You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
mantiscore

Can we get new gun sounds?

13 comments in this topic

Players
521 posts
7,943 battles

I play War Thunder as well, and i realised that that game has waaay more diverse and better sound effects than WoWs.

CLs, DDs, BBs all have 2-3 gun sounds and that's it.

When WT got a sound rework it was really satisfying, while WoWs gun sounds doesnt sound strong and enjoyable at all (except Yamato's and Yashima's).

Please WG make the sounds more satisfying and diverse.

I also can't understand why the sounds are different when you are shooting and when your teammate does.

Premium things are so expensive and yet the game's current state does not justify this at all.

• Cool 3

Players
272 posts
21 minutes ago, HMS_Kilinowski said:

I could name 10 things immediately that I would like to see changed more urgently than guns sounds.

One of them is engine sounds, I hope? Listening to the rattling sound of some DDs is just dreadful! 

• Cool 1

Players
1,985 posts
19,699 battles

Well if it helps on the PTS last weekend the sound effects for incoming shells, hits, ricochets etc were very different, so you may find that more to your liking. I didn't really notice any change to the gun sounds themselves that might just be my lack attention.

[THESO]
Players
1,358 posts
16,910 battles
On 6/30/2020 at 8:42 PM, SpartanRenegade said:

One of them is engine sounds, I hope? Listening to the rattling sound of some DDs is just dreadful! 

If one of them was engine sounds, this would be a nearly perfect game. No, sorry. But one of them was being able to see the ships consumables and modules on ships before you purchased them and they changed that, so yes, at some point in time, one of the 10 things might be engine sounds.

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,726 posts
9,780 battles
12 minutes ago, TheBicentennialman said:

think you can add your own sound file  long as it not breakin WG rules

I mean...it can't break WG rules if if doesn't affect anyone else but you so...But yes, you can mod stuff. This is a small test I made 3 years ago, where I changed the AA and main battery gun sounds.

• Cool 2

[RSC]
Players
231 posts
4,974 battles

Why would anyone complain about such basic things as gun sounds in a game about warships.. ThinkingCheese.png

And what is this...13.-War-Thunder_00000.png thing you are talking about?

Players
1,173 posts
7,237 battles
On 6/30/2020 at 3:03 PM, domen3 said:

I mean...it can't break WG rules if if doesn't affect anyone else but you so...But yes, you can mod stuff. This is a small test I made 3 years ago, where I changed the AA and main battery gun sounds.

That's nice sounds here I like it!

Do you know any existing mod for guns sounds?

I also would like to have better torpedo explosion sounds. The current one are just ridiculous.

Players
2,374 posts
32,066 battles
1 hour ago, elblancogringo said:

That's nice sounds here I like it!

Do you know any existing mod for guns sounds?

I also would like to have better torpedo explosion sounds. The current one are just ridiculous.

[_OC_]
Players
91 posts
1,301 battles

I seem to recall there being a "distant HE explosion" sound when you landed HE shells on a target at long range. I remember it quite distinctly in older Jingles videos when the game was quite new. It's a shame they took it away as it was immersive, realistic and satisfying to hear.

Players
3,029 posts

I d like a downgrade in graphics and sound. Game run much smoother before the new UI and dock. Now it takes a whole day to load, if I don't give up, so I play mostly during the night after the check.

• Cool 1