You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Execute0rder66

Some STs Ruining the Games for Others

78 comments in this topic

Players
2,386 posts
32,145 battles

In three days two so called supertesters ruined mine and others' games. I am sure many other players have experienced the same thing over time (other than the ones in my teams). 

Second picture is from three days ago, and the first one is like twenty minutes ago. 

The one in the first picture charges directly to the enemy and suicides as the game starts and then writes on the general chat something like this; "Thanks for killing me so i can play other games. This is why OP ships are released" some absurd stuff. 

Since when testing ships in live servers mean it is okay to ruin other players' game? 

This game ended in below 7 minutes. Three minutes after he suicided i wrote him from in game chat and he was already in a battle. But, funnily, 2 minutes later he wrote me back, so he suicided in another game and ruin other people's games, too. 

If anyone will come and say "but this is how they test ships on live serves" i will say bullocks! They don't have 0,1% right to ruin my games or others'. If they can't test it properly without suiciding in two minutes then maybe they should go do it in coop or training room, somewhere else. Will WG compensate everyone's signals, credits, lost games, camos, etc. now? 

Of course not. This is pure horse manure. I mean come on, how "banana" do you have to be to do this and then come out to general chat and thank enemy for killing him? 

From now on, [Edit:adding word suicidal] i will report every suicidal tester i see in games and blacklist them and every time i see them i will report them again. They don't have the right to ruin this game for others just because they are offered ships to test. Selfish ...s.

By the way, since naming and shaming is not allowed in forum, i respect the rules and block everyone's name but if anyone wants to know, i will share these names in private message. 

superpotato2.thumb.JPG.876eec0bb20f164c45d12e3a71700524.JPGsuperpotato1snip.thumb.JPG.33711ad7ff27bcc77c81743480d9c605.JPG

sp3snip.JPG

• Cool 12
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Players
2,386 posts
32,145 battles
Just now, ColonelPete said:

Testers are allowed to play badly too.

This is a .. response unsurprisingly from you. They can go suicide in other mods.

• Cool 9
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
28,903 posts
15,122 battles
1 minute ago, Execute0rder66 said:

This is a .. response unsurprisingly from you. They can go suicide in other mods.

How are they different from other bad players?

Is there a rule that forbids playing badly?

Yes, bad players on your team can be frustrating. But that is hardly news. And when they are found on the enemy team I do not see you open up threads...

• Cool 6
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 9

Players
2,386 posts
32,145 battles
5 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

How are they different from other bad players?

Yes, bad players on your team can be frustrating. But that is hardly news. And when they are found on the enemy team I do not see you open up threads...

If you don't understand what you read it is your problem. 

This is not about having bad players and the frustration caused by them. The one in the first picture is a unicum. Problem is explained above, stop advocating WG in every little opportunity which you have been doing for years. If you have any document that says "Supertesters are allowed to suicide in games within 2 minutes and ruin it for others" share with us . If not, find yourself another thread to ruin.

• Cool 15
  • Boring 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,576 posts
20,729 battles
22 minutes ago, Execute0rder66 said:

The one in the first picture charges directly to the enemy and suicides as the game starts and then writes on the general chat something like this; "Thanks for killing me so i can play other games. This is why OP ships are released" some absurd stuff.

Care to share the replay?

If you don't know where to find it, there is a "replays" folder in your WoWs install directory.

Because frankly this isn't playing badly, this is outright griefing as well as attempting to muddle balancing stats.

• Cool 16

Players
2,386 posts
32,145 battles
1 minute ago, El2aZeR said:

Care to share the replay?

If you don't know where to find it, there is a "replays" folder in your WoWs install directory.

Because frankly this isn't playing badly, this is outright griefing as well as attempting to muddle balancing stats.

Will send it to you via msg.

[SHAFT]
Players
11,743 posts
9,747 battles
14 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

9 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Actively throwing games / not participating is against the rules. And i think that counts as such.

Better make a support ticket and/or tag the usual suspects here (Conway/Sehales...)

• Cool 18

Players
1,313 posts
19,716 battles
30 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

There are bad/novice/noob players out there that are STs, and that is legit. WG needs data from all ranges of players, those that are 40%WR and those that are 60%WR.

But actively throwing a game cos you, as a tester, think it's an OP ship, is not a way to go.

• Cool 8

[CATS]
Players
28,903 posts
15,122 battles
22 minutes ago, Execute0rder66 said:

Problem is explained above, stop advocating WG in every little opportunity which you have been doing for years. If you have any document that says "Supertesters are allowed to suicide in games within 2 minutes and ruin it for others" share with us . If not, find yourself another thread to ruin.

But this has nothing to with WG. This thread is about how you handle the situation.

I cannot remember seeing you complaining about similar behaviour on the enemy team...

When you find their behaviour appalling, just open a ticket and be done with it. Going out of your way and report every ST from now on is not really a mature reaction...

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 7
  • Bad 4

Players
10,263 posts
12,019 battles
16 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Actively throwing games / not participating is against the rules. And i think that counts as such.

Better make a support ticket and/or tag the usual suspects here (Conway/Sehales...)

With this you can ban half the playerbase, you know?:cap_tea:

• Funny 9

Players
2,386 posts
32,145 battles
2 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

But this has nothing to with WG. This thread is about how you handle the situation.

I cannot remember seeing you complaining about similar behaviour on the enemy team...

When you find their behaviour appalling, just open a ticket and be done with it. Going out of your way and report every ST from now on is not really a mature reaction...

You know, they will ruin your games, too if they have not already. This is not about me, it is about everyone who plays this game.

• Cool 2

[SHAFT]
Players
11,743 posts
9,747 battles
1 minute ago, Panocek said:

Which makes it kinda sad, doesnt it?

Any game which would require direct interaction with other people, and they would get beaten up for the way they "play".

• Cool 1

Players
2,386 posts
32,145 battles

So, is this or should this be the norm then ""Oh we have an ST  in the game...hmm.. It will last three minutes max.  I better go back to port and play another game where hoping there won't be an ST in it..And who cares getting pink for three games, right? Screw it!..."" ?

• Cool 3

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,973 posts
13,216 battles
44 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

No they need a certain amount of games played with the test ships wheter they like the ship or not (like in this case suicide rushing like a coop directive grind) 

You dont have to defend them just for the sake of arguing

• Cool 13

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,816 posts
9,018 battles
34 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Uhh No.

A Tiny but Importand Difference here.

Neither Regular Players nor Supertesters are Required to Play Good. (Even tough a Requirement for Supertesters is actually a Solid Understanding and Experience in the Game. Due to which they should at least usually be Playing Better than the Average)

However. Both Regular Players and Supertesters are not Permitted to take Actions with the Intention of Throwing a Game. And I am Fairly sure that Supertesters actually have Internal Requirements to actually Play Test Ships Properly and not Manipulate Test Results by Suiciding on Purpose to Drop down Statistics of that Ship causing Test Results to be Lower than they Should be.

Therefore while I am Pretty sure that the Answer will be to Message Support rather than Dropping this into the Forum. It might be useful to Ask @Crysantos to take a Look at this.

After all I am Fairly Certain that WG does not want to have Supertesters which Actively Manipulate the Data they gather for Test Ships in Order to get them Buffed or Nerfed.

• Cool 12

[TTT]
1,625 posts
14,901 battles

Not posting as mod right now but as a player. 

I get that maybe some STs misbehaved (I cannot know for sure until I actually saw the replays myself) but some of the best and most try-hard players I know are supertesters.

What I am saying is not everyone behaves the same.

• Cool 5

[CATS]
Players
28,903 posts
15,122 battles
9 minutes ago, Execute0rder66 said:

You know, they will ruin your games, too if they have not already.

No, they did not. And I see no reason to report every ST for that.

2 minutes ago, kfa said:

You dont have to defend them just for the sake of arguing

That is no defense.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 1

Players
2,386 posts
32,145 battles
2 minutes ago, _Teob_ said:

I get that maybe some STs misbehaved (I cannot know for sure until I actually saw the replays myself) but some of the best and most try-hard players I know are supertesters.

I see what you are saying, hence, sent you the replay. 

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,816 posts
9,018 battles
1 minute ago, _Teob_ said:

Which is even more Reason to Check on this and make sure that appropriate action is taken. (assuming the ST is really Guilty of that Behavior)

To make sure that its clear to both Players and STs that this kind of Behavior is an Unfortunate Exception that is clearly against the Rules and certainly not what the Players should Expect from STs.

• Cool 3

[ZEN]
Players
1,318 posts
14,211 battles

Seems to be an abuse of having the privilege of being a Supertester. From what I can gather they have to play the ships on test cycle a certain number of times so WG can get data to balance them, if they are throwing the game quickly just so they don't have to play the ship properly then that is not only an insult to the team they happen to have but also to WG that gave them the privilege to try out ships that are still under test before the rest of the player base can get access to them.

• Cool 6

Players
7,459 posts
245 battles

Explains this supertester i saw in the siegfried ages ago, who decided to suicide into A cap and broadside then start whinging when teammates called him out for basically either playing like a doughnut, not understanding the ship or deliberatley greifing for whatever reeason.

I don't know about anyone else, but suiciding or dying within the first minutes as a supertester in any ship doesn't help weegee with balans in the slightest, and no that doesnt excuse their behaviour either.

I expect these people to taking this seriously (if they aren't), otherwise why even bother?

• Cool 2

[ZEN]
Players
1,318 posts
14,211 battles
Just now, CptBarney said:

Explains this supertester i saw in the siegfried ages ago, who decided to suicide into A cap and broadside then start whinging when teammates called him out for basically either playing like a doughnut, not understanding the ship or deliberatley greifing for whatever reeason.

Ships being tested when broadside explains so much about WG balancing decisions and why ships with turtle back armour which are harder to citadel when broadside get nerfed the most while ships with high citadels get buffed to the extreme... RU Cruisers anyone?

• Cool 1

Players
7,114 posts
11,523 battles
46 minutes ago, Panocek said:

giphy.gif

@Execute0rder66 - this replay needs to go to WG. Afaik there is a supertester manager. He needs to be made aware of that person, so that he can be kicked (if that holds true what you are saying)

ITs btw not the first time, we have this. Memories of Graf Z pop up. I recall a game with my AA-Mino (when it still deserved that name) and a GZ during testing kept feeding all his planes into me and a DM, that was sitting next to me. I honestly had no clue what was going on and was kinda stunned. The following days, with more reports like that flying in the forums, it became clear: they tried to create really bad data for WG, so that they would overbuff the GZ. Yea, thats the kind of community we are dealing with. Aaand we are back to banning 50% of the playerbase please..

• Cool 2

[TTT]
1,625 posts
14,901 battles

For what it's worth I have watched the replay several times now and my interpretation is that the ST in question potatoed. It looks like a mistake to me.

It sucks that when the CV makes a mistake the match is basically ruined for his 11 teammates.

I've potatoed when I was the only DD and it feels awful. In fact I have potatoed and ate a torp in competitive matches and you legit want to crawl under a rock and live the rest of your life as some sort of insect.

But it happens. 

That's just my interpretation though and I could very well be wrong.

• Cool 3