You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
TheBicentennialman

when will we see ijn ise bb

34 comments in this topic

[4_0_4]
Players
7,894 posts
14,340 battles

When they add Tone, a ship already modelled.

[GRK3N]
[GRK3N]
Players
1,174 posts
6,418 battles

Probably never, theres no interest in real and historic ships. Better to push out copy paste ships with different stats and sell them again.

• Cool 6

Players
1,278 posts
9,963 battles
49 minutes ago, Zemeritt said:

When they add Tone, a ship already modelled.

Tone and Ise are really quite different beasts as far as gameplay implications are concerned.

I know people have these enthusiastic expectations, but the Tones only carried half a dozen scout planes. This is nothing new -- about same aviation capabilities as the Yamatos. Reasonably she'd be a heavy cruiser mostly distinguished by the turret layout, perhaps with a buffed spotter plane (or able to equip fighter and spotter at the same time?).

The Ises were actually meant to operate a bomber squadron.

[I-J-N]
Players
5,730 posts
1 hour ago, Floofz said:

Probably never, theres no interest in real and historic ships. Better to push out copy paste ships with different stats and sell them again.

Though there is still a world of difference between designed but never launched or completed projects where the designers had to work within realistic constraints and pure fantasy ships and flights of fancy limited only by the size of the Lesta cafeteria napkins. :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[CZSL]
Players
99 posts
4,096 battles

I can easy imagine Tone or Chikuma in game with possibility to use fighter and spotter consumable at once with longer duration and shorter cooldown. This is quite easy to implement.

Ise BB/CV hybrid is very very difficult to implement... I can not imagine to play BB and CV at once if we want to have bombers on Ise's deck.

• Cool 2

[COMFY]
Players
1,438 posts
8,530 battles
11 minutes ago, Admirality said:

I can easy imagine Tone or Chikuma in game with possibility to use fighter and spotter consumable at once with longer duration and shorter cooldown. This is quite easy to implement.

There already is ship like that. Lazo

Minus the fighter part

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
7,211 posts
11 hours ago, Floofz said:

We have a new level m8

First you sell early access for the line, then you make a c/p premium to sell and the round it off with a c/p collab premium of the said with a new camo... :cat_cool:

• Cool 2

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
11 hours ago, jss78 said:

The Ises were actually meant to operate a bomber squadron.

A bomber squadron they could not retrieve and which would have to land on land-based airfields or be ditched.

It was a silly concept that never was fully realised and I doubt it'll be introduced anytime soon, even if WG says CVs are fine.

Players
2 posts
16,272 battles

Well, one could go for the carrier part somewhat with the saipan philosophy. One or two types of aircraft (dive bomber + X) which are controlled according to cv gameplay. Each squad consists of a very small number of planes (maybe 2?) and one can carry out two attacks (2X2). The planes are displayes als "consumables" like on a normal carrier. If one isn't using the planes one can control the main armament which is deactivated in cv mode. I would activate the secondaries in both modes.  That's form a conceptional point of view. The HP pool of the planes and ship and other details are a different story.

[ICT]
Beta Tester, Players
1,082 posts
13,998 battles

You cannot play a hybrid carrier here. Everything what you do would be only 50/50. You cannot concentrate on both.

Or use it as a normal BB but with automated planes who attack 1 enemy when you give the command.

• Cool 2

[I-J-N]
Players
5,730 posts
30 minutes ago, Honighode said:

You cannot play a hybrid carrier here. Everything what you do would be only 50/50. You cannot concentrate on both.

Or use it as a normal BB but with automated planes who attack 1 enemy when you give the command.

I think that is the only feasible solution.

[JRM]
Players
7,211 posts

Truth be told there is no technical reason they couldnt implement hybrid play, when you control the ship view in CV its a normal ship, there is no reason why the normal ship couldnt have primary guns to aim and fire, if they want it  simplified they can make it fire AP only (or maybe SAP) from main guns on 1 and then have say TBs and DBs (HE bombs) on 2 and 3 or something in that direction...

Once you fly of in plane view main hulls i on its own anyway secs still work same as auto pilot just not main guns...

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,024 posts
29,193 battles
1 hour ago, ImperialAdmiral said:

There already is ship like that. Lazo

And Lazo is fun ship. Tone would bring usable 10km torps and 203mm guns, all forward, so I would still be different enough and could be interesting.

• Cool 1

[ICT]
Beta Tester, Players
1,082 posts
13,998 battles
1 hour ago, Yedwy said:

Truth be told there is no technical reason they couldnt implement hybrid play, when you control the ship view in CV its a normal ship, there is no reason why the normal ship couldnt have primary guns to aim and fire, if they want it  simplified they can make it fire AP only (or maybe SAP) from main guns on 1 and then have say TBs and DBs (HE bombs) on 2 and 3 or something in that direction...

Once you fly of in plane view main hulls i on its own anyway secs still work same as auto pilot just not main guns...

But you cannot controll your BB then and you dont see the enemy torps or torps from your own team. You cannot see anything because you only concentrate on your planes. You will be somehow useless for your team.

A hybrid has real main guns and the gameplay is absolutely not like a normal CV. 

Imagine your playstyle in a real match. The enemy CV would focus you and your game would be over in 4 minutes. Meanwhile you are flying around with your Bombers.

Gameplay like a normal BB with automated planes is the only solution I can see here if we want the Ise in the game. 

[GJE]
Players
331 posts
4,617 battles

I don't know, it sounds like an interesting option. Just think of it - you fight as BB from start (or you recon 1st and then fight like BB) - and when game closing to end you switch to planes to finish off stragglers and reach ships on the other side of the map. New dynamic and so many tactical possibilities (and probably high skill ceiling) 🙂

[I-J-N]
Players
5,730 posts
55 minutes ago, dommo77 said:

I don't know, it sounds like an interesting option. Just think of it - you fight as BB from start (or you recon 1st and then fight like BB) - and when game closing to end you switch to planes to finish off stragglers and reach ships on the other side of the map. New dynamic and so many tactical possibilities (and probably high skill ceiling) 🙂

:Smile_ohmy:... and probably a chance for several accidental team kills... in the wrong hands... saying this for a friend....:Smile_hiding:

[JRM]
Players
7,211 posts
1 hour ago, Honighode said:

But you cannot controll your BB then and you dont see the enemy torps or torps from your own team. You cannot see anything because you only concentrate on your planes. You will be somehow useless for your team.

A hybrid has real main guns and the gameplay is absolutely not like a normal CV. 

Imagine your playstyle in a real match. The enemy CV would focus you and your game would be over in 4 minutes. Meanwhile you are flying around with your Bombers.

Gameplay like a normal BB with automated planes is the only solution I can see here if we want the Ise in the game. 

Well you just have to balance your attention then?

But automated planes might work as well, maybe...

[I-J-N]
Players
5,730 posts
25 minutes ago, fabatka said:

After WG introduced all the legendary ships of the russian fleet...

I see, another fan of the world's best shipbuilding traditions who appreciates the absolute creaminess of the Soviet Navy. :Smile_glasses:

• Cool 1

Players
605 posts
27,039 battles

The Problem is that this Ship combines 2 very different Playstyles.

It is half Battleship. That means you want to move Forward, tank for your Team and take Shoots at the Enemy and you do not care if the Enemy knows where you are.

It is also half Aircraft Carrier. That means you do not want to be seen while launching Planes at the Enemy.

I am not sure how this will work.

[JRM]
Players
7,211 posts
15 hours ago, doerhoff_damian said:

The Problem is that this Ship combines 2 very different Playstyles.

It is half Battleship. That means you want to move Forward, tank for your Team and take Shoots at the Enemy and you do not care if the Enemy knows where you are.

It is also half Aircraft Carrier. That means you do not want to be seen while launching Planes at the Enemy.

I am not sure how this will work.

Do we play the same game here? One of maybe 10 BBs nowadays goes even close to the caps and its usually the yoloing Tirpitz, most of them snipe from 15+ km the whole match, esp the IJN kind... So no reason whatsoever from that aspect of play not to make a hybrid...

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,024 posts
29,193 battles

How will you balance hybrids. You can't balance them as a proper ship as they would also have plane strike capabilities, and you can't balance them as carriers as they are not one. Gun wise, if you balance it to be on par with its counterparts on the same tier, because of having additional strike potential with planes, it would, potentially, be better then them, especially if top tier. But if you compensate having planes by reducing gun performance, it would be underpowered if you can't make her planes work. This would be particularity noticeable if it is bottom tier. So you end with a ship that it is neither proper BB or proper carrier and if you can't make one of its components work it would underperform. 

• Cool 1