Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Communist_Loli

Shikishima Secondaries Question

10 comments in this topic

Players
205 posts
3,196 battles

At first glance, Shikishima's secondaries looked inferior to Yamato's mainly due to being mostly comprised of 100 mm guns. But then I remembered that Harugumo's 100 mm guns got special penetration values. Does this apply to Shikishima's secondaries? 

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,973 posts
13,216 battles

Yes she has 1 Akizuki strapped to both sides, but Shiki needs IFHE to pen 32mm (like IJN gunboats). 

I have seen a lot of good results on youtube with secondary build, but i dont recommend, it will only work 1 out of 10 games. 

Players
205 posts
3,196 battles

That awesome! If only the French secondaries received such love, it would make for some fun builds lol.

Players
415 posts
6,036 battles

Keep in mind that Shikishima uses Yamato hull, and that this hull has a significant front citadel weakness. Brawling is very difficult with it, and the turret traverse doesn't help either. If you manage to get your secondarys to work, they can hurt but most likely it will hurt you more. You need a bunch of captain skills as well to make them work.

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles

On paper, Shikishima's secondary firepower is better than a Harugumo, because Shikishima receives the secondary version of the gun, which has 1.7k HE alpha, not the main gun version with 1.4k. In reality, DDs are vastly more accurate though.

Also, don't be surprised when you finally get in range and find most of them dead.

Players
7,459 posts
245 battles

*pats angreh loli on teh ead*

Yes pickashima has noice fat secondaries that seem to be very consistent in terms of secondaries. Obviously if i was at the helm i would gib them a range out to 12.4km and about 50% extra HP for secondaries and AA mounts.

Although best to go for a hybrid build like miss georgia.

• Funny 1

[P7S]
Players
198 posts

Looking into WoWS Fitting Tool website, Shikishima is listed with crazy high dispersion on her secondaries (469 m max at stock). Is this true, or just incorrectly displayed at that website?

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
9 minutes ago, Vbeest said:

Looking into WoWS Fitting Tool website, Shikishima is listed with crazy high dispersion on her secondaries (469 m max at stock). Is this true, or just incorrectly displayed at that website?

Same as GK? It literally has the same dispersion and range.

Why do you think skills like Manual Secondaries with -60% dispersion and secondary module with -20% are mandatory for a secondary build?

• Cool 1

[CAG]
Beta Tester
106 posts
12,390 battles

I tried it with AFT instead of CE and so far it's mostly just fireworks with the occasional fire. A full secondary build seems pointless since due to the fire angle, the bow citadel is exposed too much.

It actually is good alarm for notifying you something is at your broadsides.

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,818 posts
9,018 battles

Shikishima has 5x2 100mm Guns on each Side + 2x3 155mm Guns that can Fire in both Directions. It also has Quite Decent AA and an Absurd amount of Heavy AA.

So this is actually Pretty Decent. And these Secondaries are Indeed a Threat.

But as most People actually already Pointed out. The Fact that its a Yamato Hull. Means that Showing enough of your Broadside for these Secondaries to actually open Fire. Is Extremely Dangerous against Enemy Battleships. And partially even Supercruisers.

Meaning that these Secondaries even if you Skill them out. Will only be Effective against DDs and Light Cruisers.

Now. When you have 6 Super Heavy Guns with Slow Shell Velocity. Having a Defensive System that can Deal with Destroyers. Is actually not that Bad of a Idea.

But wether or not its worth it. Is something everyone has to Decide for himself.

Something to be said tough. While using IFHE to make the Secondaries Penetrate 32mm of Armor might Sound Tempting. It is a Wasted effort.

You cannot Show your Cheek/Broadside to Enemy Battleships. And the 100mm Guns already come with 30mm Penetration. So you can Penetrate any Cruiser without IFHE and the only Ships you could Pen in addition to that when using IFHE would be Battleships which you just dont want to Show your Cheek or Side Armor.

Meaning that a Full Secondary Build would in this case be.

BFT, AFT, Manual Secs, Demo Expert and the 2 Upgrade Modules for Secondary Range and Secondary Reload Speed.

Using IFHE is just entirely meaningless.

Now. Without a Doubt. The Secondary Build is Devastating for anything you can Actually Show your Cheek to.

Because its 250x100mm Shells and 37x155mm Shells per Minute.

Giving the Secondary Broadside of Shikishima a DPM Value of about 520k which is just Insane. (For Referne. Grosser Kurfürst has a Secondary Broadside DPM of 390k)

But unlike GK the Yamato just does not have the Turtleback and Armor to Show enough of its Broadside to actually use these Secondaries against anything but DDs and Cruisers. And even on Cruisers there is Exceptions which you should not Show any Broadside to. (Supercruisers mostly)

Thats why  I for my Part actually Plan to use the Secondaries. But I will do it as an Side Thing.

Meaning I will go with the Normal Tank Build. And only Switch out Concealment Expert for AFT.

Which will give me 9.7km Secondary Range in exchange for being Spotted Easier. This way if a DD or Cruiser happens to me in my Flank I will have a Nice Warning for it as my Secondaries will open up. And the Volume of Fire even without Especially Buffing the Secondaries is still pretty Scary for Smaller Ships. Meaning it will likely also cause some Damage.

Moreover. The AFT Skill also gives some Buff to the Heavy AA which is pretty Hefty already and increases Damage to CV Squadrons which get caught in the Black Clouds.

Now if your ready to make some more Concessions. You could in Theory Replace Basics of Survivability and Adrenaline Rush with Manual Secondaries on Top of using AFT instead of Concealment Expert.

Which would increase the Fire Damage you Take. And not give you the Reload Buff from being Damaged. But which will mean that any Destroyer coming close to you and being Spotted. Will have Hell to Pay for it.

Because your Secondaries are basicly Equal to him being under Attack by an Harugumo.

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this