Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Valkyrie514

Do you find it irritating when a match just instantly ends when a team caps?

23 comments in this topic

[POI--]
Beta Tester
193 posts
1,142 battles

I don't think it can be called a real problem, but it irritates the hell out of me. When I am having a nice little duel with the enemy, and as a particularly dangerous looking salvo is about to hit, the game ends, everything stops, and I am on the results screen... It just leaves me with a feeling of frustration, especially when the game is won or lost early via capping (not going to complain about that right now as that is not what this is about) and the game ends instantly without warning.

What I would like is this.

A mod that adds a clear and noticeable audio warning when there is less than 10 secs left on the cap / the devs to make the current cap counter sound more clear.

A 5-10 second period of time added after a victory or defeat where you are able to type in chat and finish what you are doing with an enemy ship. This doesn't have to have an effect on the result such as killing the last ship on the enemy team to change a cap loss to a kill win. I just really hate how things end in an instant giving you no time to even put a gg in chat.

I would be happy with only the first one, but both would be awesome. And I know this really is not important compared to the other aspects of the game that need tweaking and improving, but sometimes the little thins can really make a difference to how a game feels.

[REKT]
Beta Tester
318 posts
4,041 battles

Ninja caps are anoying as hell.

I really don't mind capping later in the game, as it can be s good way to nail the win, or to prevent a long boring chase after the last ships running away.

But a ninja cap just sucks, you get crap rewards and you don't get to fight, and isn't that why we are here? To fight?

Beta Tester
1,500 posts
4,666 battles

Doesn't WoT have some ... 7 seconds after cap before the game ends? I've seen battles that were lost with 100% cap when the last (capping) tenk was destroyed but the game did not register the cap win because there's that "cooldown" or what you would call it.

Annoying when said capped but lost happens, but otherwise I'm cool with that.

[POI--]
Beta Tester
193 posts
1,142 battles

Doesn't WoT have some ... 7 seconds after cap before the game ends? I've seen battles that were lost with 100% cap when the last (capping) tenk was destroyed but the game did not register the cap win because there's that "cooldown" or what you would call it.

Annoying when said capped but lost happens, but otherwise I'm cool with that.

I would prefer it like that yeah. Even if killing the last person still didn't make you win because the cap was already lost. Not complaining about people capping here, just that the game ends in that instant and freezes everything that was going on instead of giving you time to see just what happened and maybe get 1 last shot off.

Alpha Tester
5,609 posts
5,568 battles

There is a sound effect playing when cap is near, it can be omitted quite easily tho if someone is focused.

About instant end - this is definite upgrade comparing to wot, when i've seen tons of draws when both teams caps and cap delay makes even 20+% difference in base cap into a draw. And. I. Hate. Draws. More than anything.

Blocking cap for first few minutes? I hope that never happens, because dumbing down game is last thing you need, and if you played THAT bad to allow enemies to cap in first few minutes, then your lose is fully deserved and you need to pay attention next time.

Beta Tester
116 posts
2,423 battles

No don't care. The goal is that you win the round. It's absolutely a secondery question how achive you (with full kill or with cap). By the way that's the reason why so many rounds are lost becouse people are going for the kill. A good example for this when the players are going for the enemy carrier. They don't care that the enemy team is capping the flag the point is let's kill more and let's get one more frag for me. This is not a single player game.......

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
177 posts
1,543 battles

game was designed with that option sink all or cap maybe a draw  everyone loves options do you want to take away a option  we all have to learn to play the game with the parameters game was designed and learn to play each ship strengths , I do think when game does go live many of these issues hopefully will go away

[POI--]
Beta Tester
193 posts
1,142 battles

Some of you seem to be missing the point... I don't care right now that people cap to win, thats fine I can live with it. But right now when one team caps the game is over and everything freezes in that instant, and that really irritates me. As for what Vanhal said about WoT having more draws because the delay gives the other team chance to cap as well, I think it would work with a delay like in tanks but once a team caps, the victory is sealed and nothing after than would matter. The other team could not win by capping or killing the last enemy ship, the outcome has already been decided.

Beta Tester
116 posts
2,423 battles

Some of you seem to be missing the point... I don't care right now that people cap to win, thats fine I can live with it. But right now when one team caps the game is over and everything freezes in that instant, and that really irritates me. As for what Vanhal said about WoT having more draws because the delay gives the other team chance to cap as well, I think it would work with a delay like in tanks but once a team caps, the victory is sealed and nothing after than would matter. The other team could not win by capping or killing the last enemy ship, the outcome has already been decided.

So you think after the enemy team capped the flag we should have the chance to take it back? When the goal is that you should cap the flag and you capped it than why would we wait 10 or more seconds?

[POI--]
Beta Tester
193 posts
1,142 battles

So you think after the enemy team capped the flag we should have the chance to take it back? When the goal is that you should cap the flag and you capped it than why would we wait 10 or more seconds?

No I think that we should have 10 secs or so to look at what happened and say something in chat (not insults hopefully) and perhaps land the last salvo that was a couple of seconds away from hitting. Or just give a louder audio warning when the cap is about to finish so you don't have your game freeze and end without knowing it was about to happen.

Beta Tester
116 posts
2,423 battles

No I think that we should have 10 secs or so to look at what happened and say something in chat (not insults hopefully) and perhaps land the last salvo that was a couple of seconds away from hitting. Or just give a louder audio warning when the cap is about to finish so you don't have your game freeze and end without knowing it was about to happen.

Understaind. Well by the cap mod you could hear a tik - tak sound. It's quicker and quicker as the line going to the end.

[EIRE]
[EIRE]
Beta Tester
326 posts
19,211 battles

Good lord no. Then we just have the BBs meandering off down the side of the map for hours on end...

The cap points are there to keep people focused and have some kind of goal that doesn't involve going off and having pointless duels at the side of the map.

• Cool 1

[CMP]
Weekend Tester
441 posts
3,834 battles

+1 i think maybe put in a system where you cant cap for first few minutes of game that way it forces the players to fight 

Euhm .... a capping DD right at the start is one of the most effective ways to force the enemy to come fight.

Capping is the objective of the game ... killing the enemy ships is a means to cap safely.

[WJDE]
Beta Tester
520 posts
2,871 battles

NVM

Edited by Khul

Beta Tester
137 posts
1 battles

The problem with extending it 10 seconds is then when a player comes back and says "don't you find it annoying when....".

Yes, I do find it annoying, but no, I don't want it changed because it won't take away the issue, just delays it by 10 seconds.  Adds no value IMO.

Beta Tester
62 posts

Euhm .... a capping DD right at the start is one of the most effective ways to force the enemy to come fight.

Capping is the objective of the game ... killing the enemy ships is a means to cap safely.

In principle i agree but its not much help when your team just totally ignores the cap and you are right over the other side of map and to slow to get back and reset, Where does it state the object of the game was cap? Id rather go out fighting and gain xp than the game be won in the first few minutes by some DD ninja capping in and getting sweet fa xp simply because everyone wants to survive the battle. By all means cap the game if its the only to win but not in the first few minutes just whats the point the whole team suffers.
Edited by pixelwarrior_1

[INTER]
Alpha Tester
168 posts
1,913 battles

A lobby at the end where people can chat might be a good idea but how many people would get to see it? Many of the original starters may well be in their next game already.

[CMP]
Weekend Tester
441 posts
3,834 battles

In principle i agree but its not much help when your team just totally ignores the cap and you are right over the other side of map and to slow to get back and reset, Where does it state the object of the game was cap? Id rather go out fighting and gain xp than the game be won in the first few minutes by some DD ninja capping in and getting sweet fa xp simply because everyone wants to survive the battle. By all means cap the game if its the only to win but not in the first few minutes just whats the point the whole team suffers.

I agree that it feels a bit dirty if you win by cap without much of a fight .... but it's not the faulth of the capping DD that the enemy doesn't want to play.

Ignoring caps is the problem ... not the capping.

I almost never loose by fas cap, cause I play cruisers and I pay attention... so if needed I sacrifice my ship to spot that capper.

Edited by Hummus

[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,045 posts
7,552 battles

Adding a few seconds after victory is something I can easily support. While I have only once not noticed a cap was in progress (my team, so no sounds), I have had plenty of those last second salvos. Adding 10 seconds after the cap would be cool to finish these duels. One game I spectated after dying saw two ship duke it out, one killed the other, but the dying ship's salvo would most likely have killed the winner as the screen showed the shells less than a ship height from hitting. It certainly did feel like the last guy was robbed of a kill, only because he was the last guy standing.

Sign in to follow this