Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MeanGreenUnseen

Mag explosions

24 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
307 posts
2,194 battles

I haven't gotten any so far and neither has anyone else ever got one on me. But I now see people getting the achievement every once in while.

Beta Tester
142 posts
995 battles

I've gotten them a few times, either prior patch and now post patch. We might just be looking at the fact that since now it's known - achievement given and publicized on chat- ppl are more aware of it

Beta Tester
77 posts
2,123 battles

I've never seen one happen but I've seen people get the achievement, can someone please tell me the difference between cit. hit and magazine detonation? Is magazine hit instant death and citadel hit just a certain (although large) amount of damage taken? Thanks in advance :great:

Beta Tester
153 posts

I've never seen one happen but I've seen people get the achievement, can someone please tell me the difference between cit. hit and magazine detonation? Is magazine hit instant death and citadel hit just a certain (although large) amount of damage taken? Thanks in advance :great:

Pretty much that. Assuming you hit the right place, you can oneshot a Yamato.

[GAZ]
Beta Tester
475 posts
6,789 battles

I got one shotted in my amagi a few hours ago single torpedo mag detonation bye bye 58000hp, I did laugh to myself and say WTF 

Beta Tester
463 posts
1,405 battles

i do see them too.

but feels more likely to be an IJN ship, as they are 90% citadel

[SPOOD]
Beta Tester
82 posts
3,966 battles

I had a good one last night, I took a long range hit from a North Carolina  about 18k was maneuvering from a volley from a fuso similar range to the N.C, didn't even see the hit that sent my Amagi from 54K to dead.

Had to give the player a shout out in chat "good shot sir." :honoring:

Weekend Tester
166 posts
120 battles

I got one shotted in my amagi a few hours ago single torpedo mag detonation bye bye 58000hp, I did laugh to myself and say WTF 

its seems "lightly" armored BBs (amagi, NC) are extremly prone to torp mag hits, already got 2 in my NC.

Beta Tester
48 posts
570 battles

I really doubt someone actually aim for mags.  Once again its pure rng to manage this.    Got oneshoted in Fuso by one DD torpedo, by one TB torpedo and by one shell.  Never scored such hit.      So I think we need more random blown ups like mines over battlefield,  rocks from volcano eruption, bird suicide attacks...      Its always fun to be randomly oneshoted!

Beta Tester
74 posts
89 battles

I really doubt someone actually aim for mags.  Once again its pure rng to manage this.    Got oneshoted in Fuso by one DD torpedo, by one TB torpedo and by one shell.  Never scored such hit.      So I think we need more random blown ups like mines over battlefield,  rocks from volcano eruption, bird suicide attacks...      Its always fun to be randomly oneshoted!

I have to be honest, I kinda want to be for the shiny achievement and flag :P

Something I noticed yesterday is how it happened at least once in all the games I played and almost all of the times happened to Destroyers. Maybe it was that common before, I just didn't have a message popping up saying someone got the "Detonation!" achievement :teethhappy:

Edited by TheDraconicLord

[CMP]
Weekend Tester
441 posts
3,818 battles

I have to be honest, I kinda want to be for the shiny achievement and flag :P

Something I noticed yesterday is how it happened at least once in all the games I played and almost all of the times happened to Destroyers. Maybe it was that common before, I just didn't have a message popping up saying someone got the "Detonation!" achievement :teethhappy:

Destroyers have always been pretty easy to blow up. Although you often barely notice, because a citadel hit will take most of the HP away anyway.... so unless it's your first hit any citadel hits are likely to kill it :)

The voice sometimes announces "enemy destroyer blown up" instead of "enemy destroyer sunk/foundered" which I always assumed meant I had blown up his magazine .... yay a 30 hp detonation :P

Beta Tester
266 posts
8,096 battles

I detonated once (in a cruiser, which is logical) in all the games I played after the patch (that I keep track through flags),  so I find it ok.

Beta Tester
386 posts
1,155 battles

I do when brawling another BB in one of mine and he's foolish enough to show his sides. Especially fun with the Yamato because those 18-inchers laugh at unabgled belt and barbettes of prett much anything.

Beta Tester
168 posts
5,005 battles

Somewhat frustrating experience to get your Sims blown up by a single dive bomber... Probably unluckiest hit so far in WoWs history. 

[WGP2D]
[WGP2D]
Beta Tester
63 posts
15,951 battles

If a Cruiser comes within 10 km of my montana i can be 90% sure to one shot him.

Beta Tester
153 posts

I'm starting to assume my Minekaze is one huge magazine. 2 mag explosions in a row, one of them particularly painful as it was a single cruiser shot from 10km at the start of the game.

Beta Tester
74 posts
89 battles

Haha, it seems the Gods of Gaming read what I wrote here. 

Yesterday my poor Yubari made BOOM as I trading fire with another cruiser. Poor thing, I always suspected the was made of paper but now I'm certain :teethhappy:

Alpha Tester
2,299 posts
1,085 battles

Magazine hits are more often that's for sure. To be totaly honest I don't like them all that much. Once I killed a BB which was making a great evasing manuvers and I was seeing that only 3-4 torps would hit, after the first one connected he exploded. I felt bad for him and I didn't feel like I have earned that kill. At the same time I made perfect spread on other ship, all 12 torps would connect, but no... In that situation I just felt that my work was wasted. 

I can imagine magizne hits will be great to look at when they add different types of explosions, so I don't want them to get rid off them as I want to see enemy ships sinking with a lot of fireworks . At the moment it just... meh.. Okey... a bit of luck from time to time.

Beta Tester
153 posts

Well, usually the first shot (without the flag) instantly kills me now in a Minekaze. Good job WoWs team, might as well give DDs 1 HP point for proper "balance".

Edited by MeanGreenUnseen

Beta Tester
307 posts
2,194 battles

Today I got a magazine explosion for the first time. My New Orleans got hit by a Mutsuki torp in the pointy end of the bow. Stupid Americans storing the ammo there, lol.

Sign in to follow this