You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ocsimano18

Tier VI Clan Battle Season Lineup

20 comments in this topic

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,973 posts
13,255 battles

inb4 the 6 Stalin Graf Spee monk rush meta

[RAIN]
Community Contributor
1,268 posts
16,920 battles

Maybe more something like 4 Perth/Huanghe and some long range hydro ( no one radar ship on TVI :/ ) like 2 Nurnberg/Graf spee , hum or why not T61 ?

Idk if a Trento spam can work to :cap_hmm:.

And ofc for the cv ; Ryujo is clearly the best TVI.

Players
2,396 posts
32,184 battles
2 minutes ago, thisismalacoda said:

Four ships with creeping smoke, two supercruiser and one Japanese CV.

New. Exiting. People will love it.

There is no supermancruiser in t6.

Players
2,396 posts
32,184 battles
1 minute ago, thisismalacoda said:

Bow to the Graf Spee Overlord, peasant.

It's a battlecruiser. Supercruisers are t9 and above.

Players
2,006 posts
19,799 battles
16 minutes ago, Execute0rder66 said:

It's a battlecruiser. Supercruisers are t9 and above.

If we are going to split hairs the Graff Spee isn't a Battlecruiser it's a Pocket Battleship or Panzerschiff, a battle cruiser is quite different. 

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,389 posts
5,782 battles
3 minutes ago, lovelacebeer said:

If we are going to split hairs the Graff Spee isn't a Battlecruiser it's a Pocket Battleship or Panzerschiff, a battle cruiser is quite different. 

I personally think that "armored cruiser" is the most appropriate English version of Panzerschiff, if not a direct translation. "Pocket battleship" as a designation is, quite frankly, total bull*edited*

• Cool 1

Players
10,263 posts
12,019 battles
1 hour ago, kfa said:

inb4 the 6 Stalin Graf Spee monk rush meta

With every CA getting 25mm plating, and then Pensacola being made out of 25mm plating... yeah, no.

From BBs, Fuso/Bayern probably will be meta due to not having crippled speed and armored enough to withstand HE/UK CL spam. Former with 12gun fast reloading broadside, latter with overmatch on cruisers/BBs.

Cruisers... Perth followed by Leander and Pensacola. Molotov as odd kiter/long range firewanker. Destroyers... Hatsuharu as spotter with best in slot concealment at 5.8km, followed by Icarus/Gallant at 6km detection and Fushun/Anshan as hybrid derpstroyers at 6.1km. Fushun unable to torp DDs but, together with Icarus, have excellent CV counterplay in shape of quickly reloading smoke.

forgot about brit loliwagons.

• Cool 1

Players
1,986 posts
8,466 battles

Graf Spee's guns are good against broadsides, something you won't see that much in clan battles. Otherwise they are wonky and have low DPM.

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,389 posts
5,782 battles
3 minutes ago, Ocsimano18 said:

Graf Spee's guns are good against broadsides, something you won't see that much in clan battles. Otherwise they are wonky and have low DPM.

She's also not really mobile enough to get into position to punish broadsides reliably, even if ships are distracted by others.

Players
2,006 posts
19,799 battles
10 minutes ago, lafeel said:

I personally think that "armored cruiser" is the most appropriate English version of Panzerschiff, if not a direct translation. "Pocket battleship" as a designation is, quite frankly, total bull*edited*

Agreed armoured cruiser is a far more accurate description I think the 1938 Janes fighting ships say exactly that. Pocket battleship was a popular term created by the British press, I just used it as it is still a commonly understood way to describe these unusual ships. 

Players
1,986 posts
8,466 battles
1 minute ago, lovelacebeer said:

Agreed armoured cruiser is a far more accurate description I think the 1938 Janes fighting ships say exactly that. Pocket battleship was a popular term created by the British press, I just used it as it is still a commonly understood way to describe these unusual ships. 

A certain gentleman, called Winston liked to use the term Pocket Battleship.

• Cool 1

Players
2,396 posts
32,184 battles
2 minutes ago, lovelacebeer said:

You can call it whatever you wanna call it except supercruiser.

Players
128 posts
10,033 battles

So I guess Ryujo is the CV to go for next Clan Battle....

As for BBs, I would go for Warspite due to a combination of overmatch and accuracy. I think Queen Elisabeth has better AA but worse accuracy. Bayern has been surprisingly accurate during the last Submarine games and may be a valid choice as well. I do not have Mutsu or West Virginia so I cannot say how good they are. Arizona has good accuracy but abysmal AA and I would rather take New Mexico over her. Izmail and Fuso have good accuracy but their turret arrangements is not the best. Normandie has smaller guns so if you see one on the enemy team, prepare for HE spamming...

Cruiser selection will be interesting. Without radar in this tier, Cruisers will have limited utility other than pure HE spamming and possibly Hydro. I guess Perth would be the perfect mini-Belfast choice in tier6. Molotov would fit in as long range accurate HE spammer and Graf Spee is a nice and versatile ship, but again plagued with historical (i.e dirt poor) AA. Not to mention that many players will have received it during the Dockyard event.

I've played Trento and found it lacking, but I am curious if it would work as a Venezia surrogate.

I love Aoba, but it's situational - only good for kiting.

Pensacola has powerful guns, but poor armor.

DDs - Hatsuharu is best choice due to low concealment and fast loading torpedoes. T61 is a good choice due to long range German hydro.

I didn't find any news about next Clan Battles so I do not know the format. I hope the format will provide for 1 CV and 1 BB as well, for the sake of variety.

Although a nice change from Tier10, Tier 6 choice for the Clan Season is a bit strange. Ships are available and affordable, but I don't think everyone would have 19pt captains on techtree ships. I am disinclined to move captains and retrain them from tier10 ships, so I guess we'll be seeing a lot of premiums.

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Players
11,815 posts
9,753 battles
4 minutes ago, Danucu_Tigger said:

I didn't find any news about next Clan Battles so I do not know the format. I hope the format will provide for 1 CV and 1 BB as well, for the sake of variety.

To make time for us to develop improvements—and for clan battlers to test themselves in a new environment—season X will be conducted in a 7x7 format on Tier VI ships without any weather events. The restrictions remain the same: one carrier or battleship for one team. Season date: July 15th – August 31st. Changing the format will allow trying out new tactics because, at this Tier, ship balance and command ship structure are absolutely different from Tier X: