You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
causalgamer

only getting in to pure tier x matches with tier x

44 comments in this topic

Players
140 posts
9,442 battles

BTW. If that applies to everyone, then I have no problem with it. Does anyone else get thrown only in to pure tier x games?

• Cool 2

Players
2,395 posts
32,145 battles
2 minutes ago, causalgamer said:

BTW. If that applies to everyone, then I have no problem with it. Does anyone else get thrown only in to pure tier x games?

Nope.

Edit: once in a while yes, not all the time.

[ANV]
Players
555 posts
4,796 battles

I do sometimes.  I find them, indeed any mono tier battle, boring.

Players
140 posts
9,442 battles
1 minute ago, thiextar said:

What is your sample size exactly? 

before I go all scientific I thought I find out first if anyone else has that experience

[SM0KE]
Players
6,425 posts
14,944 battles

I find out first if anyone else has that experience

Now and again, yes, but it isn't that frequent (subjectively-speaking)...

[CATS]
Players
28,937 posts
15,138 battles
9 minutes ago, causalgamer said:

No. A bit unlikely with a couple hundred Tier X games.

• Bad 1

Players
140 posts
9,442 battles

For me it's been 7 games so far all in sequence. I had the impression before but I just started a new game. Again all tier x. If it continues I'll create an excel sheet

[-AP-]
Players
2,788 posts
6,724 battles
8 minutes ago, causalgamer said:

before I go all scientific I thought I find out first if anyone else has that experience

Basically, the reason that seemingly very rigged stuff like this happens is this:

The odds of rolling a six 5 times in a row are extremely low, but the odds that you have never rolled a six 5 times in a row after thousands of rolls are even lower.

• Cool 2

Players
140 posts
9,442 battles
8 minutes ago, causalgamer said:

For me it's been 7 games so far all in sequence. I had the impression before but I just started a new game. Again all tier x. If it continues I'll create an excel sheet

and again......1 more.; feels like someone is pulling a prank on me

• Cool 1

[STEEL]
Players
660 posts
19 minutes ago, causalgamer said:

I have no T10. But have a Bismarck, and I get into T10 matches all the time. I love it.

Players
140 posts
9,442 battles
5 minutes ago, thiextar said:

Basically, the reason that seemingly very rigged stuff like this happens is this:

The odds of rolling a six 5 times in a row are extremely low, but the odds that you have never rolled a six 5 times in a row after thousands of rolls are even lower.

I would agree with you but this happened weeks before, I basically stopped playing tier x after that

[CATS]
Players
28,937 posts
15,138 battles
7 minutes ago, causalgamer said:

7 matches from over one hundred....

Why do people feel the need to exagerate?

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Players
140 posts
9,442 battles
11 minutes ago, thiextar said:

edit, I overreacted. I feel that one has to defend himself instead of the observation for simply making an observation

[NWP]
Players
3,160 posts
17,410 battles
16 minutes ago, causalgamer said:

Jyst ask WG for their spreadsheet :cap_like:

[-AP-]
Players
2,788 posts
6,724 battles

never said its rigged, but I find your mode of discourse interesting. red herring much?

Its not a red herring as it is not in any way trying to explain why or how your streak happened, but simply explain with an example why something that intuitively seems very unlikely can infact be a very likely occurrence when looking at it from a different angle. Its especially good to be able to look at different angles as humans are extremely prone to bias when evaluating/collecting any sort of data (i bet you didn't mark down how many times in a row you met tier 8 ships)

Beta Tester
1,850 posts
18,502 battles
Vor 34 Minuten, causalgamer sagte:

Can happen. Love it.

If mono-tier bores anybody I suggest that person should change the tier by selecting another ship. Works like a charme.

• Cool 2

Players
140 posts
9,442 battles
3 minutes ago, thiextar said:

Its not a red herring as it is not in any way trying to explain why or how your streak happened, but simply explain with an example why something that intuitively seems very unlikely can infact be a very likely occurrence when looking at it from a different angle. Its especially good to be able to look at different angles as humans are extremely prone to bias when evaluating/collecting any sort of data (i bet you didn't mark down how many times in a row you met tier 8 ships)

sure, read about enough science and did enough stats to understand that. I just would liek to know if anyone has experienced that. btw. I am in another of those games....

Players
140 posts
9,442 battles

Guys, its my 9 time in a tier x match, with only tier x ships. I am curious as to how likely that is to be in those 9 times in a row....  And I am not able to provide the data with tier 8s because I haven't met tier 8 ships in my tier x ships yet.

• Funny 1

Players
7,123 posts
11,529 battles
1 minute ago, causalgamer said:

Guys, its my 9 time in a tier x match, with only tier x ships. I am curious as to how likely that is to be in those 9 times in a row....  And I am not able to provide the data with tier 8s because I haven't met tier 8 ships in my tier x ships yet.

How likely this is, is entierly decided by our community. If a vast majority of people is playing T10 ships right now - then they all will be in T10 games. This should be pretty logical, right? WG has also introduced mechanics to protect T8 (T9) players from constantly beeing uptiered. So I guess those players are the minority right now and to prevent them beeing thrown under the bus, we have many T10 only games right now. I can only help you out with my single game statistic: yes, my Gearing game was a full T10 battle aswell.

Players
140 posts
9,442 battles
Just now, ForlornSailor said:

How likely this is, is entierly decided by our community. If a vast majority of people is playing T10 ships right now - then they all will be in T10 games. This should be pretty logical, right? WG has also introduced mechanics to protect T8 (T9) players from constantly beeing uptiered. So I guess those players are the minority right now and to prevent them beeing thrown under the bus, we have many T10 only games right now. I can only help you out with my single game statistic: yes, my Gearing game was a full T10 battle aswell.

once OR 10 times in a row? I am not here to seal club tier 8s. I am here to understand the likelyhood of something happening.

[JRM]
Players
7,223 posts
52 minutes ago, causalgamer said:

Sshots of 20 conescutive T10 only in the same ship or it didnt happen

[LSCA]
Players
1,526 posts
12,290 battles

when i play with tier 8 CV ,most off time i end in tier 10 match , and i really hate that because they are eating my planes all the time. but yes when i use tier 10 ship i end usually tier 10 match, its so weird