Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
T_Jiwankar

How to tackle constant HE spam from CL, DD and CV.

62 comments in this topic

[OFORC]
Players
1 post
6,142 battles

How to survive the constant HE spamming from over the island's while you're in a BB. What skills to take and what to do and not to do.

Players
1,313 posts
19,716 battles

Reposition your ship - get out of range of HE spammer

Don't be stationary - change your direction and speed, make yourself a difficult target to hit

Don't use dmg con on single fire, use fire prevention and basic of survivability skills for your cpt

Protect your ship - use island cover, stop shooting if you can go undetected, disengage from the fight to heal up

• Cool 9

Players
387 posts
4,280 battles

on top of aforementioned advices : take a cup of tea, tone down the visual effects, shrug. "HE spam" is the main way of harm of cruisers, so tampering with it though nerfs/buffs will significantly alter their viability. As a BB you won't avoid HE spam unless you are a backline sniper, the main idea is to control it to get things done. And by control it I mean if a cruiser opens up on you but your position is too good to abandon, let them get some damage on you while you open broadsides.

I know, I play enough BBs to see your pain, but I play enough CA to understand what happens on the other side.

... Basically I have shares in both markets, so to speak #capitalismmeme

• Cool 3

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles

Don't sit in positions where you get farmed for free. Doesn't mean sit in spawn, but while BBs are large too, stuff like islands can still help you limit the ways you can be shot.

Also, don't panic too much. Having played secondary Shikishima the past week a fair bit, I understand fires are frustrating (and my build needs some work), but BBs still can survive a lot of that and if you handle it wisely, sure, botching up and being in a bad position might mean losing most of your hp, but with 5 repairs, you can still recover.

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
28,996 posts
15,146 battles
1 hour ago, T_Jiwankar said:

How to survive the constant HE spamming from over the island's while you're in a BB. What skills to take and what to do and not to do.

Not that we have covered that in dozens of threads...

• Cool 2

[R3B3L]
Players
560 posts
13,013 battles

By playing the Thunderer, spamming back from 23 km.

• Funny 2

[SHAFT]
Players
11,828 posts
9,757 battles

What skills to take

image.png.b5135669b4dd172db6c6d3a540086c85.png

those 2 modules for anti-fire. And BoS/FP for captain skills (just showcasing which are good for anti-fire, the whole build is missing ofc SI/CE before those)

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,353 posts
26,415 battles

All good suggestions, but you all forgot best one: KILL THE SPAMMER!

• Cool 4

Players
3,407 posts
20,516 battles

BBs are supposed to soak up damage for the team, so build accordingly. Look for skills that reduce fire number, chance and duration. Skills that add number of heals or optimize the use of them. A lot of fire damage can be repaired, I recommend an UI mod that shows you how much damage can be repaired with the next repair party. It helps you optimize your HP repairing to get the most out of your heals as possible. I forgot the mod name, it's in the official mod tool.

Other tips are mentioned above.

• Cool 3

Players
979 posts
3,431 battles
6 hours ago, T_Jiwankar said:

camping at the back.

it's the counterplay for HE spam and CV exploiters

Players
979 posts
3,431 battles
4 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

image.png.b5135669b4dd172db6c6d3a540086c85.png

those 2 modules for anti-fire. And BoS/FP for captain skills (just showcasing which are good for anti-fire, the whole build is missing ofc SI/CE before those)

except... it doesn't work.

every other salvo of a HE spammer will still start a fire.

it doesn't really matter if it kills you after 4 minutes or after 5 minutes with the stuff above.

Players
387 posts
4,280 battles
Il y a 4 heures, Profilus a dit :

All good suggestions, but you all forgot best one: KILL THE SPAMMER!

>be a french Alsace

>see a Des Memes nose in

>sad french low caliber noise with 32 mm deck everywhere on top

>spoodbeest the hell out of the current position

(with a Sinop, however ... ooooh my)

[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,191 posts
9,763 battles
30 minutes ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

camping at the back.

it's the counterplay for HE spam and CV exploiters

Good one, except by camping at the back you are a prime target for the CV and while you don't get HE spammed at first you can't contribute much at all for your team. So when the team collapses around you you will get HE spammed like no tomorrow.

Go for a tanky build, manage heals and damage control, kill the HE spammers, don't over commit unless you are confident of success.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
3,169 posts
17,417 battles

Play Kremlin and fit tank build.

Laugh at HE not penning you.

Soak up a ton of dmg to get Kuznetzov activated.

Heal back.

Hope your team did something useful whilst you kept enemy occupied.

[SHAFT]
Players
11,828 posts
9,757 battles
38 minutes ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

except... it doesn't work.

every other salvo of a HE spammer will still start a fire.

it doesn't really matter if it kills you after 4 minutes or after 5 minutes with the stuff above.

would be kinda OP if BBs would get immune to certain types of damage because they take the right moduls/skills :cap_yes:

FP reduces 2 superstructure fires to 1, so that always works. Most of the time, people aim at the superstructure, so it makes a difference.

Meanwhile, BoS and the DCP mod in the 4th slot reduces fire/flood duration by 15%, so that also works.

Lowering the firechance like the DCP mod in 2nd slot is something you can hardly measure, as you can always receive multiple fires from one salvo.

• Cool 1

Players
979 posts
3,431 battles
19 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

would be kinda OP if BBs would get immune to certain types of damage because they take the right moduls/skills :cap_yes:

FP reduces 2 superstructure fires to 1, so that always works. Most of the time, people aim at the superstructure, so it makes a difference.

Meanwhile, BoS and the DCP mod in the 4th slot reduces fire/flood duration by 15%, so that also works.

Lowering the firechance like the DCP mod in 2nd slot is something you can hardly measure, as you can always receive multiple fires from one salvo.

it's not about being immune, it's about unbalance.

today my teammate in his Tirpitz got shot at by a Kutusov + an Akizuki. every salvo of the Kutuzov set him on fire, there was nothing he could do, we could only watch his HP going from 2/3rds full to zero in about 40 or 50 seconds.

it doesn't matter at all if he got fire prevention trained or damage control installed.

Kutuzov means business. it's one salvo every 8 seconds, each salvo starts one or two fires, do your maths.

another nice thing is those tier 8 squadrons doing 4 attack runs on BBs.

I'm not saying making BB stronger is the solution, but if people talk about balance they are clearly talking about something different from the above.

Same thing with Schors vs. any tier 7 BB. If I play BB and see HE spammers of that family I simply stay away and hope for some AP citadels from afar.

Good players exploit design flaws in game mechanics. Many game mechanics have been introduced with the effect of preventing the enemy's gameplay. CV prevent DD from playing their gameplay, radar prevents DDs, HE spam prevents BB gameplay. I see many higher tier matches are decided by your team having the right ships (with radar vs. no radar) and players who know how to exploit the game mechanics for maximum effect, i.e. parking radar ships behind islands or scouting with airplanes, which might seem valid tactics but have negative impact on fun.

[CATS]
Players
28,996 posts
15,146 battles
10 minutes ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

it's not about being immune, it's about unbalance.

today my teammate in his Tirpitz got shot at by a Kutusov + an Akizuki. every salvo of the Kutuzov set him on fire, there was nothing he could do, we could only watch his HP going from 2/3rds full to zero in about 40 or 50 seconds.

it doesn't matter at all if he got fire prevention trained or damage control installed.

Kutuzov means business. it's one salvo every 8 seconds, each salvo starts one or two fires, do your maths.

another nice thing is those tier 8 squadrons doing 4 attack runs on BBs.

I'm not saying making BB stronger is the solution, but if people talk about balance they are clearly talking about something different from the above.

50s of 4 fires do 60% of your BB health in damage. He must have burned in 4 places the whole time without DCP or heal.

And still, 50s is a lot of time, where a BB can cover a lot of area. And he moved into position where he could not get out, he should not have moved in there.

[SHAFT]
Players
11,828 posts
9,757 battles
1 hour ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

I wish my kutuzov would wotk like that :Smile_veryhappy:

image.png.9bc107821abd71c04bb2b0824097da5d.png

image.png.6dd45ecefda6544f88c8f6d3484e3287.png

Looks like anti-fire build works. I even DCPed 1 fire, because i got into cover/unspotted, so why let it burn?

And before someone claims i camp in the back

image.png.6ad6d09d9bcb62f6826fe5cf51e492bd.png

And i was a Bourgogne.

Players
979 posts
3,431 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

50s of 4 fires do 60% of your BB health in damage. He must have burned in 4 places the whole time without DCP or heal.

And still, 50s is a lot of time, where a BB can cover a lot of area. And he moved into position where he could not get out, he should not have moved in there.

you missed the akizuki that was firing away too

but yes, as soon as he DCPed he got 2-3 fires 20 secs later

[CATS]
Players
28,996 posts
15,146 battles
13 minutes ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

you missed the akizuki that was firing away too

but yes, as soon as he DCPed he got 2-3 fires 20 secs later

Does not matter. You cannot have more than 4 fires.

And when it took 20s to get 2-3 fires, he did not sink that quickly.

Sign in to follow this