I mean if they had had Enterprise as part of the ship list...  (shudders at how much money would have been spent)

Come on Wargaming, your going to have to try harder than that to break into my fortress of wallet(ude)

• Cool 4

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,824 posts
25,528 battles

:Smile_amazed: eeeerrm..... how many prems of those u could have bought right from the prem shop 4 that money, like 2-4?! :Smile_unsure:

• Cool 2

[I-J-N]
Players
5,730 posts
5 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

:Smile_amazed: eeeerrm..... how many prems of those u could have bought right from the prem shop 4 that money, like 2-4?! :Smile_unsure:

Where's the profit fun in that?

Players
397 posts
14,246 battles

If I could see what is beyond the first 'flag and cammo' bundle then I might be tempted, but not prepared to 'gamble'.

However, opened my NA account and the first bundle was the Indianapolis, second was the Boise (didn't buy that one).

[SM0KE]
Players
6,411 posts
14,935 battles
1 minute ago, Monalie said:

first bundle was the Indianapolis, second was the Boise (didn't buy that one).

Boise is rather good, if you don't have her already - certainly worth 1,500 doubloons IMO.