Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
BrusilovX

Suggestion: Way to see if a player is chat banned in-game

21 comments in this topic

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,067 posts
14,011 battles

At present I don't think there is any way to see if a player has been chat-banned in-game.

Would it be possible to have some way to see that a player is currently under a chat ban?   This may be easier to be done by having a player's name (or name and ship) in a different colour.

Other players would be able to see that and understand why the player is not responding to messages in battle.

I had a look at the forum and I can't see any place for suggestions.

• Cool 7

[CN_]
Moderator, Freibeuter
2,249 posts
6,921 battles

It is not possible to see wether or not a player is chat banned. I also think it won't be a positive addition, it will just encourage naming and shaming based on this.

• Boring 1

[SHAFT]
Players
11,827 posts
9,757 battles

Sounds good to me. Sometimes you meet some familiar people in a battle, and they dont respond because they are chatbanned...

• Cool 3

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,067 posts
14,011 battles
9 minutes ago, floribe2000 said:

It is not possible to see wether or not a player is chat banned. I also think it won't be a positive addition, it will just encourage naming and shaming based on this.

Since naming and shaming on the forum is not allowed this is a non-issue.

As for in-game - it could always be an option for a player to reveal that they are chat banned or not (although that may be slightly harder to implement).

• Cool 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,067 posts
14,011 battles
1 minute ago, DFens_666 said:

Sounds good to me. Sometimes you meet some familiar people in a battle, and they dont respond because they are chatbanned...

I had that the other day - the only thing you can do is send them a PM on the forum after the game explaining that you could not respond in-game- not all players accept PMs though.

Yes, I am currently chat-banned.  I think for the first time in WoWS - I was chat banned in WoT (I responded to an insult in-game and there were two WoT admins in-game - almost instant chat ban).

if you are in a clan you can let members know you are banned and you can always use discord or whatever method your team communicates.

• Cool 1

[CN_]
Moderator, Freibeuter
2,249 posts
6,921 battles
Vor 21 Minuten, BrusilovX sagte:

Since naming and shaming on the forum is not allowed this is a non-issue.

As for in-game - it could always be an option for a player to reveal that they are chat banned or not (although that may be slightly harder to implement).

You can also do that ingame.

And it might also encourage some players who think a chat ban is something like a badge of honor. That's something we don't need. If you get chatbanned you violated rules, no need to push the ego of some people.

• Boring 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,067 posts
14,011 battles
20 minutes ago, floribe2000 said:

You can also do that ingame.

And it might also encourage some players who think a chat ban is something like a badge of honor. That's something we don't need. If you get chatbanned you violated rules, no need to push the ego of some people.

How?

You could also make the same claim about a player being pink - some sort of 'badge of honour'.  If there are such players out there they probably don't care about that.

• Cool 2

[HOO]
Players
1,987 posts
3,803 battles
1 hour ago, BrusilovX said:

At present I don't think there is any way to see if a player has been chat-banned in-game.

Would it be possible to have some way to see that a player is currently under a chat ban?   This may be easier to be done by having a player's name (or name and ship) in a different colour.

Other players would be able to see that and understand why the player is not responding to messages in battle.

I had a look at the forum and I can't see any place for suggestions.

Good idea, but not sure colouring their name would work, as we already have pink. Maybe a mute icon next to their name in the team list would work

• Cool 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,067 posts
14,011 battles
3 minutes ago, Fat_Maniac said:

Good idea, but not sure colouring their name would work, as we already have pink. Maybe a mute icon next to their name in the team list would work

I know that if you've disabled communication from a player there is some mark next to the name so yes - I think just some way to see that the player can't communicate (apart from the chat messages) would be nice.

• Cool 1

Players
1,001 posts
22,801 battles
1 hour ago, DFens_666 said:

Can happen. I greeted a player few weeks ago and he didnt respond to my surprise (Funny enough, it was a player from NWP). 

But he texted me ingame after the match that he was chatbanned. So everything was ok. :-)

[SM0KE]
Players
6,430 posts
14,962 battles
1 hour ago, BrusilovX said:

Would it be possible to have some way to see that a player is currently under a chat ban?

Extremely good idea.

From an entirely selfish standpoint, I would really like to know which ship(s) are pointless trying to communicate with (I'm still labouring under the delusion that at least some modicum of team play is desirable in the game, which tends to periodically require a bit more nuance than f-keys can produce).

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Players
3,169 posts
17,417 battles

Well, would be nice. Trying yo explain someone familiar that you are chatbanned with voice commands is kinda hard.

Plus if would explain why some ppl don't respond if you try to get som tactics going.

• Cool 1

[TUSKS]
Players
75 posts
6,848 battles

Also EU server covers a lot of different languages, and not all are confident in chatting in english, or in general chat for that matter. 

• Cool 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,067 posts
14,011 battles
8 minutes ago, Bumblenit said:

Also EU server covers a lot of different languages, and not all are confident in chatting in english, or in general chat for that matter. 

If I see someone send me a message during battle or make a comment in battle chat that is not in English (and I'm not chat banned) I can reply with a question mark (?) or some message.  Which I see as better than no response.

• Cool 1

Players
3,407 posts
20,516 battles

I suggest to just indicate if a user has chat turned off, and include chabanned players under that umbrella. Not perfect but avoids stigmatizing.

• Cool 7

[TUSKS]
Players
75 posts
6,848 battles
9 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

If I see someone send me a message during battle or make a comment in battle chat that is not in English (and I'm not chat banned) I can reply with a question mark (?) or some message.  Which I see as better than no response.

I agree.

Just wanted to say that there could be other reasons for not replying in chat

• Cool 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,067 posts
14,011 battles
9 minutes ago, Europizza said:

I suggest to just indicate if a user has chat turned off, and include chabanned players under that umbrella. Not perfect but avoids stigmatizing.

That sounds sensible.

6 minutes ago, Bumblenit said:

I agree.

Just wanted to say that there could be other reasons for not replying in chat

There could be many reasons - the player is too focused to even notice -or as Europizza has pointed out they've turned off chat.

[LSCA]
Players
1,529 posts
12,328 battles
3 hours ago, floribe2000 said:

pink color at ship is also not positive addition. that belongs too for shaming category

• Cool 3

[RSC]
Players
231 posts
4,974 battles
11 hours ago, floribe2000 said:

I also think it won't be a positive addition, it will just encourage naming and shaming based on this. 

I don't see the problem. You can just chat ban those who are naming and shaming based on this.

[BATES]
Players
940 posts
12,303 battles

It would be an interesting feature..but I think a "mute" icon should be applied also to people with disabled chat too. In this way it's not important why a player is not answering, but that player is not using the chat

• Cool 2

Players
90 posts
7,460 battles

Shame?

Game client does not load because some error with the files, so you are AFK whole the time and receive a TK status?

That is correct?

Sign in to follow this