Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Captain_Campbell

Friendly fire by request?

9 comments in this topic

Players
80 posts
2,816 battles

Yesterday, right at the start of a ranked game I watched a british destroyer stick a single torpedo into the side of a friendly battleship he was divisioned with. When the other team shouted the dd down, the BB said, "it's ok, I told him to"

The only reason i can see for doing this is to get a bit of a boost from adrenaline rush, but it still seems ridiculous. Anyone else seen this?

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,833 posts
25,564 battles

kek....

well, 1st question: did he say "too" or "to"? as that alternates the sense of what was said...

in case of "too": he did tell him as well to stop it. if "to" he asked to get shot at....

never seen it for an intentional buff on ar, rather if so for the lulz. sometimes we shoot each other as well 4fun, but kind only if nothing to do for the rest of the match or a friendly shot in front of the bow at the start... may even a torpdrop, too close that they could arm. but that's kinda it....

in doubt it could be a matter of tactical estimation, so it's fine. u dont have to be fine with it. it doesnt matter ;)....

Players
80 posts
2,816 battles
3 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

kek....

well, 1st question: did he say "too" or "to"? as that alternates the sense of what was said...

in case of "too": he did tell him as well to stop it. if "to" he asked to get shot at....

never seen it for an intentional buff on ar, rather if so for the lulz. sometimes we shoot each other as well 4fun, but kind only if nothing to do for the rest of the match or a friendly shot in front of the bow at the start... may even a torpdrop, too close that they could arm. but that's kinda it....

in doubt it could be a matter of tactical estimation, so it's fine. u dont have to be fine with it. it doesnt matter ;)....

Changed it, he said he told him to

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,833 posts
25,564 battles
3 minutes ago, Captain_Campbell said:

Changed it, he said he told him to

the math is simple: some hp for like a sec better reload from the start. or even some crude estimation like "i need a dreadnought, got 5 heals and never use the 5th (lol)"... so, get shot at, heal up, and like 20% better chance to get the avhievement...

u don't know if u didnt ask. and even if the answer not necessarily would be true. people and their intentions.... u did pick quite a field to harvest ^^ ;D... g'day

Players
80 posts
2,816 battles

Just wondered if anyone had seen it before. I suppose their could be any number of reasons, wasjust pondering it while I say feeding the baby haha.

Players
871 posts
5,845 battles

I have seen a streamer do it with division mates in Co-op, trying to find out what the maximum of games in Co-op prison is that one can get.

Somebody - not in div - comlained, and sent a ticket to WG (actually misrepresented what was going on), but the streamer was told by WG NOT to do that again.

[CAIN]
Players
4,837 posts
20,122 battles

I used to that too, asking div mates to saturate the nose and stern of my DD (2-3 years ago). 

The idea being, a saturated nose and stern doesn’t take damage anymore which allowed aggressive pushes and scouting and even if I eat a torp to the nose it’ll do jack. 

I stopped doing that after a while, as the guys I dived with stopped playing the game, and me being more a lone wolf kinda player. besides having actual hp on my Shima helped in gun fights as around that time more and more players started using the guns on IJN DDs which put me on a disadvantage. 

In the old meta, it worked quite well even against cross drops from CVs as long I was able to take the torps on the nose or the stern. Mid ship hits were a death sentence tho. 

In in the current meta, it’s suicide. Especially with CVs in play, gun boats and radar cruisers, cause as a DD, you gonna need every bit of HP. 

Unless you wanna farm Dreadnoughts, there’s no reason to do it in a BB and dumb doing it in a cruiser. 

[-AP-]
Players
1,296 posts
11,488 battles

@OP youre trying to understand "stupid" which is impossible. What those players did was just that and should be left at that.

[SM0KE]
Players
6,428 posts
14,954 battles
8 hours ago, Captain_Campbell said:

Anyone else seen this?

Not personally.

As others mention, it might be a way to make getting a Dreadnought easier; perhaps someone was trying to do the 'awards' mission that's been on over this weekend?

Another possibility is someone testing their ship's actual behaviour when hit by a torp, if they don't know about training rooms?

@waxx25's hypothesis is extremely likely though - the weekend does seem to bring out the, erm, 'unusual' in people...

Sign in to follow this