Server Downtime 21/02 04:00 UTC Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Yusuf_Ismail

The Hotspot Map

9 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
23 posts
607 battles

I hate this map and think it is very unbalanced, its hard to coordinate your forces when spawned in two different sides of the map so if one side loses then the team loses. All the battles I've played on that map have resulted in defeat.

Alpha Tester
521 posts
1,343 battles

This map is seriously flawed. If played with one cap in middle it's often exploited by DDs and fast cruisers that get to cap asap and finish game in the matter of few minutes. The other thing is problem of a spawn point for carriers that puts them almost in plain view for enemy team. 

Beta Tester
4 posts
1,079 battles

As Woland said, the main problem i've had with this map is playing in a carrier, spawning in, and getting spotted immediately, with nowhere to go as the enemy team closes in from both sides.

Generally, myself and everyone I regularly play in divisions with absolutely despise this map, I think with good reason.

Beta Tester
62 posts

This map is seriously flawed. If played with one cap in middle it's often exploited by DDs and fast cruisers that get to cap asap and finish game in the matter of few minutes. The other thing is problem of a spawn point for carriers that puts them almost in plain view for enemy team. 

I had exactly that same thing happen yesterday my entire team rush cap  and i got to fire 1 salvo then game over what a nice daily that was in xp :angry:  The map is no good for slow moving ships you just cant react fast enough and even your in range you cant shoot nothing as the cap is covered by island so enemy has plenty of cover so to speak, I think this map should be removed or serioulsy reworked also why am i getting every second game i know we need to test but with 5000 players on surely not everyone needs to play that rubbish map.
Edited by pixelwarrior_1

Beta Tester
1,739 posts
1,771 battles

I think, the main problem with Hot Spot is, that typically JoeAverage has already problems with map awareness and tactics on normal maps, while Hot Spot requires a lot more awareness of team and enemy movement on the map, including good decision making, when to push where.

I have not yet played this map in a division, but I guess split division on both spawns is possible, which also is quite bad on this map.

Beta Tester
177 posts
1,543 battles

have lost 2 times on this map now other team capped and very few ships lost so now I say in chat all go 1 way for the combined fire power don't split or just head straight towards the cap most times now players just go for the cap , 1 game was over fast we capped and no ships was even lost both sides

[ST-EU]
Supertester
3,402 posts
18,351 battles

As soon as it was released for testing and they had these spawn points and cap points the way they had been placed I knew it would be a fail. The map itself is great, don't get me wrong there as it has enough open areas as well as those little spots where dastardly destroyers could lay in wait. The spawn points need to placed so that enemy and ally teams are together and not opposite each other and the cap points designed so that it is hard to maintain a cap without good defending and attacking tactics. Yesterday I was in my trusty Mutsuki and rushed the cap, as everyone else had engaged in battle I had an unhindered time completing the cap, not one ship was sunk. Some may say that it was the failure of the enemy to attack but as the map is quite large for tier 5 and 6 they were too far away to defend/attack. No, this map needs a rethink on spawn points and capping areas to make this a viable map.

Beta Tester
2 posts
86 battles

I like it. It forces movement and closer ranged fights compared to the other maps which means more interesting matches. BBs and carriers can't just sit at the corner of the map as they risk being left behind and overwhelmed. The teams also have interesting tactical choices. They can either try to attack the same corner and try to link up with the friendlies, or they can rotate and chase each others' tail.

It's a map that rewards movement and punishes those who play safe. It's a great concept.

• Cool 1

[-RFA-]
Alpha Tester
237 posts
9,749 battles

I really like this map!
It makes the team commited, and creats some great oppetunities for gun battles, it also gives the DD's some good hunting grounds, and the Cruisers can really make an impact... The problem with CV is not something I have seen, but if there is a issue, then it should be made right.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this