You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tanatoy

ST 0.9.5, detectability with AA firing

131 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
4,919 posts
4,134 battles

Soon there will be a closed test for changes to the detectability settings.

Read the text.

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary and subject to change during testing. Any showcased features may or may not end up on the main server. The final information will be published on our game's website.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 2

[ST-EU]
Players
156 posts
4,686 battles

So now DDs won't ever turn their AA on...or well, atleast DD players that know this.

Maybe aside Friesland and Halland that can actually shoot down planes with some consistency. Good change overall.

Edit: 0.9.5? so this is possibly coming already next week if the test is successful :cap_hmm:

Players
1,313 posts
19,716 battles
1 minute ago, MarcoGn97 said:

So now DDs won't ever turn their AA on...

Does turning your AA on in a DD actually do anything? :cap_yes:

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3

Players
23 posts
5,743 battles

Are you sure you play the same game as your players? How can you come up with such idea?? Every dev blog post seriously makes me stay away from the game even longer....

• Cool 4
  • Bad 2

[ST-EU]
Players
156 posts
4,686 battles
3 minuti fa, quickr ha scritto:

Does turning your AA on in a DD actually do anything? :cap_yes:

not false :fish_haloween:

[LUSOS]
[LUSOS]
Players
345 posts
20,677 battles

You guys had to nerf Halland and Smalland, didnt you?

Why this absurd protection towards cvs?

There is one ship that gives those planes an hard time, and your answer is to hurt all dds in order to disguise this nerf?

Pathetic.

• Cool 4

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles

Ah yes, after admitting CVs completely eradicated DDs in CB and that DDs are too hampered by CVs, let's follow that up with a grave nerf to the functionality of the bit of AA DDs have. WG at its finest.

• Cool 11
  • Bad 1

Players
10,259 posts
12,019 battles

Besides obvious nigh untargetable 1.3km detection destroyers, it will further reinforce usage of Fighters as expendable spotters

34 minutes ago, quickr said:

Does turning your AA on in a DD actually do anything?

Improves immersion with pew pew noises?:cap_hmm:

• Funny 2

[-CIA-]
Players
18 posts
11,013 battles

There are no stupid ideas, only stupid people. 
Amazing, just amazing. Wow... 
So, u leave a fighter over the spotted DD and boom, spotted forever. 
Or the dd activates AA, boom, spotted long enough to get killed.. 
Amazing..

• Cool 6
  • Bad 1

Players
392 posts
3,934 battles
On 7/2/2020 at 3:27 PM, Bunny_Lover_Kallen said:

Ah yes, after admitting CVs completely eradicated DDs in CB and that DDs are too hampered by CVs, let's follow that up with a grave nerf to the functionality of the bit of AA DDs have. WG at its finest.

Are you some kind of a troll?

The biggest complain DD had about CV are:

1) Getting perma-spotted by CV

2) Getting deleted by Rockets

This changes attempts to solve both of those, and is aimed especially at help-less DDs that are pretty much all of them except EU and RN DDs.

And you cry that your already worthless AA that is off 90% of the time anyway, takes a nerf in exchange for an enormous buff to your survivability vs CVs in a DD?

People like you are whats wrong with this community, you ARE never happy, no matter what WG do, this the 2nd nerf that CV will get, the first one was for AP bombs, WG is clearly making drastic moves to bring CVs in line, and then there is also the weather changes in CB to affect spotting as well, and you still find dumb excuses to whine?

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Players
392 posts
3,934 battles
4 minutes ago, Bredare said:

There are no stupid ideas, only stupid people. 
Amazing, just amazing. Wow... 
So, u leave a fighter over the spotted DD and boom, spotted forever. 
Or the dd activates AA, boom, spotted long enough to get killed.. 
Amazing..

Are you even aware that rockets planes have only 3 fighters throughout the entire game? and that they also use them to spot other things except DDs?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
10,259 posts
12,019 battles
2 minutes ago, steveraptor said:

You will be perma spotted anyway by squadron doing circles over your DD or Fighters. And if you open fire, you will give more than sufficient detected window for rockets to take proper aim at you. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

• Cool 6

[-CIA-]
Players
18 posts
11,013 battles

I didn't say a word about rocketplanes ;)
What I said is these changes do nothing to help DDs.
Once the CV finds a DD it can keep the DD spotted long enough to get it killed, just like it always could. No Change.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Players
392 posts
3,934 battles
1 minute ago, Panocek said:

You will be perma spotted anyway by squadron doing circles over your DD or Fighters. And if you open fire, you will give more than sufficient detected window for rockets to take proper aim at you. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

The only way you can get a rocket strike on a DD after those changes:

1) With fighters on top of him , and you have limited amount of them.

2) By guessing hes position and pre-starting your rocket run, which will be very hard.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

Players
10,259 posts
12,019 battles
1 minute ago, steveraptor said:

The only way you can get a rocket strike on a DD after those changes:

1) With fighters on top of him , and you have limited amount of them.

2) By guessing hes position and pre-starting your rocket run, which will be very hard.

Or annoy him enough to open fire, so you get 20s window for blap.

• Cool 1

[NEXT]
Players
5,584 posts
11,304 battles

I actually like that change, because it makes the AA more and more like main guns. Maybe we get to some point, where you have to aim your AA manually someday :D

CVs will be also less a counter to DDs. Should be impossible to hit a DD with rockets, if the DD is somehow above average level.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
7,420 posts
245 battles

So CV's will now hard counter DD's more than before? From what i've read it seems like it, now when dd's use their AA i get an extra 20 secs to aim my next shot which is easy peasy.

@El2aZeR i summon you by the power of kek! *Loud angreh poof*

*el2azer enters chat*

@Saiyko Ill summon you as well *slightly less angreh poof*

• Funny 3

[ENUF]
[ENUF]
Players
2,211 posts
22,817 battles

So basically use the smaller AA concealment and just dodge the planes that move 5 times faster than you. Also, radar is a thing: If you don't shoot the planes they get at least two free strikes on you, if you do shoot the planes you get struck anyway and you are detected for much longer but hey, at least you get a plane kill or two. Finally the long deserved CV buff we were waiting for, the CV - DD interaction was unbearable.

• Cool 2

Players
392 posts
3,934 battles
8 minutes ago, Bredare said:

I didn't say a word about rocketplanes ;)
What I said is these changes do nothing to help DDs.
Once the CV finds a DD it can keep the DD spotted long enough to get it killed, just like it always could. No Change.

If you are one of those DD players, that goes full speed ahead to a cap when the game starts, by yourself, knowing that there is a CV that can spot you, then proceed to get spotted at the cap and shelled by the opposite cruisers.

Then yeah, you will die and there is nothing that can help you.

But for people who has some sort of functioning brain, this change gives them more opportunities to outplay CV spotting by positioning and prevent rocketstrikes. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
6 minutes ago, steveraptor said:

Are some kind of a troll?

The biggest complain DD had about CV are:

This changes attempts to solve both of those, and is aimed especially at help-less DDs that are pretty much all of them except EU and RN DDs.

And you cry that your already worthless AA that is off 90% of the time anyway, takes a nerf in exchange for an enormous buff to your survivability vs CVs in a DD?

The new visibility settings don't make it really much harder to target a DD. Already before, you'd either pop a fighter ontop or you predict the path, as you flew a turn to set up an attack run, as only very few CVs were able to set up attack runs within the aerial spotting distance.

Meanwhile, trying to use your AA ever is now a potentially massive liability.

9 minutes ago, steveraptor said:

People like you are whats wrong with this community, you ARE never happy, no matter what WG do, this the 2nd nerf that CV will get, the first one was for AP bombs, WG is clearly making drastic moves to bring CVs in line, and then there is also the weather changes in CB to affect spotting as well, and you still find dumb excuses to whine?

The difference between the two of us is that one of us actually can actually admit that their toy is broken, the other prefers to keep it that way. Go cry me a river.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
392 posts
3,934 battles
8 minutes ago, Bunny_Lover_Kallen said:

The new visibility settings don't make it really much harder to target a DD. Already before, you'd either pop a fighter ontop or you predict the path, as you flew a turn to set up an attack run, as only very few CVs were able to set up attack runs within the aerial spotting distance.

Meanwhile, trying to use your AA ever is now a potentially massive liability.

The difference between the two of us is that one of us actually can actually admit that their toy is broken, the other prefers to keep it that way. Go cry me a river.

I know that CVs are broken, only a blind fool will say otherwise, and need nerfs, and this is why Im highly pleased with both this change, the previous one to AP bombers and the future changes to weather.

WG are doing the right moves to address the CV issues, but you and the majority of the posters still find something to cry rivers on daily basis anyway.

The difference between you and me is that i don't mind CV at all in the game, and i both main them and super unicum at playing them, and I both play DD and I have no issue playing around them, matter of fact i enjoy playing DD so much lately that i barely even touch my CVs.

So on top of that, i also have the foresight and understanding on how those changes will make my life even more easier when playing DDs, while you fail to understand it.

The fact that you whine on your DD AA being nerfed is hilarious.

The only people who cry here are the ones like you, and the majority of this forum that whine daily on how CV, HE spam, Radar, spotting are OP and there is no counterplay.

While i laugh at the side and enjoy my time in WoWs.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[NEXT]
Players
5,584 posts
11,304 battles
9 minutes ago, Panocek said:

with 1.2km - 1.5km it's very hard to every find a DD. Also dropping fighters is less effective, since the fighters are not following the DD, just cycling around. I think that's a very heavy buff for the DDs

9 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

So CV's will now hard counter DD's more than before? From what i've read it seems like it, now when dd's use their AA i get an extra 20 secs to aim my next shot which is easy peasy.

Read the second part. The DDs get twice as good detection. Going with Shima, she has now 3km against AA. In future it will be 1.5km. Asashio has 2.4 km and becomes 1.2 km

Those ship won't be able to get striked, unless they make the mistake to activate AA or the CV has to do a blind engage, but this is also very difficult, since the rocket planes become extremly sluggish, when they start engaging.

When I play Asashio, it's almost impossible to drop them for most players even now, with 1.2km, that's mind blowing.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[-TPF-]
Players
4,344 posts
18,216 battles

I would have thought that the detection range of the ship with AA turned on should never exceed the base detection of the ship on the surface....  I think there are a couple of cases (Skane, Kidd, Chung Mu, off the top of my head) where this is possible. 

However this looks like a major problem if you have a DD with AA on in a smoke screen. Any idea what the detectability rules are there? Even if it's the same as main gun battery (so 2.5K or so) that's rather more that it is at the moment.

• Cool 1

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
5 minutes ago, steveraptor said:

I know that CVs are broken, only a blind fool will say otherwise, and need nerfs, and this is why Im highly pleased with both this change, the previous one to AP bombers and the future changes to weather.

WG are doing the right moves to address the CV issues, but you and the majority of the posters still find something to cry rivers on daily basis anyway.

Ah yes, because it's unreasonable to question why even when you buff a class, because it is underperforming in this specific interaction, you need to nerf it at the same time. Because clearly, DD AA was the main issue.

7 minutes ago, steveraptor said:

The difference between you and me is that i don't mind CV at all in the game, and i both main them and super unicum at playing them, and I both play DD and I have no issue playing around them, matter of fact i enjoy playing DD so much lately that i barely even touch my CVs.

And that gives you what authority? You are acting as if I'd not play either or both classes, as if your DDs could get close to your CV performance or as if this would indicate less bias. None of that is the case.

9 minutes ago, steveraptor said:

So on top of that, i also have the foresight and understanding on how those changes will make my life even more easier when playing DDs, while you fail to understand it.

The fact that you whine on your DD AA being nerfed is hilarious.

The fact you continue finding the nerf necessary is hilarious.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1