Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tanatoy

ST - 0.9.6 Changes to test ships.

44 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
4,921 posts
4,140 battles

Hi,

We would like to present you some changes that are going to be tested on some non-released ships.

Read the text.

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary and subject to change during testing. Any showcased features may or may not end up on the main server. The final information will be published on our game's website.

• Angry 3

[SHAD]
Players
3,280 posts
13,413 battles

Paolo Emilio changes sound very interesting. I'm sure it will be fun to balance that!

• Bad 1

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,736 posts
14,300 battles

ST 0.9.6, changes to test ships

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary and subject to change during testing. Any showcased features may or may not end up on the main server. The final information will be published on our game's website.

American cruiser Anchorage, Tier VIII

• Main battery reload time increased from 12.0 to 15.5 s;

• Models of planes are changed according to the Tier:

• Spotting Aircraft Curtiss SC-1 changed to Vought OS2U

• Fighter Curtiss XP 40S changed to Grumman F4F

X Paolo Emilio

• The ship moved to Tier IX

• Number of Hit Points reduced from 24,700 to 24,400;

• New torpedo tubes with the following characteristics are mounted:

• Maximum torpedo damage- 23,767

• Torpedo speed - 67 knots

• Torpedo detectability range by sea - 1.7 km

• Torpedo range - 4 km

• Reload time - 71 s.

• Main battery reload time increased from 7 to 12 s.

• Main battery firing range reduced from 13,8 to 11,3 km

• "Exhaust Smoke Generator" parameters were changed:

• Reload time reduced from 180 to 140 s

• Number of charges increased from 3 to 5

• Action time reduced from 60 to 30 s

• "Engine Boost" parameters were changed:

• Reload time reduced from 180 to 140 s

• Bonus to maximum speed increased from 8% to 25%

• Action time reduced from 60 to 30 s

• Number of charges increased from 3 to 5

In the new test iteration, we radically changed the concept of Paolo Emilio. Now it is a destroyer whose goal in battle is to conduct rapid torpedo attacks at close range. An "Exhaust Smoke Generator", an "Engine Boost" which increases the maximum speed by 25%, and torpedoes that have high damage and quick reload, but a short range, will help her in her role.

To play effectively, it's important to choose a target, plan an attack route, engage, and retreat. It is worth noting that the Smoke Generator will only allow you to get closer to the enemy, but the action time is not enough to hide from the enemy ship when retreating.
The main-caliber guns still have a high salvo weight, but due to the long reload time, they are more of an auxiliary weapon.

IV Rhein, VI Weser

• Shortened attack preparation time for rocket planes:

• For Rhein from 4 to 2.5 s

• For Weser from 3 to 2.5 s.

• Rhein's torpedo parameters were changed:

• Maximum damage reduced from 3,600 to 3,000

• Chance to cause flooding reduced from 31 to 25%.

X Franklin D. Roosevelt

• Aircraft restoration time was changed:

• For attack aircraft from 111 to 114 s

• For torpedo bombers from 182 to 141 s

• For bombers from 171 to 131 s.

• Number of aircraft per squadron was increased:

• For torpedo bombers and bombers from  8 to 14

• For attack aircraft from 10 to 14

• Number of aircraft on deck was increased:

• For torpedo bombers and bombers from 8 to 21

• For attack aircraft from 10 to 21

• "Repair" consumable removed from all types of squadrons 

• "Patrol fighter" consumable removed for attack aircraft. 

We decided to test an alternative concept of Roosevelt's planes. Now there will be more aircraft per squadron, but no access to the "Repair" consumable. It will not change the efficiency of the carrier: AA damage will affect the number of planes, but the overall damage dealt by the carrier will remain almost the same.

1,736 posts
14,300 battles

This new concept Paolo is... interesting.

Making it tier 9 would be necessary, I barely see it working at that tier let alone tier 10.

[XTREM]
Players
1,953 posts
14,635 battles

Very strong, short duration engine boost with exhaust smoke, very strong but very low range torps...

Paolo's playstyle became that of a high-risk, high-reward yolo-DD. Interesting concept change.

Just think of all the radar and hydro that will be blocking you though. 

Dealing damage could be pretty tricky. This ship will need a lot of skill to do well in, even then - it'll take some working around that other DDs don't really have to worry about. 

Players
1,435 posts
16,874 battles
Vor 19 Minuten, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu sagte:

This new concept Paolo is... interesting.

Making it tier 9 would be necessary, I barely see it working at that tier let alone tier 10.

I don't see it working there either... 

Afaik the old t10 version had a pretty crappy concealment. Which means ambushing stuff is pretty much out of the window, you don't have the gun dpm to punish stuff anymore. You have too much of a gap to bridge to torp people and the combination of radar, Hydro and cv makes using island ambushes hard to pull of too.

1,736 posts
14,300 battles

30s of smoke while travelling at 55knts to deliver 4km torps, with no ability to provide vision to yourself.

Being countered by Hydro that at this tier will outspot the ship itself 1km before it is in torp range, at least.

What will it do while it cant suicidally rush at people to torp them? The guns are pretty hopeless now, the DPM dropped from a Daring level 222k to a Shimakaze 130k when firing the SAP.

• Cool 6

[ST-EU]
Players
156 posts
4,686 battles

RIP Paolo Emilio, 2019-2020

Welcome (?) Yolo Emilio

Seems a bit sketchy, with the MM full of radar ships and everyone taking Hydro over the dead defAA...but who knows

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

[LHZP]
Beta Tester
73 posts
9,904 battles
1 hour ago, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

In the new test iteration, we radically changed the concept of Paolo Emilio. Now it is a destroyer whose goal in battle is to conduct rapid torpedo attacks at close range. An "Exhaust Smoke Generator", an "Engine Boost" which increases the maximum speed by 25%, and torpedoes that have high damage and quick reload, but a short range, will help her in her role.

Uhm and whats with radar? Will smoke help against that :Smile_trollface:

[ZEN]
Players
1,313 posts
14,194 battles
30 minutes ago, MarcoGn97 said:

RIP Paolo Emilio, 2019-2020

Welcome (?) Yolo Emilio

Seems a bit sketchy, with the MM full of radar ships and everyone taking Hydro over the dead defAA...but who knows

Also how do you see what your yoloing if you were the only one spotting and use the smoke to close the gap? Hope they don't move and proxy spot them? :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 2

[ST-EU]
Players
156 posts
4,686 battles
27 minuti fa, Chaos_Umbra ha scritto:

Also how do you see what your yoloing if you were the only one spotting and use the smoke to close the gap? Hope they don't move and proxy spot them? :Smile_sceptic:

That's also a good point...maybe using island cover as you can do with Kleber, but idk Kleber also has tools this one hasn't

[ENUF_]
Beta Tester
315 posts
17,268 battles
2 hours ago, MacArthur92 said:

That reload nerf on Anchorage is excessive...

Maybe I missed something, but wasn't the reload 15,5s to begin with? But it's probably just WG trolling us.

[MORIA]
Players
7,795 posts
39,288 battles
20 minutes ago, Captn_Crap said:

Maybe I missed something, but wasn't the reload 15,5s to begin with? But it's probably just WG trolling us.

No it was between 12 and 13. 

If they would made it 13.5 sec I would say no problem, 15 sec is too much. 

[ENUF_]
Beta Tester
315 posts
17,268 battles
37 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

The announcement article stats 15,5 s. Did it get buffed in the meantime?

Modder, Alpha Tester
1,775 posts
1,060 battles
44 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

8 inch cruisers in tier 8 HE DPM
Baltimore 152k
Wichita 151k
Wukong 144k
Charles Martel 137k
Albermarle 137k
203 Mogami 132k
Anchorage 130k
Atago 123k
Cheshire 111k
Admiral Hipper 104k

https://old.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/hkhtbn/st_096_changes_to_test_ships/fwssh6q/

Anchorage sure looks like she's going to suffer with that 15 second reload, coupled with the 12 gun alpha strike of 33,600, 10.5km torpedoes and smoke.

[MORIA]
Players
7,795 posts
39,288 battles
1 hour ago, zFireWyvern said:
8 inch cruisers in tier 8 HE DPM
Baltimore 152k
Wichita 151k
Wukong 144k
Charles Martel 137k
Albermarle 137k
203 Mogami 132k
Anchorage 130k
Atago 123k
Cheshire 111k
Admiral Hipper 104k

https://old.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/hkhtbn/st_096_changes_to_test_ships/fwssh6q/

Anchorage sure looks like she's going to suffer with that 15 second reload, coupled with the 12 gun alpha strike of 33,600, 10.5km torpedoes and smoke.

those 130k are after the nerf?

Modder, Alpha Tester
1,775 posts
1,060 battles
2 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

those 130k are after the nerf?

Yes, to be more precise it's 134,400 HE DPM with the 15 second reload.

[MORIA]
Players
7,795 posts
39,288 battles
Just now, zFireWyvern said:

Yes, to be more precise it's 134,400 HE DPM with the 15 second reload.

What I meant was about fights against DD, Atago has higher shell velocity and great accuracy. And sometimes this reload also frustrates me.

Modder, Alpha Tester
1,775 posts
1,060 battles
1 minute ago, MacArthur92 said:

What I meant was about fights against DD, Atago has higher shell velocity and great accuracy. And sometimes this reload also frustrates me.

From what I can see, Anchorage has very slightly better performance in terms of consistency with 0.05 higher sigma than Atago with the same 50 and 110 values for horizontal dispersion and vertical spread. Additionally, the initial velocity of Anchorage's HE shells is a mere 17m/s less than Atago's and the difference in air drag on each shell is 0.001. As it is, Anchorage looks to be able to dumpster DDs pretty hard in her current form with a good initial salvo, if the changes means adjusting your playstyle when facing DDs then so be it.

Players
10,263 posts
12,019 battles
8 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

USN and IJN 203mm HE shell have almost identical ballistics. Accuracy is correct, but it also means yeeting entire salvo into water if aim is off.

[MORIA]
Players
7,795 posts
39,288 battles
1 minute ago, Panocek said:

USN and IJN 203mm HE shell have almost identical ballistics. Accuracy is correct, but it also means yeeting entire salvo into water if aim is off.

IJN shells have flatter arcs and it's easier to aim on DD.

[MORIA]
Players
7,795 posts
39,288 battles
6 minutes ago, zFireWyvern said:

From what I can see, Anchorage has very slightly better performance in terms of consistency with 0.05 higher sigma than Atago with the same 50 and 110 values for horizontal dispersion and vertical spread. Additionally, the initial velocity of Anchorage's HE shells is a mere 17m/s less than Atago's and the difference in air drag on each shell is 0.001. As it is, Anchorage looks to be able to dumpster DDs pretty hard in her current form with a good initial salvo, if the changes means adjusting your playstyle when facing DDs then so be it.

Depends on the range. On Wichita it's way harder to hit a DD (that is zigzagging) than on Atago if the DD is 10km+ away. Anchorage is in fact a T8 Buffalo and I had a bad experience sometimes getting too close to it.

Modder, Alpha Tester
1,775 posts
1,060 battles
1 minute ago, MacArthur92 said:

Depends on the range. On Wichita it's way harder to hit a DD (that is zigzagging) than on Atago if the DD is 10km+ away. Anchorage is in fact a T8 Buffalo and I had a bad experience sometimes getting too close to it.

I mean, I wouldn't say that's necessarily a problem with the ship so much if that's what you're getting at. Right now, even with the reload nerf Anchorage is looking pretty formidable to me.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
3,138 posts
17,381 battles
Spoiler

In the new test iteration, we radically changed the concept of Paolo Emilio. Now it is a destroyer whose goal in battle is to conduct rapid torpedo attacks at close range.

I have to ask, after how many bottles of Wodka does this sound like a good idea that'll create fun and engaging battles?

Cause I'm afraid I don't have the amout at home...

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this