Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Puffin_

T10 What a Throw last minutes

7 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[HAMAR]
Players
481 posts

I just got Thunderer. So I took her in a brawl. 

Is there anything I could have done to citadel that Yamato?

Ore at least not getting those owerpens  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,550 posts
20,712 battles

Yes, you should have shot the infamous cheek as outlined here:

 

 

(3:33 if timestamp doesn't work.)

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,701 posts
10,557 battles

The second Yamato was too angled, so her belt just bounced it all off. In that kind of situation you want to try to aim for the cheeck of Yamato, which this video tries to demonstrate:

 

 

 

 

 

This is the cheek from aft, don't have frontal cheek image at hand right now:

 

Yamass.thumb.jpg.dda12d4803fe95c7f29a8c01406875b8.jpg

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,029 posts

You shouldn't have pushed ahead imo. You ended up in a bad spot. Always aim below the forward battery.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,550 posts
20,712 battles
10 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

You shouldn't have pushed ahead imo. You ended up in a bad spot.

 

No, pushing forward was absolutely the right thing to do and literally the only viable option to extend the match. If @Puffin_ had not been there to trade the Conqueror the match would have ended in a loss in half a minute.

 

hhXYwAS.png

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAFT]
Players
11,622 posts
9,692 battles

I would have shot the yamato right from you and tried to go for ram on the other (or potentially driveby it even)

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,029 posts
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

 

No, pushing forward was absolutely the right thing to do and literally the only viable option to extend the match. If @Puffin_ had not been there to trade the Conqueror the match would have ended in a loss in half a minute.

 

hhXYwAS.png

He lost either way pretty darn fast (bar the epic throw this was a loss) despite given some help by his team in the end. It is worth trying something different. He sacrificed a ship flanking the yama (green cruiser above) that killed him and killed the yami he would have killed either way (it took him a lot of time but the fail was on his teamate more) as it had basically beached itself. This was the final mins of a losing game so I don't know what brought him there in the first place. It matters to see whole game.

I wouldn't have pushed ahead that much, it was pointless. He had the caps before the ships had moved, enemy dds were both outside the caps and useless. They had 2 ships shooting one yami (the easy one), a silly red cruiser in smoke covering it, lasted way more that it should, same goes for the dashing ahead Cong or whatever that was. Horrible move.  I would have pushed just to get the bearing on the escaping Yama that killed him in the end and citatel that instead, it was easy kill and he was worried about the friendly cruiser anyway. Then shoot the beached yami that was trading with Cong? and kill that to and wait the silly cruiser that died trying to recap for the 3rd kill. It was killed immediate after him, it was out of smoke and had no other choice but come in to die. IF he had stayed alive, the game was winnable again and my way leaves the friendly cruiser alive to kill the dds that had to come in and try to cap. I may be wrong, but I believe he's looking for fresh ideas and they won either way

 

PS" what a throw

PS' I must add here this game is unwinnable if the red team don't mess it up. So everything I say above are just words that needs the reds to be stupid, which is not a given :)

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×