Sign in to follow this  
quickr

LWM review of Siegfriend And Agir

4 comments in this topic

Players
1,313 posts
19,716 battles

http://shipcomrade.com/?p=4763

Agir Summary:  A tier IX Odin in cruiser-form with improved main battery guns, but she has worse protection and secondaries.

Siegfried Summary:  A tier IX Gneisenau in cruiser-form with better guns, secondaries, torpedoes, AA power, agility and concealment.  She is squishier than the tier VII battleship though.

Difference Summary:  Siegfried and Agir share the same protection scheme agility, concealment and torpedoes. However their weapons differ.  Siegfried’s has more powerful 380mm guns, is more accurate, has fewer but (much) longer-ranged secondaries.  Agir has 305mm guns and an extra two-pairs of short-ranged secondaries and better torpedo arcs.  In addition, Siegfried gets more consumables.  Because reasons.

Final Evaluation

I have nothing but praise for Siegfried and I’m generally dismissive of Agir.  The basis of these feels is pretty simple:

• Siegfried’s game play is new and novel — she’s effectively a glass-cannon version of Gneisenau, greatly improving offense at the expense of durability.
  • Agir, by contrast, is a more-different Odin but she loses out entirely on secondaries and adds durability issues.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Cool 1

[LADA]
Players
619 posts
9,059 battles

I would add a counterpoint that the Agir is pretty solid by T9 cruiser / heavy cruiser standards. The trouble is when comparing it to other Battlecruisers like the Alaska whereupon it seems a bit lacking - which isn't really the Agir's fault. 

I certainly have quite a lot of fun in it anyway!

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Players
1,236 posts
25,059 battles

Having a hard time enjoying Agir, have regretted spending free xp on that...

Sign in to follow this