Sign in to follow this  
Wischmob_von_Eimer

Domination Mode on North

15 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,088 posts
2,050 battles

No one likes Domination, everyone you ask ingame hates the 4 zone domination mode in the ice field.

So what does WG think the players want?

Even more Domination, especialy the 4 zone one.

I would love to file this under "Bugs", but knowing how WG works I realy think this one was intentional.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
5,609 posts
5,568 battles

No one likes Domination

Wat?

Don't project your preferences on all of us.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
1,746 posts
1,390 battles

People in general don't seem to mind the mode, just the cap speed which conflicts with movement speed too often.

Unless they are in BBs, cause then they can hardly aid more than one zone during the entire match. Plus you get "perceived skewed outcomes". You know, Team A ignores caps, everyone on team B caps, but dies due to team A camping of zones at range and shooting enemies one by one. Caps are too far from team A to quickly secure despite their massive numerical advantage. Team A basically forgot to play for points, then blames the game mode that they wanted to be a deathmatch really. Problem? Not really. At some point in the next year these players will learn to take more risks, which is the intention of this mode. Or they will stubbornly continue with their perceived way of how their (BB) class "should be played". i.e. Never get in range of the enemy team, pretend you have all day to shoot enemies from afar.

I would be in favour of making it more a King of the Sea (hill) setup though (only score points when you have ships in an uncontested zone) and adapt the domination mode to require a minimum score difference to win on top of 1000 points. Kinda like in tabletennis. Then you get a dynamic mode and you get time to do something about a minor difference in points.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,520 posts
1,475 battles

No one likes Domination.

Since we're generalizing:

All BB players are chickens and only want to hug the border of the map.

Seriously, Domination is a great gamemode.

Edited by Kirasa

Beta Tester
404 posts

Since we're generalizing:

All BB players are chickens and only want to hug the border of the map.

Seriously, Domination is a great gamemode.

Not all BBs are chicken but a good 90%( I do play BB)

and Seriously..... totally agree

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,678 posts
5,566 battles

I have no issue with getting domination.

I disliked being tier 6 and having faultline domination 9/10 games, and disliked it even more when 90% of your team would sail to A then lose because they'd ignored B/C. The new map layout means the BB tend to go between A and B with the cruisers/DD taking the outer two points.

Iceberg map I just dislike regardless of game mode, probably because it feels bland, looks bland, and is massive so you spend ages travelling to get anywhere and can't really redeploy 

Beta Tester
147 posts
3,424 battles

No one likes Domination, everyone you ask ingame hates the 4 zone domination mode in the ice field.

That is more because of the map itself then the gamemode.

That lowcontrast white on light blue is a terrible, you do not have any sense of distance and where icebergs end.

But back to Domination I kind of like it its a change from the typical.

If teams would starting to play the mode right it would be even more fun.

But I also can understand the frustration of Battleship drivers and slower cruisers, if in the endgame, a ninja destroyer caps one spot after the other and you can not get him,

Done it myself and been on the receiving end of it.

[T-N-T]
Beta Tester
71 posts
7,968 battles

Frustration of BB drivers? Well, they deserve it for their "situational ignorance" :D If I am in a slow ship, I know that I should NOT try to fight on the very edge of the battlefield but rather manoeuvre close to the mid of it ...

Beta Tester
90 posts
997 battles

Ah domination, the scourge of daily doubles.

I wouldn't mind the mode if rewards would actually scale better. Way too many domination matches end on score with everyone getting far less xp / credits than in a normal match. And playing the game well (i.e. capping and holding) actually makes you get fewer rewards because the match ends even sooner.

[PRAVD]
Community Contributor
1,827 posts
7,122 battles

Wat?

Don't project your preferences on all of us.

Well, of course you don't dislike domination mode since you don't actually play the game.

Domination is cancer and it saddens me they ruined the best map in the game with that.

Ah domination, the scourge of daily doubles.

I wouldn't mind the mode if rewards would actually scale better. Way too many domination matches end on score with everyone getting far less xp / credits than in a normal match. And playing the game well (i.e. capping and holding) actually makes you get fewer rewards because the match ends even sooner.

This is so true. There needs to be some incentive to win fast and to defend against it, but there is none. Right now if a  team wins fast the other team just says "don't stop them, no repair cost yet so it's okay if the game ends". But queue time + loading time all add up and it's a whole lot more time wasted since you spend the first 3-4 minutes just sailing.

Frustration of BB drivers? Well, they deserve it for their "situational ignorance" :D If I am in a slow ship, I know that I should NOT try to fight on the very edge of the battlefield but rather manoeuvre close to the mid of it ...

And then you get hit by half the enemy team because they're all just sitting back waiting for somebody to appear that they all hit at once. They are also in the exact same situation - they know if they go a bit closer all enemy guns will be on them.

Edited by Aerroon

[PNAVY]
Beta Tester
146 posts
10,192 battles

on north is not that good, i like domination on fault line and the ice map

but the most rediculous thing i played was hot spot domination with small teams, 5 cap point for 6vs6 players

it was a easy win, cause i was in my dd caping while everyone else was fighting, but that's just not the point of a match, i mean if people would have cared about caps it would just be a race,who can cap faster than the enemy

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,230 posts
7,292 battles

North map is not really good for domination mode I think. The D point is too far off the rest. If you'd remove that point it might be alright.

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,678 posts
5,566 battles

North map is not really good for domination mode I think. The D point is too far off the rest. If you'd remove that point it might be alright.

myself and a platoon mate were wondering about it there was a break in the island between C and D. Not a huge one (like the channel at point C on faultline) but enough to make it more accessable

Sign in to follow this